Looks like evening EMH will be returning in 2005

lentesta

Premium Member
Original Poster
Disney's travel-agent website was updated last night to describe their new packages for 2005 (a separate topic in its own right). One of the items mentioned was Extra Magic Hour (now renamed as Extra Magic Hours:

Extra Magic Hours: Each day, one of Disney’s magical theme parks opens one hour early exclusively for resort guests, or, as a new feature, stays open up to three hours extra after regular park hours ......

So, good news for Disney resort guests. Schedules have not yet been posted, but I expect this will be done later this month, as the program begins in 2005.

Len

all41

I am so fired up about this. I probably wasn't going to return for a while but this makes me want to plan a spring trip.
I can't wait to stay up late at Animal Kingdom, Studio, Epcot.
My kids LOVE Eride night at Magic Kingdom so they'll love this as well.

cj2me

:sohappy: :p :sohappy:

I'm so HAPPY! I can't wait to go. When will the discount packages come out for May?

AEfx

all41 said:
I am so fired up about this. I probably wasn't going to return for a while but this makes me want to plan a spring trip.
I can't wait to stay up late at Animal Kingdom, Studio, Epcot.
My kids LOVE Eride night at Magic Kingdom so they'll love this as well.
I'm right there with you! :)

My last visit was in October, and the shorter hours didn't bother me much because of MNSSHP's (I ended up going to all three the week I was there). The other nights I'd do Epcot until 9, so I didn't feel like I was missing out on much.

Then I started looking at the hours for my trip in January, and realized that I wasn't going to want to go to Epcot every night, and since I'm not a PI person I was wondering just what I was going to find to do. With EMH at night I'm also tickled to be able to see MGM and AK after dark. :) This is such good news - I just want the details so I can go about rearranging my PS's.

AEfx

kverdon

?????????? So are Extra Magic Hours not currently in effect? We are staying at Boardwalk and were looking forward to getting in an hour early. :veryconfu

AEfx

kverdon said:
?????????? So are Extra Magic Hours not currently in effect? We are staying at Boardwalk and were looking forward to getting in an hour early. :veryconfu
Of course they are. This is about the reworking of the system next year to include both morning and evening EMH's.

AEfx

nicholas

Let's say the MK closes at 8. With EMH it would be open until 11 to resort guests. Do I have to be IN the MK that day to take part, or can I spend the day at Epcot until about 7, and then head over to the MK for the EMH. How much before park closing do you have to be there in order to take part?

all41

You'd be able to get IN if you show your park hopper ticket and resort ID.
I am sure you will be able to get in even "after regular closing time" with the same ID. You could get into Eride after park close with the right ID as well.

They won't kick anyone out of the "late" night park but you'll probably need to get a wrist band to ride the attractions that are open later. That's what they do for E ride. No one kicked out but only "wrist" band people get to go on rides.

BRING IT ON!!! :sohappy: :sohappy:

LivefortheMouse

Can everyone stay 3 hours or is it just for resort guests? I have noticed that they seem to allow anyone in on extra magic hour times mgm checks for resort keys but magic and animal dont i dont know about epcot since this will be my first time using extra magic hour there. That makes me mad because it should be ur perk for staying with disney and not for everyone.

AEfx

LivefortheMouse said:
Can everyone stay 3 hours or is it just for resort guests? I have noticed that they seem to allow anyone in on extra magic hour times mgm checks for resort keys but magic and animal dont i dont know about epcot since this will be my first time using extra magic hour there. That makes me mad because it should be ur perk for staying with disney and not for everyone.
EMH (or "surprise mornings") was just making unoffical policy into policy and making it a resort benefit. The parks always opened early, especially during peak attendance - EMH just guaranteed it for Resort guests.

From what I'm understanding, this will work like the hard-ticketed events, like MNSSHP and MVMCP, where you must have a bracelet to attend. In this case, it sounds like they only check for bracelets when you get on attractions, and security isn't removing people without bracelets as they do for the hard-tickets. It's actually very smart for Disney - the only thing left to do is spend money eating or shopping for three hours, so you can bet they won't be rushing non-resort guests out of the parks.

I look at it this way - as a resort guest I am guaranteed these benefits, non-resort guests just get lucky. I don't wish anyone to have a less magical vacation so I feel better about my "exclusive" right.

AEfx

longfamily

The only thing that I didn't like about this in the past is that when MK was opened later for those who paid for the bracelets, only e-ticket rides were open (and the most popular non e-tickets like POC). It wasn't a bad thing because it makes sense not to run rides (do to costs) that wouldn't be utilized as much, but when we paid for a bracelet, we expected all attractions to be open. Also, will they be granting an evening EMH to all parks like they do the morning hour (a specific park on a specific day) or just to MK?
I wonder if they will maintain only using EMH (evenings)for peak and summer time seasons or will they go ahead and try it for a whole year that way those who like to go off season can participate.

tigger248

longfamily said:
The only thing that I didn't like about this in the past is that when MK was opened later for those who paid for the bracelets, only e-ticket rides were open (and the most popular non e-tickets like POC). It wasn't a bad thing because it makes sense not to run rides (do to costs) that wouldn't be utilized as much, but when we paid for a bracelet, we expected all attractions to be open. Also, will they be granting an evening EMH to all parks like they do the morning hour (a specific park on a specific day) or just to MK?
I wonder if they will maintain only using EMH (evenings)for peak and summer time seasons or will they go ahead and try it for a whole year that way those who like to go off season can participate.

This is different from the MK's e-ride nights. This is just like the morning EMH's, but the difference is that it will also be run at night. From what I've heard, all the parks will have this. MK's e-ride nights only advertised having the e-tickets open, so you should have known before you purchased the tickets that only the e-tickets would be open.

I'm excited about this news. I only hope that this one runs on all nights of the year and that it's in effect on my next trip, whenever that may be.

longfamily

tigger248 said:
This is different from the MK's e-ride nights. This is just like the morning EMH's, but the difference is that it will also be run at night. From what I've heard, all the parks will have this. MK's e-ride nights only advertised having the e-tickets open, so you should have known before you purchased the tickets that only the e-tickets would be open.

I'm excited about this news. I only hope that this one runs on all nights of the year and that it's in effect on my next trip, whenever that may be.
Oh....Thanks for the head's up!
Got a little confused there:)
unfortunatly we did not look into what we were buying when we did the e-ride thing. That was our first "adult" without parental guidence trip...Ah the memories:eek:
I am curious to know whether or not they intend to keep EMH year round or only the times during the year when the parks have a higher capacity. Also, we all know that it's always been customary to let anyone in in the mornings because they don't really check to see if you're staying on property, how will they enforce this at night?

DisneyPhD

I am really looking forward to this. With young kids the only morning EE that is worth it for us is MK, all the rest of the parks don't have attractions for kids open then.

We tend to take a nap, but not until later afternoon. If the kids get to sleep around 3, or go swiming we are ready to get going again around 6:00 intime for dinner. By time we eat dinner MK is closed at 7:00 or 8:00 in the winter, leaving Epcot as our only night time choice.

Also if is open until 11, then hopefully the mad dash to leave won't be so bad and we can actually get on the bus or monorail at 10:00 with out waiting 6 times!

Either way it sounds great to me. I can't wait to see a schdule. Anyone know when they will get a calander of hours out. We are going end of Feb, early March.

nibblesandbits

This sounds incredible!!! I am SO not a morning person and I hate to wake up early to get to the parks to make the mad dash to get in all the rides. Now with this new system, it's gonna look like I won't have to! I'm gonna get to sleep in on my vacation!!! :sohappy:

diddy_mouse

that is so sweet!!! :sohappy: now i can't wait for my trip! i did e-ride nghts once and loved it. never could do the surprise mornings though...could get outta bed. this time i'm going to try and do both!

CTXRover

From intercot:

The following is the schedule for EMH starting in Januaury. Note that throughout the week EACH park offers a morning AND an evening EMH.

Theme Park Days:
SUNDAY EVENING Disney-MGM Studios
MONDAY MORNING Epcot
*TUESDAY MORNING Disney-MGM Studios
*TUESDAY EVENING Animal Kingdom
WEDNESDAY EVENING Magic Kingdom
THURSDAY EVENING Epcot
FRIDAY MORNING Magic Kingdom
SATURDAY MORNING Animal Kingdom

ATTRACTIONS OPEN DURING EXTRA MAGIC HOUR

Magic Kingdom:

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
Haunted Mansion
Mad Tea Party
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Cinderella's Golden Carrousel
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Peter Pan's Flight
Tomorrowland Indy Speedway
Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Astro Orbiter
Country Bear Jamboree
Jungle Cruise
Swiss Family Treehouse
Stitch's Great Escape!
it's a small world (available Spring 2005)
Pirates of the Caribbean

Epcot:

Mission: SPACE
Spaceship Earth
Test Track
Universe of Energy
Journey into Imagination with Figment
El Rio del Tiempo
Honey I Shrunk the Audience
Living with the Land
The Maelstrom

Disney-MGM Studios:

The Great Movie Ride
Muppet*Vision 3-D
The Magic of Disney Animation
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith
Sounds Dangerous - Starring Drew Carey
Star Tours
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Playhouse Disney

Disney's Animal Kingdom:

The Boneyard
Dinosaur
Festival of the Lion King
It's Tough to be a Bug!
Kali River Rapids (seasonal)
Kilimanjaro Safaris (seasonal)
Primeval Whirl
Tarzan Rocks!
Tree of Life
Triceratop Spin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom