Looking for info on these dolls...year made etc.

Eric Maidment

Original Poster
Hi...I have these Mickey and Minnie mouse dolls in mint condition....I can't find these exact ones online anywhere..pie eyed vintage style dolls. The eyes are a plastic material... Old rat nosed dolls. Any info on year made etc would be great thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20160225_174420830.jpg
    IMG_20160225_174420830.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20160225_174124620.jpg
    IMG_20160225_174124620.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 35

Figments Friend

Looking at the photos, these remind me of a pair of 'Collectors Edition' dolls that were sold through the WDW Merchandise Catalog in the mid-1980s.
Back then, the Park did direct mail orders through a colorful catalog that featured primarily WDW related Park Merch as well as a few higher end 'Collectors' items.
Your dolls remind me of a set they offered, but they could just be similar looking ones.
I don't have one of my old catalogs in front of me, that would require some digging, but this was my first thought looking at these.

I see what looks to be a tag sewn on Mickey's leg.
If so, knowing what it says or numbers listed might help identify them.
Also, how large are these dolls?
A height measurement might also help identify them.

Part of me suspects these are more recent recreations of 'vintage looking' mice based on the fabric used, seeming size ( just guessing in the photos ) and eye size.
There have been many 'vintage' styled Mouse dolls over the last decade or so but the sewn on 'brows' remind me of those 80s collectors versions.

-

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom