Looking for Character Dining Suggestions

Sr Cara de Papa

Original Poster
Hi all! We've been to Disneyland several times but have never done character dining. We are planning a trip for July and were looking for suggestions for the best character dining experience outside the parks. Out of Goofy's Kitchen, PCH Grill and Storyteller's Café which one would you recommend for breakfast? I know characters are subject to change, but who are the "regulars" at each location? TIA

habuma

IMO, Plaza Inn in Disneyland Park is hands-down the best mix of characters of any Disney character breakfast anywhere. We've been a few times (will be there later this week, in fact) and have seen characters such as Chip, Dale, Minnie, Captain Hook, Max Goof, Pooh, Eeyore, Tigger, and more that I can't remember right now. The food is standard Disney breakfast buffet fare. But if you're looking for a good mix of characters, it's hard to beat Plaza Inn.

Of course, you asked for outside of the parks...in which case Plaza Inn doesn't qualify. In that case, Goofy's Kitchen is your best bet. PCH Grill was just ho-hum. Storyteller's is good, but the characters are primarily Chip, Dale, and Brother Bear's Kenai and Koda.

Reggie Colorado

We did PCH for breakfast a couple years ago. Mickey "hosts" so you are guaranteed to meet him. In fact, you meet him and pose for a photo when you first enter. When we went, the other characters were Minnie, Daisy, Stitch, and (I think) Pluto. Once an hour or so, the characters have all the kids come up to do a dance party, so the kids get to dance with Mickey (well, in a line with Mickey). The food was fine for a hotel breakfast buffet but unmemorable. The restaurant is not too large, but it is awkwardly set up with some posts in the way. Despite the relatively smaller dining room, every character did not make it to our table within an hour, so we had to hurriedly pose with Daisy in between tables on our way out. The beach decorations and costumes are kind of tacky -- Mickey's outfit reminded me of Poochie. Paradise Pier is also a bit of a hike from the park entrances, so it is not the most convenient spot if you are spending the rest of the day in the parks. Overall, it was fun to do once and allowed us to skip standing in multiple lines to meet the characters in the park, but I doubt we would spend the money again.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
I've eaten at them all and in the parks go with the Plaza Inn. Outside go with Goofy's kitchen. I was not impressed with Storytellers, but I did like PCH.

Pam

Sr Cara de Papa

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I think we will go with Goofy's Kitchen. Is a reservation really needed or can they accommodate walk-ins without too much of a wait?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom