Looking for a nice Apt in Orlando. What are the best Areas.

Mac4life30

Original Poster
Hello

So i am relocationg from Miami to Orlando but need help with what areas to avoid. I am looking near Lake Buena Vista/Little Lake Bryan maybe Hunters Creek. I have also been looking at possibly Celebration. Any reason why I shuld avoid these areas? Some of the apartments i am looking at are:

Discovery Palms formerly Alta at Little Lake Bryan 12806 Madison Pointe Circle, Orlando, FL 32821

Vinings at Westwood 6600 Banner Lake Circle, Orlando, FL 32821

Urbana Apartments 4404 Urbana Drive, Orlando, FL 32837

Camden at World Gateway formerly Alexan at World Gateway 14501 Gateway Pointe Circle, Orlando, FL 32821

Sabal Palm at Lake Buena Vista 13675 Lake Vining Drive, Orlando, FL 32821

Abaco Key Apartments formerly Mystic Point Ltd10712 Mystic Cir, Orlando, FL 32836

Then of course Celebration but i might just start a whole new post on that subject.

71jason

I lived in the Vinings about 3 years ago. Didn't like the new management company that took over, but still very clean, very safe, relatively quiet. Parking can be a bit of a hassle depending on your building. Convenient to everything.

Had an ex who lived in Camden. Not a fan of gated communities--they annoy me and don't really keep anyone out--but her apartment was nice. I swear every apartment in central Florida uses one of maybe 5 floor plans, so there is not a lot of difference there.

maxairmike

Hello

So i am relocationg from Miami to Orlando but need help with what areas to avoid. I am looking near Lake Buena Vista/Little Lake Bryan maybe Hunters Creek. I have also been looking at possibly Celebration. Any reason why I shuld avoid these areas? Some of the apartments i am looking at are:

Discovery Palms formerly Alta at Little Lake Bryan 12806 Madison Pointe Circle, Orlando, FL 32821

Vinings at Westwood 6600 Banner Lake Circle, Orlando, FL 32821

Urbana Apartments 4404 Urbana Drive, Orlando, FL 32837

Camden at World Gateway formerly Alexan at World Gateway 14501 Gateway Pointe Circle, Orlando, FL 32821

Sabal Palm at Lake Buena Vista 13675 Lake Vining Drive, Orlando, FL 32821

Abaco Key Apartments formerly Mystic Point Ltd10712 Mystic Cir, Orlando, FL 32836

Then of course Celebration but i might just start a whole new post on that subject.

Stay away from Sabal Palm! I have friends that live there, have lived there and they all have nothing good to say about the place.

Having grown up living in nothing but apartments I was a bit picky when looking (ended up renting a room in a house), and a lot of the older complexes don't seem to have been kept up all that well in the Disney area, and the newer gated communities were well outside of my price range (admittedly my annual income isn't exactly high) even with a roommate or two. Something to keep in mind is that there are quite a few complexes in the Disney area that are turning into condo/villa complexes, which is putting a crunch on apartment availability between all the parks/lower wage jobs and the young graduates from UCF staying in the area. I know Mirabella is fairly nice, but were turning into the villa/condo thing, but they're still saying they're taking leases all while basically booting people out at the end of current leases with no option to renew, so you'd have to call them. Century Palms at World Gateway is right next to Mirabella and I have friends that live there (and current roommate used to live there). It is by all accounts a nice complex and I believe they are one of the few complexes that still has a fair amount of open units in the area. They are on the expensive side (2br w/garage my friend is in costs her about $1200/month) but are very nice inside and the complex looks nice as well. My roommate also lived at Camden and it is a little older than both Mirabella and Century Palms and said it was showing its age when he left. They might have redone the place, but I'm not sure since I don't know anyone that lives there currently.

TowerOfTerror

I looked at the majority of that list while apartment hunting and wasn't really thrilled with most of them on that list. The only place I would recommend looking at is Urbana, it looks rather nice, but the only down side if all the toll roads in the Hunters Creek area. I have lived in both Century Palms and Mirabella. I liked living Century Palms but the rent was way too high for me to do with my salary. I currently live in Mirabella and really like it here, you usually can find decent prices from Craigslist postings for Mirabella from owners.

There is also a brand new complex Camden Town Square which is right on 192 which you might want to check out. It's right across the street from Celebration.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom