LOD Frontierland Work Thread, Team Symbosis

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
In the spirit of Independence Day this week, our newest land celebrates the American pioneer. It is the perfect embodiment of the wonder of the unknown and the quest to discover it, whether it be by land, water, or rail. It's a time of endless summers and lazy rivers. Stay a while, and you'll see why so many folks choose to call it home. Welcome to Frontierland, partner. Your re-imagined attraction for this week will be the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue. In Florida, the early 1800's style of the saloon at the boundary to Liberty Square marks the end of the East and the beginning of the West - the perfect way for you to head off into the unknown wilderness.

So, Diamond Horseshoe Revue is the re-imagined attraction.

ScorpionX

I don't belong to this team, but guys, seriously, look at the other posts on the entry thread before posting your project.
What do you mean?
In the spirit of Independence Day this week, our newest land celebrates the American pioneer. It is the perfect embodiment of the wonder of the unknown and the quest to discover it, whether it be by land, water, or rail. It's a time of endless summers and lazy rivers. Stay a while, and you'll see why so many folks choose to call it home. Welcome to Frontierland, partner. Your re-imagined attraction for this week will be the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue. In Florida, the early 1800's style of the saloon at the boundary to Liberty Square marks the end of the East and the beginning of the West - the perfect way for you to head off into the unknown wilderness.

I was thinking that we make Diamond Horseshoe Saloon Revue a tribute to America.

ScorpionX

Take a look at my team's post. Organized, attraction list and detailed descriptions of each scene, just like it should be.

Your entry was basically:
We have this and this and this on our Adventureland. Kthxbai.
We were on a tight schedule. What does "Kthxbai" mean?

Stratofarius

We were on a tight schedule. What does "Kthxbai" mean?

That is not an excuse for delivering such an weak project. Besides, it's not the creator's fault, or the project's fault- it's yours. If you guys took so much time to make Adventureland, then at least working hard on your project wouldn't hurt. It's your guys fault.

Kthxbai means: ok, thanks, bye.

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
Take a look at my team's post. Organized, attraction list and detailed descriptions of each scene, just like it should be.

Your entry was basically:
We have this and this and this on our Adventureland. Kthxbai.

Cut me some slack, it was my first time posting a project, you could give me credit for being brave enough to do it. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Stratofarius

Cut me some slack, it was my first time posting a project, you could give me credit for being brave enough to do it. :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Now you're just being ridiculous.

The point I am making is: it doesn't matters if you overdue, it doesn't matters if it is your first time posting a project, if you don't post something good, you're really not deserving to move to the next round.

I really would love to see how the judges will react to your project.

Besides, its a FORUM POST. "Being brave enough to do it"? Come on!

MANEATINGWREATH

Ya, no offense but that was some bad sportsmanship on your part Stratofarius. I understand that you may feel different about the other team's presentation and their project. I understand that feeling, everyone has an opponent at some point in time. But this is just a fun game for Imagineers to flex their creative abilities. You should be concerned more with your own work rather than theirs. I for one am happy with this team's work, along with all the other teams' work. I am very happy that the original League of Dreamers (Over on VF) became something far more successful and complex over here at WDWMagic. When the original was created I had no intentions for harsh criticism to be made against the contestants by other contestants. The only criticism I intended for was the creative kind, not shooting down another team's project and telling them that they don't deserve to move on to the next round. Now come on, that's not very mature or appropriate. Please don't hate me for calling this out on you, lol.

Anyways that's all I'm going to say about this. Good luck and good work to ALL the teams. Continue to thrive and shine with your awesome creativity. And most importantly...EVERYONE GET BACK TO WORK! :lol:

Stratofarius

Ya, no offense but that was some bad sportsmanship on your part Stratofarius. I understand that you may feel different about the other team's presentation and their project. I understand that feeling, everyone has an opponent at some point in time. But this is just a fun game for Imagineers to flex their creative abilities. You should be concerned more with your own work rather than theirs. I for one am happy with this team's work, along with all the other teams' work. I am very happy that the original League of Dreamers (Over on VF) became something far more successful and complex over here at WDWMagic. When the original was created I had no intentions for harsh criticism to be made against the contestants by other contestants. The only criticism I intended for was the creative kind, not shooting down another team's project and telling them that they don't deserve to move on to the next round. Now come on, that's not very mature or appropriate. Please don't hate me for calling this out on you, lol.

Anyways that's all I'm going to say about this. Good luck and good work to ALL the teams. Continue to thrive and shine with your awesome creativity. And most importantly...EVERYONE GET BACK TO WORK! :lol:

To be quite frank, I was never THAT harsh. Just what kind of answer do you expect me to give to someone saying that it's bad because it's their first post? "Oh, ok, no problems, here is your free cake! :sohappy:", besides I never told them that they really don't deserve to move on, what I was trying to say that before they move on, they should like behind them and think if they really did a good job.
Besides, how can I in the name of Sam Hill know that my project was better when the only thing I can compare is our Fantasyland projects, which still have a part 2? We are still waiting for a Tomorrowland review, remember?

And work? Ha, I laugh in the face of work! Ha ha ha!... Not really, just wanted to make a Lion King reference.

Not counting that these are the only teams that are really playing the game! I want a bit of competition on this thing, instead of just being another project thread. You guys had excellent projects for the last categories, why not the same this time?

(Ok, I do admit I was kinda harsh, but the responses I got...)

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster

Alrighty, it's time for the secret project. This week, the secret project is a little larger than it's been in the past. We want you to build a subland off of Frontierland, in the style of LIberty Square, Critter Country, or New Orleans Square. The only trick is that you must use an original idea for the land. You may include as many things as you want in this new section of the park, but here is the required criteria for the secret project:

1 Table Service Restaurant (separate from the four that you have been allotted)
1 E-Ticket attraction (does not count toward your total)

Good luck, Dreamers.

---TrevorA

Haunted Mansion?

MaterA113

Y'all are just anxious for Haunted Mansion aren't you!?!?... haha

HM's time WILL come, just be patient... We will tell you when to use Haunted Mansion, right now, is NOT the case.

Have Fun!

mickeyfan5534

Original Poster
We need to get crakin!
kirmit, can you post it this time, after the response from last time, I don't think I should do it anymore. So the Diamond Horseshoe revue presents, A Tribute to America will be our version of Diamond Horseshoe. Maybe a blue bayou land or something like that to transition fronteerland to adventureland.

ScorpionX

We need to get crakin!
kirmit, can you post it this time, after the response from last time, I don't think I should do it anymore. So the Diamond Horseshoe revue presents, A Tribute to America will be our version of Diamond Horseshoe. Maybe a blue bayou land or something like that to transition fronteerland to adventureland.
A tribute to America could include such songs as "New York, New York," "Maryland, My Maryland," "My Old Kentucky Home," and "The Star-Spangled Banner."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom