Living With The Land Narration

Iris

Original Poster
During the greenhouse section of Living With The Land, what year did they replace live narrators with a recording?

Cmdr_Crimson

During the greenhouse section of Living With The Land, what year did they replace live narrators with a recording?
In 2007 just around the same time Mike Brassell who did the narration for it also Narrated the 07 version of the People mover narration.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It was much better when Disney had live narration ==in usual Disney fashion eliminate staff and guest experience to make an extra buck
I disagree. I think this is one of the few experiences where eliminating the CM from the experience didnt really change much.

Thats just my opinion tho. I can see why people prefer it. For me, tho, it didnt really change the experience a whole lot.

awoogala

I disagree. I think this is one of the few experiences where eliminating the CM from the experience didnt really change much.

Thats just my opinion tho. I can see why people prefer it. For me, tho, it didnt really change the experience a whole lot.
I think the main reason for me, is that people seemed to shut up and listen more. With the recorded narration, people seem to just talk over it constantly. (though it could just be the overall move to more rude bahavior).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think the main reason for me, is that people seemed to shut up and listen more. With the recorded narration, people seem to just talk over it constantly. (though it could just be the overall move to more rude bahavior).
Okay, I could get behind this point of view.

ppete1975

I think the recorded narration is a good choice. Compared to the jungle cruise which has packed boats constantly and is I would assume a longer ride (Im lazy didnt check). Where living with the land (which i love) sometimes has empty or half empty boats, I feel the cast members would quickly tire to speaking to nobody or one or two people. Also Living with the land would be heavily scripted and dry. Where jungle cruise changes ride to ride, skipper to skipper, journey to journey (sometimes a little too much, as some skippers are not as funny as they think they are).
So the recorded narration can just repeat the exact same thing regardless of how many people are on the boat, or how many times it is done.

Tom Morrow

I actually think this is better without a live narrator. The recording makes it a very laid back and soothing ride.

Also I once had a boat to myself and it was awesome, whereas that would have been awfully awkward with a live narrator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom