Living with the Land music

Mirag3

Original Poster
So, after searching all over the Internet I have yet to find what I'm looking for. There's a piece of guitar instrumental in the ride living with the land which is perhaps my favorite piece of music at Disney. It takes place right after the farm when you are in the barn about to transition to the greenhouse.

The most I can find is that it was written by George Wilkins. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and could help me find it (whether that be a backing track or even better sheet music) I would be forever grateful.

Thanks again. And any info would be appreciated.

luv

Wish I could help. I'll listen closer next time.

I thought you were talking about the "Listen to the Land" song, which I love. "Just make believe...you're a tiny little seed...". I sure wish they would play THAT, especially when you go through the really ugly part.

HouCuseChickie

I'm not 100% on the section you're referring to - at least musically- but I know parts of the ride still have little hints of the original "Listen to the Land" song. Does anything in this clip mirror or resemble what you're thinking of?

If not, I at least got to hear one of my old faves. :D

captainkidd

So, after searching all over the Internet I have yet to find what I'm looking for. There's a piece of guitar instrumental in the ride living with the land which is perhaps my favorite piece of music at Disney. It takes place right after the farm when you are in the barn about to transition to the greenhouse.

The most I can find is that it was written by George Wilkins. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and could help me find it (whether that be a backing track or even better sheet music) I would be forever grateful.

Thanks again. And any info would be appreciated.

Best bet would be to youtube the ride, download the audio to your ipod or MP3 player, then edit out the before and after parts of that scene. Of course, it will still have the narration, but that's the best I can think of.

wdwfan22

I've never seen that piece of music available on the web without the narration included. That piece of music is highly sought after.

SDav10495

Oh man...this has been driving me crazy for years. Without a clean audio, that narration is becoming almost as familiar as the guitar piece itself.

"Here at Epcot, we're learning to reduce the need for pesticides by using natural predators..."

steviej

Best bet would be to youtube the ride, download the audio to your ipod or MP3 player, then edit out the before and after parts of that scene. Of course, it will still have the narration, but that's the best I can think of.

How can you do that? Do you mean when there's a download link in the description?

TalkingHead

Ahh, Barn Theater 2.

After the hundreds of times I rode the boats around, that piece of music and film stood out to me, too. Something very EPCOT about it.

I believe there are speakers in the boxes/crates in front of the screen, but it kinda seems to me that maybe those speakers only projected the narration, not the music. But I could also be mis-remembering that.

keneka

There are two different versions of this music. One has the narration spoken by a man and the other is spoken by a women (not sure which one is the current one?). Anyway I don't know if this helps but the version narrated by the women uses a bit of music just after the farm scene (played on a guitar) that is actually a snippet of the music from Seasons of the Vine (from Golden State Winery in California Adventure - now closed I think?) by Bruce Broughton - hope this helps

Cmdr_Crimson

There are two different versions of this music. One has the narration spoken by a man and the other is spoken by a women (not sure which one is the current one?). Anyway I don't know if this helps but the version narrated by the women uses a bit of music just after the farm scene (played on a guitar) that is actually a snippet of the music from Seasons of the Vine (from Golden State Winery in California Adventure - now closed I think?) by Bruce Broughton - hope this helps

Their using the Male Narration for the ride...But, there is the source audio of the Female version on youtube..

DfromATX

Living with the Land is my favorite ride at Epcot. I love it. It's what I look forward to most there. I would be so sad if they ever removed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom