Trip Report LIVE - We're Andy's toys and we're going to play!

Hello again.
Well this trip has taken its time to come around. I'm sure you can all relate to that. The endless countdown that doesn't seem to get any smaller and all your friends going off to Disney while you're stuck at home. For those of you still there I feel your pain,

But

My turn has finally come and you get to share it with me, that is if you want to? Albeit in a virtual format.

I debated long and hard on whether to do another live report given all the time it took last year but I have decided I am going to try to give it a go again. I should be updating at the end of every day or in the mornings but everything depends on free WI fi. Fingers crossed.

For those of you who didn't read my last report (where were you?) here's a bit of background

Me Tracey
My husband Chris

image.jpeg

Disney mad, every comment in my life relates back to Disney. I've been travelling to Disney every November since 2000 (I went in Nov 1996 for the first time and then in Nov 1998 then May 1999) and then every year in November since.
Disney is a huge part of my life, I'm addicted and everyone thinks I'm mad (one of a kind, and a wee bit crazy) but I don't care - I love it and always will.
Chris isn't as mad as me (but that would be pretty impossible anyway) and pretends that he does it for me but I have those photos with the glint in his eye so who is he trying to kid?!

So here we are our 19th trip and I still get the excitement and butterflies in my stomach at the though of actually going back again. I will rack up 280 nights spent in POR during this trip and am aiming for 365 - a whole year of my life spent in Disney! That's my ambition and I think it's a pretty good one to have although Chris tells me not to admit that to anyone outside of this forum!

We've never had the same holiday even though we've been going back year after year, somehow each trip is different. I guess everyone on here can kind of relate to that too

So what's the plan?
We travel on Thursday 5th November from Gatwick at 1pm a later flight than we normally take but it was the only Virgin Atlantic flight out on this day. We are staying for 15 nights at our beloved Port Orleans Riverside - POR
We have Disney Dining plan so our meals are taken care of - we normally come home with loads to spare.
We have a 14 day Disney pass so our first day will be at Universal (as we are staying 15 nights and have to go to Magic Kingdom the day we leave)
We have BOG (be our guest for any non Disney abbreviation friends reading - Lianne at work! (not a toilet reference as some of my non Disney friends thought when I told them!) - this is a restaurant themed on Beauty and the Beast, my favourite film) booked for 2 lunches but apart from that these 15 days are all mine to absorb as much Disney as possible to keep me going another year.
And of course there will be ice cream every day (something I have to do while on holiday and will definitely feature A LOT in this report - as it did in the last one too!) and hopefully a few WDW Magic meet ups along the way. There are quite a few of us there so I am sure we will be running into each other.

My brother Mark and his wife Claire were meant to join us on this trip however, Claire was told in July that she had to be at a meeting on 13th Nov and her company said they would pay for travel costs etc to get her there. This would have meant loosing a week of their holiday though in terms of travel time etc. We all looked at travel dates to move but it wasn't possible so they have re booked for 2016 so will be joining us then. I was so looking forward to showing them the full on Disney experience of staying on site etc but it just wasn't meant to be (this time!) I was really disappointed not to have them join us, but it won't spoil our fun. I think they will feel the pain more than us!

And just in case you want to follow along @coachwnh and @prfctlyximprct (for helping me with Disney blues in the past) @LisaBelle thanks for your message earlier this week and hopefully this report will help pass the days until your Feb trip (keep up the training) - @Minnesota disney fan who contacted me direct and we have shared email and Facebook messages since about May this year (looking forward to meeting you in person on 12th Nov in Magic Kingdom) @Zipitidoda so you can enjoy more of my gorillapod shots which you enjoyed from my last trip report @PrincessOfDisneyworld who actually read my last trip report 3 times, (I am still touched you enjoyed it that much) and @Tiggertoo56 who read my report twice and this time last year was in Disney - I hope this helps re live some memories.
And obviously welcome to any previous or new readers - you are all more than welcome

So, I am at home sorting out the last bits and Chris is still in London and we want to leave for the airport in 2 hours for our overnight stay in a hotel before our long 9 1/2 hour ish flight tomorrow to "Our laughing place"
I've pinched myself and it hurt so it's actually happening! Zip a dee do dah
See you on the other side........

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh....... We're finally off. (Well nearly!)

DisneyFans4Life

How are you going to use all those meals before you leave?! Load up on snacks from the bakery and take them back to the UK. I won't lie...I had a few of those large Mickey chocolate chip cookies to get on our last day...

Tiggertoo56

It's continued raining all night, so we've packed, eaten at the food court and are now going to have an early night. It's going to be a long day tomorrow!

Tomorrow we have to leave, but it's also my birthday! (Well in the UK it's my birthday now!)

Now normally it works out OK for me to spend a full day in Disney for my birthday and then to fly home the following day but this year it just hasn't worked out!

But hakuna Matata, no worries at least I get to see the parade one last time....... And get ice cream and go to MK as our flight isn't until later in the evening. (8pm)

So our first stop in the morning will be Disney Springs to drop our bags off. Virgin do a check in service by Cirque Du Soleil. We I'll drop our bags off so they just go to the airport and we just take ourselves and hand baggage there later.

We will then pop back to POR for possibly breakfast and to check out and then we will be on our way to MK to get our final fix for another year! We still have memories to make...........

We'll then head to the airport for our long flight back to reality.

We've had a great time, laughed loads and made new friends along the way, it's been a blast - I don't want it to end.........

Thanks for following so far and the final day will probably be updated on Saturday or Sunday when we are back in the UK.

Until then ..............
Happy Birthday and safe travels home!

Tiggertoo56

Friday 20th November

My birthday - and happy un birthday to you all. Here are some of my cards tha were given to Chris before we left.

View attachment 120008

Good news - I had money in some of them.

Just a quick update

We've dropped the bags at Disney Springs, there was no one there. We've never seen it so quite, so we were there and back quickly. We've had breakfast and still have 9 meals and 5 snacks left of our dining plan.

We are now sorting the final bits before we leave to the parks.
We will leave the parks at around 3.30pm

We had this crazy idea this morning of hitting all 4 parks today but I think that is probably a step too far

More Saturday/Sunday when we are back in England
Wow! Drop off is never quiet! Hope you had a good last day before you left. Did you spend the rest of the snacks on icecream? Hope the flight back is ok - not wet here, just a bit cold compared to the last few days. Have really enjoyed your report and will follow along next year should you do another live one.:)

SSH

Thank you for taking us on vacation with you. As this trip ends, your countdown to the next just got shorter. Think about it: you're already less than 365 days from returning home again.

Minnesota disney fan

Tracey, I think I saw Jiminy cricket, but didn't know who they were! I saw the dog a couple of times with them, and will be sure to say Hi next year if I see them again. Chris is right, we should all have a sign of some kind that we are from WDWmagic! We could all wear purple wrist bands of some kind, I don't' know? Have a whole year to think of it. Any thoughts from others?
It was great meeting you guys. And I forgive you for that goofy picture. I laughed so hard.........I don't know if we were yelling, or just talking all the time, like we did through the whole ride. What a fun time. Roger said he thought you had a homing device planted, because we just happened to run into you on our last day in crowded MK. I told him I would see you guys. Glad we did. I don't like goodbyes
but wanted to say we had a blast meeting you and hope to see you next year if our ducks all get in a row like we want. talk to you later:)
Ruth

Longers

Original Poster
How are you going to use all those meals before you leave?! Load up on snacks from the bakery and take them back to the UK. I won't lie...I had a few of those large Mickey chocolate chip cookies to get on our last day...

We didn't eat all the quick serve but we used the snacks and brought bits back to England with us. Thanks for following along.

I loved coming along with you, hope you have a safe trip back to the UK and a HaPpY BiRThdAy!!!

Thank you, and thanks for following

What a great trip report...hope you both enjoy your last day at Disney this year, and Happy Birthday!!

Thanks you, we had a great last day

Wow! Drop off is never quiet! Hope you had a good last day before you left. Did you spend the rest of the snacks on icecream? Hope the flight back is ok - not wet here, just a bit cold compared to the last few days. Have really enjoyed your report and will follow along next year should you do another live one.:)

That's what we thought!
We used the snacks for candy floss so I can eat at the weekend!
And it was freezing when we landed 5 hours ago - certainly a change from our 80+ degrees.

No matter how old you get, its always a thrill!!!!!!!!!

Nothing beats a birthday (or holiday) in Disney! Have a safe trip back. Thanks for taking the time to share.

Tell me about it, thanks for following and you really need to get something booked,

Thank you for taking us on vacation with you. As this trip ends, your countdown to the next just got shorter. Think about it: you're already less than 365 days from returning home again.

Thank you for following - only 350 days till we are back but I shouldn't really wish my life away

Tracey, I think I saw Jiminy cricket, but didn't know who they were! I saw the dog a couple of times with them, and will be sure to say Hi next year if I see them again. Chris is right, we should all have a sign of some kind that we are from WDWmagic! We could all wear purple wrist bands of some kind, I don't' know? Have a whole year to think of it. Any thoughts from others?
It was great meeting you guys. And I forgive you for that goofy picture. I laughed so hard.........I don't know if we were yelling, or just talking all the time, like we did through the whole ride. What a fun time. Roger said he thought you had a homing device planted, because we just happened to run into you on our last day in crowded MK. I told him I would see you guys. Glad we did. I don't like goodbyes
but wanted to say we had a blast meeting you and hope to see you next year if our ducks all get in a row like we want. talk to you later:)
Ruth

It was great meeting you too, and glad you forgive me for that picture!
We will keep in touch

Longers

Original Poster
My birthday continued.....

So the last update was as we were just saying goodbye to our room at POR on our way to the MK.

I had money to spend so we headed to customise an I phone case! Now I don't own an iPhone but work are meant to be issuing me with one and they had one with the beast on! I had to have it......
Let's hope work are giving me an iPhone or I will have to keep this for a souvenier. I love the beast!

If they had one for a magic band I would have done that too, but no beast magic bands yet!

image.jpeg

From here we headed under the sea with Ariel.

Don't you just love it when they project the sea onto the clam shell in front of you!?

image.jpeg

From here it was over to Peter Pan

image.jpeg

After Pan we headed to Mickey's Philharmagic - when "I just can't wait to be King" comes on and they sing everyone look left, everyone look right, myself and Chris always move our heads - I wonder if anyone behind us chuckles when they see us do it?
Then we were headed to the Haunted Mansion - if I became a ghost - apparently I can stay!

After HM we decided to take the Liberty bell. This is the first time we've done this for a few years

Longers

Original Poster
Sorry I don't seem to be all to update any further pictures at the moment so I will just continue with the last day.

After the Liberty Belle we were headed to our final ride of the holiday BTMR

Part way round the reality hit me that we were going home, we screamed, laughed and I had a tear in my eye.

We headed towards fantasyland to get ice cream and spotted the alligator again, so they are around and look to be left alone at the moment to wander?

The queue for ice cream was long so we continued to walk towards the ice cream place next to the Star Wars shop.

Again long queues so moving on we were at the ice cream parlour at end of Main Street, again long queues and time was clocking on.

So I forfeited ice cream - yes you heard me right - no ice cream on my birthday!
:( epic fail........

We were going to wait for the parade and then leave.
We sang alone and when the fie breathing dragon was approaching I turned to Chris and said time to leave - seeing those final floats would have been too much as it was as we walked under the arch below the train station I was crying.....

The lady at the front said Happy Birthday and must have wondered why I was crying.

I composed myself by the time we got on the monorail but I was looking out of the window trying to photograph every detail in my mind to preserve the memories for a further year!

Car collected from the car park we headed to riverside to get changed, grab a quick drink for the journey and to spend snacks!
Not a great idea to make this stop as I did leave time a Little tight to get to the airport.

Anyhow we pulled out of Riverside and you guessed it I was full on crying by this point. And I pretty much cried all the way to beyond the WDW sign and up to the crossroads at I think the 535.

We made the flight, chatted to the air crew and others on the plane and landed just after 9am UK time (4am Florida time) - there had been snow flurries and it was freezing! Back to reality........

Cogsworth is now sitting with Lumiere so they are both happy and look great together - I am so happy he made it. Back in one piece.

We are knackered as we didn't sleep much on the plane.

The worst part of any holiday is going home, I consider myself very lucky to be able to go every year but it don't make it any easier to leave.
The most magical memories are created here, the outside world is so far removed you literally are in a bubble.

My holiday is over but many of you have memories to make so I wish you all a magical time, and I look forward to coming along with you on your trips.

Thanks for staying with me. And I hope you enjoyed this trip as much as we did. 350 days till we get to do it all again!

I will try to upload our final photos and maybe some video over the next few days.

LisaBelle

I always cry buckets when I leave Disney. It is so hard to leave the magic! Glad to hear Cogsworth made it home in one piece and is happy to be reunited with Lumiere. Can't wait to see the picture.

Longers

Original Poster
I will eat ice cream in your honor twice (for the 2 days you missed) on my next trip in a little over 3 weeks. :) :hungry: :D

Can't believe you are going yet again! I have 349 days to wait now.
Have fun and pictures please

That sounds like a great tribute - I'll do the same on my trip in January! :cat:

Ah, thank you too and tag me in any TR or send me ice cream photo - it might ease my pain.

I always cry buckets when I leave Disney. It is so hard to leave the magic! Glad to hear Cogsworth made it home in one piece and is happy to be reunited with Lumiere. Can't wait to see the picture.

I was a blubbering wreck!
Going to attempt download of photos again later

prfctlyximprct

:D:DI hope you had a wonderful birthday!! I would send you over some ice cream if it didn't melt! Thank you so much for bringing us along on your trip! I cry and cry and cry when I leave Disney, I know I will one day return but it doesn't make it better! Disney world is a magical place of fantasy, it's such a wonderful escape from the harsh real world that we live in. People always say the "Disney bubble" and I agree that there really isn't anything that compares. Being immersed in that world is the best feeling ever!! Thank you again for your live trip report!! I felt like I was there with you! I want to see your cogsworth next to lumiere! Happy birthday again!!! May Disney keep us all forever young!

Longers

Original Poster
:D:DI hope you had a wonderful birthday!! I would send you over some ice cream if it didn't melt! Thank you so much for bringing us along on your trip! I cry and cry and cry when I leave Disney, I know I will one day return but it doesn't make it better! Disney world is a magical place of fantasy, it's such a wonderful escape from the harsh real world that we live in. People always say the "Disney bubble" and I agree that there really isn't anything that compares. Being immersed in that world is the best feeling ever!! Thank you again for your live trip report!! I felt like I was there with you! I want to see your cogsworth next to lumiere! Happy birthday again!!! May Disney keep us all forever young!

I had a great birthday - a few hours in Disney and a plane ride home is better than being at home on my birthday!
And they need to work out how to share ice cream so it doesn't melt but let's face it all ice cream tastes better in Disney so maybe I should just save for there.
And it was good to have you with us, and hopefully Cogsworth and lumiere along with the last of the photos will be sorted later. The IPad ran out of storage but at least that happened when the report was virtually finished.
And what a great summary about Disney keeping us forever young - I think that's what's kept me young, I just wish Walt was here to see what he created.

Longers

Original Poster
I am still having issues updating my final day photos but I have just managed to get this one of lumiere and Cogsworth and thought of you'd like to see them both together.......

Ahhh,,,,,,

image.png

What I would just point out is that Cogsworth is rather noisy as his pendulum knocks on the side to make it work but that doesn't bother us (yet) but you don't notice that in the shop as I guess it's noisier there.

I love him all the same.

Longers

Original Poster
So every year we keep a tally of how many times we ride everything.
We keep the park maps every year too which we tick off every night (that's probably something else that will eventually disappear as we go digital)

We've just worked out the top 5 for this year.

Number 5 is buzz which we did 5 times
Number 4 is Haunted Mansion which we did 6 times
Joint Number 2 was Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Expedition Everest 7 times (remember 5 of EE were us going around and around!)
Number 1 was Toy Story Midway Mania which we did 8 times.

Obviously our additional fast passes given to us by the operations manager at POR helped.

Pirates of the Caribbean is normally on our top lists but we only did this twice after our soaking. This is a shame and I hope that they sort it out unless we were just unlucky at the front on a packed boat?

I wonder what this list will look like next year?

I will continue to try to sort the photos and any video I can at some point over the weekend.

Until then......

DisneyFans4Life

Great report. I'm really happy that you had a great trip, a great birthday and a safe trip back home. Start planning your trip for next year. It'll keep you busy and prevent you from being sad lol.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom