Little Mermaid! Beauty and The Beast! Coming to Fantasyland?!?

speck76

I wish they would diversify the attractions a little bit more.....either that or replace the B&tB and TLM shows at MGM with something else (Aladdin and Cinemagic maybe)

Disney has SO MANY different films to create attractions from, but it seems they are trying to squeeze every last bit of magic from these two films.

I would welcome 2 dark rides in this area, and I don't think having AA's versus cardboard cutouts is really worth the additional costs.....they don't need to spend 2 times as much on the rides when the key audience (kids) are not really going to care anyway.

brentley2

DisneyFan 2000 said:
If this happens no words could describe how happy I would be! Heck, give me just TLM dark ride! :D :sohappy:

I agree completely- I have wanted a TLM ride for EVER!

I would also like to have a Mickey dark ride...that would be the BEST!

jrriddle

Original Poster
speck76 said:
I wish they would diversify the attractions a little bit more.....either that or replace the B&tB and TLM shows at MGM with something else (Aladdin and Cinemagic maybe)

Disney has SO MANY different films to create attractions from, but it seems they are trying to squeeze every last bit of magic from these two films.

I would welcome 2 dark rides in this area, and I don't think having AA's versus cardboard cutouts is really worth the additional costs.....they don't need to spend 2 times as much on the rides when the key audience (kids) are not really going to care anyway.

I totally understand what you are saying. But I still think that if any two movies out of the Disney library deserve really good attractions that could one day become "classic rides" it's these two films (OK maybe Aladin & Lion King as well but I think they might fit better in Adventureland & Animal Kingdom).
I would also think that considering the box office and wide appeal that these films had the audience might be a little larger than just kids, but I agree that would be the key audience.

Legacy

Little Mermaid sounds GREAT... Beauty and the Beast, though an amazing concept, is too much like Tiki Room to be effective in the same park. If that did happen, you would have two (really three) in-the-round animatronic shows. Trust me, I would LOVE to experience the BatB show, but with Tiki two lands over I don't know how effective it would be.

I still want Bald Mountain...

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
It would be too much to hope that anything built in this area would be original that would miss too many merchandising opportunities.

TTATraveler

jrriddle said:
I totally understand what you are saying. But I still think that if any two movies out of the Disney library deserve really good attractions that could one day become "classic rides" it's these two films (OK maybe Aladin & Lion King as well but I think they might fit better in Adventureland & Animal Kingdom).
I would also think that considering the box office and wide appeal that these films had the audience might be a little larger than just kids, but I agree that would be the key audience.

I agree with you but I would also add Pinnochio and Alice in Wonderland. These two rides if they were brought to WDW would more than likely be clones from DL. Both rides are pretty cool and typical dark rides.

I think it would be a neat idea to incorporate sveral movies into 1 ride. Perhaps the ride could be called Mickey's Fairytale Magic and would incorporate say Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio, Beauty and the Beast, and Little Mermaid. Make it a longer ride than the average 2 minute dark ride, Just a thought.

jrriddle

Original Poster
TTATraveler said:
I agree with you but I would also add Pinnochio and Alice in Wonderland. These two rides if they were brought to WDW would more than likely be clones from DL. Both rides are pretty cool and typical dark rides.

I think it would be a neat idea to incorporate sveral movies into 1 ride. Perhaps the ride could be called Mickey's Fairytale Magic and would incorporate say Alice in Wonderland, Pinnochio, Beauty and the Beast, and Little Mermaid. Make it a longer ride than the average 2 minute dark ride, Just a thought.

Oh ya, I forgot about Pinnochio. That would be a great addition to WDW.
I'm not crazy about the Alice Ride at DL. I would almost prefer Alice's Labyrinth from DLP.

The Mickey ride sounds interesting sort of like Fantasmic meets the Storybook Boatride but on a bigger scale.

DopeyFan

I tend to agree with Kevin... I've always felt like Fantasyland could use one or two more attractions -- even low tech -- to give just a few more options in the most magical section of the park.

It would be most welcome on those crowded days.

Shaman

Eh sounds good I guess...but I'm kinda hoping for an E-Ticket...AND and tamer dark ride...then I'd be happy...

Anything is better for that space than a MEET AND GREET!!

:hammer:

Chape19714

objr said:
Eh sounds good I guess...but I'm kinda hoping for an E-Ticket...AND and tamer dark ride...then I'd be happy...

Anything is better for that space than a MEET AND GREET!!

:hammer:
Completely agree with the meet and greet comment! Sounds really good! Either way, it would be good, another idea for Mermaid, instead of the Wet for dry, would be a spinning dark ride similar to IOA's Cat in the Hat. Little Mermaid is such a colorful and whimisical movie, it would fit.

ral8026

I would love to see a Hercules dark ride on an E-ticket level (pegaus pulling a cart or riding in a greek urn through the underworld seeing all the greek gods,ect)So many story lines could be used. :D

mikeymouse

I actually heard a rumor back in the mid 90's that 20k was going to be turned into a Little Mermaid theme, but they were going to keep the lagoon and subs. So I guess for the most part, that was, indeed, a rumor.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom