Little Details...

Goofyernmost

Thank you for that answer. It does make sense, so like I said, I don't know why, but, there might be a good reason or there might not. Unless we were present when the decision was made, we do not know. And it is of little importance unless you spend your days looking at the ground or not waiting for shrubs to grow up around it and hide it completely. Anybody's guess.

I would, however, like to see a copy of the electrical license!;) Just kidding, I believe ya.:)

STITCHGEFAN

Does anyone else notice the small 1 percenters Disney used to do so well now lacking?

A few days ago we went to MK at 8:15 in the morning and the trash cans were overflowing and clearly not emptied overnight. That wouldn't have happened 10 years ago!

Tom

Beta Return
Does anyone else notice the small 1 percenters Disney used to do so well now lacking?

A few days ago we went to MK at 8:15 in the morning and the trash cans were overflowing and clearly not emptied overnight. That wouldn't have happened 10 years ago!

That's insane. I've never seen that. Oops.

Tom

Beta Return
EPCOT probably adopts and amends the National Electric Code.

They can have a junction box embedded in the faux pole, with just the removable face exposed. Or set a small junction/pull box in the ground next to the pole. They do not have to surface mount anything.

Kman

Original Poster
EPCOT probably adopts and amends the National Electric Code.

They can have a junction box embedded in the faux pole, with just the removable face exposed. Or set a small junction/pull box in the ground next to the pole. They do not have to surface mount anything.

Being from Canada I may not be 100% up on my US codes however, as long as a junction box is accessable, it can be "hidden". We have even used, in rare circumstances, a recessed pot light as our access. Technically you can remove the pot light trim and access the ceiling space (in a non-insulated space). Not common but in a pinch will do. That being said I think the above would work.

Kman

Original Poster
Thank you for that answer. It does make sense, so like I said, I don't know why, but, there might be a good reason or there might not. Unless we were present when the decision was made, we do not know. And it is of little importance unless you spend your days looking at the ground or not waiting for shrubs to grow up around it and hide it completely. Anybody's guess.

I would, however, like to see a copy of the electrical license!;) Just kidding, I believe ya.:)

I hear you for sure...understandably it is not really that important in whole scheme of things. It was more a concern that Disney might take the easy way at the expense of maintaining "the show" to save a few bucks. Arguably, as it has been stated in MANY other posts, this is a business that has a responsibility to its shareholders and is there to make a profit PRIMARILY so I guess it makes sense. Sometimes I wonder however when enough is enough concerning profits. I guess as long as we are talking about humans then probably we will never hit the limit. Bit of a double edged sword to be sure.

Now...where is that danged electrical license...;)

Goofyernmost

I hear you for sure...understandably it is not really that important in whole scheme of things. It was more a concern that Disney might take the easy way at the expense of maintaining "the show" to save a few bucks. Arguably, as it has been stated in MANY other posts, this is a business that has a responsibility to its shareholders and is there to make a profit PRIMARILY so I guess it makes sense. Sometimes I wonder however when enough is enough concerning profits. I guess as long as we are talking about humans then probably we will never hit the limit. Bit of a double edged sword to be sure.

Now...where is that danged electrical license...;)
It seems to me that way to much is being made of a utility object that really isn't part of the show, it is there strictly to see the show. It seems to me that the original Disneyland had more then it's share of exposed utilities that, I suspect because it was built by Walt, was never taken into question. It to me is a self determined problem and definition. We are all good at that, you know, seeing something and inventing a reason why it's not up to some imaginary standard.

Hurry and find that license please. I would really like to know whether or not I should be taking your word seriously or not. ;):)

lazyboy97o

It seems to me that way to much is being made of a utility object that really isn't part of the show, it is there strictly to see the show. It seems to me that the original Disneyland had more then it's share of exposed utilities that, I suspect because it was built by Walt, was never taken into question. It to me is a self determined problem and definition. We are all good at that, you know, seeing something and inventing a reason why it's not up to some imaginary standard.

Hurry and find that license please. I would really like to know whether or not I should be taking your word seriously or not. ;):)
Techniques and standards build up. They are not static. Impressive today is the bare minimum tomorrow. The financial constraints and aspirations were also different.

Tom

Beta Return
Being from Canada I may not be 100% up on my US codes however, as long as a junction box is accessable, it can be "hidden". We have even used, in rare circumstances, a recessed pot light as our access. Technically you can remove the pot light trim and access the ceiling space (in a non-insulated space). Not common but in a pinch will do. That being said I think the above would work.

Yeah, that's pretty much how the code reads here as well. A junction box merely has to be accessible. That can mean by removing a ceiling tile, access panel or other "removable" object. Can't bury one behind drywall or anything that requires destruction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom