Lion King on Broadway... Pittsburgh! OMG!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
I may go to a show, I went on Broadway, so maybe not. But other Burghers, what happened to the Pens!?

:( their iceberg melted out from under them.

MOXO, being from Pittsburgh, I know we have a bit of a slang going on. I've heard it called pittsburghese, or yinzer. haha :) Pretty sure Pittsburgh should be its own state since it varies so much from the rest of PA.

I'm hoping to hit up Cleveland this summer (just don't tell my friends) and see the sites.

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
The show was so incredibly good... If ever you get a chance to see it, do it. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! The actors became the characters to the point that you couldn't draw the line between the two. It was fantastic. I would love to see if again :)

Here's a pic of the tank top I created and wore to the show. I had no less than half a dozen people ask me where i got it. It turned out really well!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
Haha, thanks. I wanted it to look worn and faded. The first one I did, it looked too "new" and crisp and I didn't like it.... However my friend does so its hers now. Pic attached.

I would love to see this show again....but my wallet disagrees. :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 27

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
It's stenciled on. I made the stencil from a thick plastic sheet, x-acto bladed it out, meticulously taped down (took almost an hour to fully tape it to shirt) and then gently layered paints over the stencil. There's two shades of red (top) two burnt orange (middle) two pumpkin-toned oranges, and three shades of yellow (bottom) plus a gentle coat of gold and copper over certain parts just for highlights :)

Soarin' Over Pgh

Original Poster
I'm going to make myself a tote bag too. I couldn't bring myself to spend $25 on one at the show. That's just too much for a tote that I'm going to use and abuse. :( So I'm going out tonight to get a plain black one and will make it my own!

I did resign myself to buying a $10 keychain, though. It's solid metal and shiny... I like shiny.

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's stenciled on. I made the stencil from a thick plastic sheet, x-acto bladed it out, meticulously taped down (took almost an hour to fully tape it to shirt) and then gently layered paints over the stencil. There's two shades of red (top) two burnt orange (middle) two pumpkin-toned oranges, and three shades of yellow (bottom) plus a gentle coat of gold and copper over certain parts just for highlights :)
THNX!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOXOMUMD

The show was so incredibly good... If ever you get a chance to see it, do it. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! The actors became the characters to the point that you couldn't draw the line between the two. It was fantastic. I would love to see if again :)

Here's a pic of the tank top I created and wore to the show. I had no less than half a dozen people ask me where i got it. It turned out really well!

Nice!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom