Lion King DVD Available for Preorder at Amazon

MicBat

Anyone know of any special features?? I've heard they have a new musical sequence, "Morning Report," (which imo, they could have picked another song from the broaday musical)...

MKCustodial

Originally posted by MicBat
Anyone know of any special features?? I've heard they have a new musical sequence, "Morning Report," (which imo, they could have picked another song from the broaday musical)...

Are they going to put an extra song in every new special feature? Cause that's gonna get pretty old pretty fast... One thing is to have not included it originally, like in Beauty and the Beast, because of time, and for not knowing if the movie would be a hit or not. Another is to start creating new sequences from scratch just to say it's a never-before-seen version of the movie. Like in B&B, when Eisner says they may include another number from the Bradway show in the future...

MicBat

Originally posted by MKCustodial
Are they going to put an extra song in every new special feature? Cause that's gonna get pretty old pretty fast... One thing is to have not included it originally, like in Beauty and the Beast, because of time, and for not knowing if the movie would be a hit or not. Another is to start creating new sequences from scratch just to say it's a never-before-seen version of the movie. Like in B&B, when Eisner says they may include another number from the Bradway show in the future...

Seeing there's only 2 broadway plays based on movies right now, they probably wont be able to... unless they were to compose another song just from scratch. My only problem with it is the song choice... there are much better songs on the B&B and Lion King broadway soundtracks than "Human Again" and "Morning Report."

They'll probably do what they did to B&B to LK: "Original Verson" and "Special Edition"

Monorail Lime

Originally posted by DisneyJedi
I am hoping the Disney store will have some sort of promo with this, so I am waiting to see what happens. DVD won't be released until October 7th, so surely there will be some great deals.
They almost certainly will. Since this is a big one I'd expect the pre-order to start sometime in the late summer.

Monorail Lime

I got some clarification tonight... Disney Store is set on starting the pre-order 60 days before release like they have done for all the other movies. Amazon, Best Buy, Suncoast and others are already taking pre-orders and some have pretty good promos so it will be interesting to see how many people hold out for tDs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom