Linking tickets purchased by others

redfive13

Original Poster
I have a family reunion coming up in August, 8 days at Bay Lake. I created a MDE account and have all members of the party listed there. We are staying in one 2 BR Villa and I have all the dining reservations completed and showing on my page.I bought tickets for my wife, daughter and myself, linked them up, everything is fine.

My extended families both bought their tickets thru disneyworld.com, got their confirmation emails with confirmation numbers. I Iogged in to MDE to link those to my account (where everything else for them is located) and it says their tickets already linked and prevents me from linking them.

Any thoughts? We need to start booking fast passes tomorrow...

nickys

Premium Member
You say you have them listed. Do you mean as family and friends? Do they have their own MDE accounts?

Each of my family has their own accounts, I set them up, asked them to personalise it, and then sent them an email to link to me. That meant I could do all the planning but if they wanted to, they could do their own planning.

It depends on how each of them was set up. It sounds like they have already linked their tickets to their own MDE profiles.

Go into your MDE. Bring up your family and friends list. Are they all there? I think you can then check if they have tickets linked.

You can also practice making fastpass selections, which would let you check everything is OK. You should be able to select everyone in your party. Make sure you either cancel it or don't save the request.

If in doubt, phone Disney and ask. Good luck.

Rob562

I agree with the above poster. If they bought the tickets on the WDW website, they would have been prompted to assign the tickets to profiles during the checkout process (and creating those profiles if they didn't already have them). So now you're at the point of that family having two "copies" of themselves, one under your account and one under theirs. Presumably all of the other families' profiles are "managed by" profiles under the single account of whoever bought the tickets.

There's a couple ways that you can go about fixing this. (For this example I'm going to call them "Uncle" "Aunt" and "Cousin", where "Uncle" has the account and Aunt and Cousin are "managed by Uncle" profiles)

If all of the members of the other party are at least 13 years old (the minimum age to have your own standalone MDE account), have Aunt and Cousin create their own accounts. Then Uncle goes into his account, and on each of their profiles he fills in the email addresses for them. Once they accept his friend request, their info from his account will carry over to theirs (like their tickets).
Then you can friend request Uncle, Aunt and Cousin individually using their email addresses. Again, once they accept, they'll see the hotel and dining reservations appear on their accounts. You'll still customize their MagicBands, but once the Bands ship they'll be listed under each person's individual account.

Now, if Cousin is younger than 13, it gets a little trickier, but I won't cover that unless it needs to be.

-Rob

Cosmic Commando

@Rob562 since we're already in the neighborhood... :D I might find myself a similar scenario, but with kids and I don't want to ruin my sister-in-law's trip!

Her family is two adults and two kids. They want to stay at Pop, but I told her they can bunk up with us at our campsite if they can't afford Pop. It wouldn't be over the maximum occupancy for the site; we want to keep everything on the up-and-up. My concern is if they get past the 60 day mark on their Pop reservation and already have tickets and fastpasses linked to that version of themselves on MDE, it becomes a real pain if the version of them that MDE sees staying at the campsite isn't the same version that has those entitlements. Tell me it's possible?!?

Rob562

@Rob562 since we're already in the neighborhood... :D I might find myself a similar scenario, but with kids and I don't want to ruin my sister-in-law's trip!

Her family is two adults and two kids. They want to stay at Pop, but I told her they can bunk up with us at our campsite if they can't afford Pop. It wouldn't be over the maximum occupancy for the site; we want to keep everything on the up-and-up. My concern is if they get past the 60 day mark on their Pop reservation and already have tickets and fastpasses linked to that version of themselves on MDE, it becomes a real pain if the version of them that MDE sees staying at the campsite isn't the same version that has those entitlements. Tell me it's possible?!?

If I'm understanding what you've laid out, things will not go smoothly as you have them arranged at the moment. You've got two "copies" of everyone involved. But it's fixable.

Here's what I'd suggest:
-The following presumes that SIL is the "primary" account holder for herself and the rest of her family.

-If you have your campground reservation with SIL's family already listed, remove them from the reservation. Do the same if you have any dining reservations linked to those versions of SIL's family.

-Delete the managed-by-you copies under *your* account of everyone *except* SIL (or whoever the primary person is for SIL's family).

-Become friends with SIL by going into SIL under your account, click Update next to her name and fill in her email address in the "invite to connect" link. Have her accept the friend request. Also make sure that on *her* account she it set to allow people to view her own Friends & Family list.

-Finally, add each of SIL's family members by using the "find through connected guests" function under Add New Guest. Since SIL manages those profiles, she'll have to accept each friend request. When that's done, the version of each of SIL's family members you see in your account are the same ones that SIL controls. If she has to cancel her hotel reservation, you can add them onto your campsite reservation knowing that any tickets, MagicBands, etc linked to their account will work with your reservation.

-Rob

Cosmic Commando

If I'm understanding what you've laid out, things will not go smoothly as you have them arranged at the moment. You've got two "copies" of everyone involved. But it's fixable.

Here's what I'd suggest:
-The following presumes that SIL is the "primary" account holder for herself and the rest of her family.

-If you have your campground reservation with SIL's family already listed, remove them from the reservation. Do the same if you have any dining reservations linked to those versions of SIL's family.

-Delete the managed-by-you copies under *your* account of everyone *except* SIL (or whoever the primary person is for SIL's family).

-Become friends with SIL by going into SIL under your account, click Update next to her name and fill in her email address in the "invite to connect" link. Have her accept the friend request. Also make sure that on *her* account she it set to allow people to view her own Friends & Family list.

-Finally, add each of SIL's family members by using the "find through connected guests" function under Add New Guest. Since SIL manages those profiles, she'll have to accept each friend request. When that's done, the version of each of SIL's family members you see in your account are the same ones that SIL controls. If she has to cancel her hotel reservation, you can add them onto your campsite reservation knowing that any tickets, MagicBands, etc linked to their account will work with your reservation.

-Rob
Thanks! We haven't added them to our reservation yet, just because there's no urgency (the trip is in November). They haven't pulled the trigger quite yet, either, on their own reservation... so there's no copies of them in MDE right now! However we have to do it, we'll do it. I'm just glad I'm not promising things I can't deliver. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom