linking our tickets?

imagination30

Original Poster
I know this is a stupid question , but so be it .. do we have to link our tickets to our account for them to show up on our magic bands when we get to the resort or will the resort put them on there when we check in?

Tom

Beta Return
I know this is a stupid question , but so be it .. do we have to link our tickets to our account for them to show up on our magic bands when we get to the resort or will the resort put them on there when we check in?

If they're part of a MYW package, you need to log into MDE and link your reservation to your account. It will then automatically know that you have tickets.

imagination30

Original Poster
okay I linked our reservation , a couple of days ago.. .. but our reservation , is not a MYP , its just a room with 3 day park hopper tickets added, so I still need to link them then

Tom

Beta Return
okay I linked our reservation , a couple of days ago.. .. but our reservation , is not a MYP , its just a room with 3 day park hopper tickets added, so I still need to link them then

I believe they still treat that as a package, since the tickets are part of your reservation and will activate upon check-in. What kind of reservation number do you have? 12-digit numerical, or 8-digit alphanumeric? Regardless, you'll need to link the reservation to your MDE account.

imagination30

Original Poster
I believe they still treat that as a package, since the tickets are part of your reservation and will activate upon check-in. What kind of reservation number do you have? 12-digit numerical, or 8-digit alphanumeric? Regardless, you'll need to link the reservation to your MDE account.
8 - digit, tom

Tom

Beta Return
fp just came open today.. and our magic bands got orderd, or customized the other day!

Oh, so you linked your reservation a while ago. If FP+ opened up, you're all set. Your tickets will automatically be linked to any Magic Bands linked to your MDE accounts.

Tom

Beta Return
so all ill have to do is link my magic band to my account when I get them and ill be set?

Well, I don't want to ruin your vacation by promising you that will be the case, but that's how it's SUPPOSED to work :)

If you buy standalone tickets, you have to add them to your MDE account manually. But since you booked a package, which includes tickets, linking the reservation number should automatically link the tickets.

imagination30

Original Poster
so should I link them just be safe , than sorry? just have all my bases coverd.. and to is it true that you can ask for a key to word card as well as a back up .. , im asking so ill have all my bases coverd so we have no hiccups...

Tom

Beta Return
so should I link them just be safe , than sorry? just have all my bases coverd.. and to is it true that you can ask for a key to word card as well as a back up .. , im asking so ill have all my bases coverd so we have no hiccups...

You don't have anything to link, since you don't have physical tickets yet. Your tickets are just part of your hotel reservation. With the KttW system, they would just appear on your Key to the World card when you check in. Same goes for the MB.

The only reason you'd have to link tickets to your MDE account would be if you have an AP, or ordered standalone tickets, separate from your hotel reservation.

But again, since MDE is letting you book Fastpass+, it knows you have tickets, so you're good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom