Linking our fastpasses with inlaws?

jewils08

Original Poster
Both my family and my inlaws will be staying on site but we have different reservations. How do we link ourselves together so we can get fastpasses together? We want to be able to ride together. Our fastpass window opens in 2 wks.

Thanks!

Dafid Duck

I'm in the same position. I haven't been to the World in two years, so this is all new to me as well. To make matters worse, I am in charge of all things technological.

What I can tell from 90 days out is, you link everyone together on My Disney Experience. You can make FP+ reservations for the whole group at the same time, but you can't change any one person after the fact. If you want to do different things, you would have to make reservations individually and hopefully get them in the same time block.

I would love to get some help with this as well if anyone has other suggestions.

TheMouseFan

I'm in the same position. I haven't been to the World in two years, so this is all new to me as well. To make matters worse, I am in charge of all things technological.

What I can tell from 90 days out is, you link everyone together on My Disney Experience. You can make FP+ reservations for the whole group at the same time, but you can't change any one person after the fact. If you want to do different things, you would have to make reservations individually and hopefully get them in the same time block.

I would love to get some help with this as well if anyone has other suggestions.
What do you mean you can't change anyone after the fact? If you mean change certain individuals to different rides, then you absolutely can. It is certainly easier to schedule everyone the same to start with, then go to the screen where you can change your FP+ selections and choose change experience or change time. It will then give you the chance to designate which people the change will apply to. It really is very simple once you get the hang of it!

Rob562

For the OP, you want to connect everyone in the group together under the Friends and Family section of My Disney Experience. Presumably you each have your own login with your respective reservations attached, with a sub-profile for each member of the group.

So, go into your profile and send an invite email to the other "master" person. After they accept, use the "add via mutual friend" function to add all of the other people under them. (They will have to do the same for the people under your profile)

Once you're all connected, you can make FP+ choices together as a group. You can also edit individual choices for those who want to branch away from the main group, though as suggested above, make everyone's choices the same as the majority, and then alter the few that need changed. (And its best to use the change function rather than cancel unneeded choices)

-Rob

Dafid Duck

Thank you Rob for the constructive criticism and for straightening out my misunderstanding. Like I said (Mousefan) I, like many others, are new to this and would appreciate any help offered. I have read several posts in these forums where people had difficulty editing groups. Maybe I read bad information. When it comes down to making our choices, I will certainly use the "change" function not the cancel option.

TheMouseFan

Thank you Rob for the constructive criticism and for straightening out my misunderstanding. Like I said (Mousefan) I, like many others, are new to this and would appreciate any help offered. I have read several posts in these forums where people had difficulty editing groups. Maybe I read bad information. When it comes down to making our choices, I will certainly use the "change" function not the cancel option.
I'm sorry if you took my post as criticism. I truly was trying to be helpful!

CAPTAIN HOOK

What I can tell from 90 days out is, you link everyone together on My Disney Experience. You can make FP+ reservations for the whole group at the same time,
Can somebody please clarify this - I thought the FP+ window for onsite guests was 60 days, offsite was 30 days

I'm getting confused

Dafid Duck

Can somebody please clarify this - I thought the FP+ window for onsite guests was 60 days, offsite was 30 days

I'm getting confused

Apparently I'm really messing up this thread. All I was saying is that I am in the neighborhood of 90 days away from our trip. I have only read these forums to get info. I have NOT gotten into the FP+ system and I am hoping to know what I am doing when my window does open up.

I'll let the people who know what they are talking about help the rest of us out now. Sorry for all the confusion.

Last edited:

Rob562

I'm getting confused

Correct. 60 days on-site, 30-days off-site.

And @TheMouseFan is right, if you have tickets as part of a package you don't get any access to the FP+ system until your 60-day Mark.

If you know someone who is an AP holder, see if they're willing to link to you so you can try out making FP+ reservations for them. (That's how I initially got to know the FP+ system)

-Rob

CAPTAIN HOOK

Apparently I'm really messing up this thread. All I was saying is that I am in the neighborhood of 90 days away from our trip.
Now I've read that bit, it makes perfect sense !!!
Don't worry, you're net messing the thread at all. The way I read your post was that you could / you were, able to access FP+ at 90 days out. I'm a newbie to all the wrist bands / FP+ system and it threw me off course

Dafid Duck

Now I've read that bit, it makes perfect sense !!!
Don't worry, you're net messing the thread at all. The way I read your post was that you could / you were, able to access FP+ at 90 days out. I'm a newbie to all the wrist bands / FP+ system and it threw me off course

In moble phone mode, I can't see the countdown in my signature. Apparently, I'm only at 100 days (and I'm still not able to see the FP+ window).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom