1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Linking Credit Card to Magic Band

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by Minnie1986, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Leticia Cuebas

Leticia Cuebas New Member

Ok so I live in Florida so no need in me staying at a Disney hotel, can I still link my credit card to my magic band so I can make purchases that way or no?? Thank you to everyone in advance,,

2. donsullivan

donsullivan Premium Member

You cannot use a MagicBand for purchases at WDW unless you are currently a resort guests with an active 'room charge' account set up. When you add a credit card to your MDE account, the only thing it's used for is to guarantee dining reservations to charge the no-show charge if you do not show up..

3. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

The credit card is not linked to the actual magic band but to the guest's account when they are staying on property. No information is actually on the magic band. They are no different then the card that they used to give you that worked at your room key and tickets, etc, it is just in the shape of a bracelet now.

lilclerk likes this.
  4. DisneyBound2017

DisneyBound2017 Well-Known Member

Has anyone experienced their magic band not working as planned? Did you bring a backup to pay for items in the event the magic band system was down?

5. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

You could just download your bank's app and get alerts of all charges made.

6. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Yes. I had to go back to my room and get cash. Luckily it happened at the resort we were staying at. I don't know what happened to the people in shops, but I spoke with someone who said their dinner was just manually notated to be added to the room charge later.

DisneyBound2017 likes this.
  7. jaklgreen

jaklgreen Well-Known Member

Luckily the magic band has always worked for me. But I always have other forms of payment just in case.

AndrewsJ and DisneyBound2017 like this.
  8. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

I always have a backup in my wallet. I don't go anywhere without my wallet.

jaklgreen likes this.
  9. George

George Liker of Things Premium Member

Duct tape is the way to go. If you link your credit card to your magic band with scotch tape your sweat, etc. will cause the link to wear off.