Lin-Manuel Miranda Pitches Encanto Attraction to Chapek?

HauntedMansionFLA

In World Showcase, there’s an expansion pad between practically every existing country. The only ones that are compromised are the ones where they put the Frozen meet and greet between Mexico and Norway and the one that’s half taken over by Ratatouille between France and Morocco. Realistically, I don’t think they’d ultimately use them all for countries or else it would become super dense. If they wanted to continue to space things evenly, they could easily fit two more (one at World Showplace, one in front of the former barge storage area). After that, they should be judicious about whether they use the pads for countries or attractions, in my opinion.
The African outpost has a plenty big plot of land but moving It’s a small world over there would be better ( in my opinion)

James Alucobond

The African outpost has a plenty big plot of land but moving It’s a small world over there would be better ( in my opinion)
Absurdly unrealistic and probably logistically impossible, but I’ve always wanted Small World attached to a structure in the center of the lagoon styled like some more classical examples of world’s fair architecture (below). I’d rather this structure become the centerpiece for the nighttime show with projection and launch locations on site. Queue entrance at the plaza near Port of Entry. Then put something Tangled where Small World is now.

1651446429000.jpeg

aladdin2007

2 are there, and then one between Germany and Italy (where Brazil would have gone)....the one between Mexico and Norway with the meetngreet can always be changed one day if they wanted, the meetngreet is not permanent as such, same with world showplace....again "some day" if they wanted, but probably never during any of our lifetimes here.... The one between Morocco and France is gone due to Rat.

doctornick

2 are there, and then one between Germany and Italy (where Brazil would have gone)....the one between Mexico and Norway with the meetngreet can always be changed one day if they wanted, the meetngreet is not permanent as such, same with world showplace....again "some day" if they wanted, but probably never during any of our lifetimes here.... The one between Morocco and France is gone due to Rat.

The one between Morocco and France still has the front half which could be used for a mini pavilion or for an attraction for Morocco.

There's also space between Morocco and Japan. And if they were willing to remove Showplace, there's a pad between UK and Canada.

Also, apparently, if the use the one closer to China of the two in that area between China and Japan, it would need to be mostly inside (like Mexico) due to fireworks fallout per insiders. I've imaged that would be a prime spot for an Egyptian themed pavilion in a pyramid like structure.

mattpeto

I can actually see them doing this
I'd rather them utilize the VoLM theater. They are holding that space until 2023 (when new the live action movie comes out) but they could put Encanto show there now and just send the Encanto show somewhere else in the future.

RSoxNo1

For a quick an easily switch...Encanto becomes the next Sing a long at DHS kicking Frozen out and instead of being the "citizens of Arendale" your "Familia of the Encanto"
This is absolutely the type of thing that they should be doing at DHS. I've long been a proponent of Black Box Theaters and/or rides where you can put out productions like this in conjunction with the release of a movie.

Stupido

Dwayne Johnson also said that upgrades are coming to Jungle Cruise based on the movie...
I'm sure plans for that were in motion, but they pivoted to update the scenes of the current JC instead. Honestly I think that was for the best, I think the Rock is too much of a persona, it would be distracting.

Comped

Dwayne Johnson also said that upgrades are coming to Jungle Cruise based on the movie...
Far as I understand it, when the movie was a bit of a dissapointment, they went for just redoing exisiting scenes instead. Saves money and doesn't kill an existing attraction beyond recognition like I heard the redo was going to be.

rustincohle

Was the movie a disappointment? They sure greenlit a sequel quickly.
Think there's a balance there - successful enough (in covid times) to get a sequel and potentially a franchise, but not enough (yet) to redo an attraction. Coco's another example - it won't get a sequel because Pixar generally operate a bit differently, but it was theoretically successful enough for one, but not quite enough to justify reworking the Mexico Pavilion ride like they did for Norway/Frozen.

UNCgolf

Think there's a balance there - successful enough (in covid times) to get a sequel and potentially a franchise, but not enough (yet) to redo an attraction. Coco's another example - it won't get a sequel because Pixar generally operate a bit differently, but it was theoretically successful enough for one, but not quite enough to justify reworking the Mexico Pavilion ride like they did for Norway/Frozen.

My understanding is that that's not the reason they didn't change the Mexico Pavilion ride. They didn't change it because of logistics.

The current queue is tiny, so they would have had to do significant construction work to the exterior and possibly rip up some of the pavilion interior as well to add enough queue space. The FEA change from Maelstrom was a much easier switch.

Comped

As I understand it, the Coco issue has as much to do with Disney wanting the Mexican Government or some other sponsor to pay partially for a pavilion redo, as much as the fact that the ride itself would definitely need a lot more renovation than Malstorm did.

RSoxNo1

I'm sure plans for that were in motion, but they pivoted to update the scenes of the current JC instead. Honestly I think that was for the best, I think the Rock is too much of a persona, it would be distracting.
Things are discussed with every movie Disney puts out there. I'm sure there were discussions about a Nutcracker and the Four Realms attraction at some level as well, but it doesn't mean it had any meaningful chance of happening.

Purduevian

Does anyone mind pointing out where the expansion pads are at Epcot? I know between Norway/China is currently backstage and has trailers and what not, I mean I’m sure they could relocate but. Where would the most likely place be for an expansion?
I think this is all of them:
Behind summer haus, between
China and Germany (Although i think there are pyro issues with if it isn't covered?)
Between Germany and Italy (behind the train display)
Between Japan and Morocco
The front half between Morocco and France
World showplace is also technically "Temporary"

Attachments

• 1651594357891.png
    1651594357891.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 68

aladdin2007

I think this is all of them:
Behind summer haus, between
China and Germany (Although i think there are pyro issues with if it isn't covered?)
Between Germany and Italy (behind the train display)
Between Japan and Morocco
The front half between Morocco and France
World showplace is also technically "Temporary"
just a reminder the plot between China and Germany is 2 plots next to each other. its hard to tell when in the park but thats the layout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom