Life After Pixar

SpongeScott

Which could lead us to believe that Disney was never serious about renewing with Pixar in the first place unless it was a steal. Sad....

wdwmaniac

In addition to Pixar, the Walt Disney Studios has relationships with other emerging animation producing partners including Vanguard Films, currently producing Valiant, and San Francisco-based Complete Pandemonium, producing The Wild in conjunction with CORE Technologies of Toronto.

Walt Disney Feature Animation will release Home on the Range on April 2, featuring songs performed by Tim McGraw, Bonnie Raitt and k.d. lang. Currently in production is Chicken Little, the Studio's first all-CG effort, which is scheduled for release in Summer 2005. For Summer 2006 and beyond, Walt Disney Feature Animation is producing a series of 3D motion pictures: A Day With Wilbur Robinson, based on the beloved William Joyce book; American Dog, directed by Chris Sanders (Lilo and Stitch); Rapunzel Unbraided, directed by legendary Disney animator Glen Keane; and Toy Story 3. These movies are all anticipated to break new ground in CG movie-making. The Studio has an additional 20 animated features in active development".

Seems like Disney did plan ahead. Maybe Eisner did something right for once? Only time will tell.

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by wdwmaniac
In addition to Pixar, the Walt Disney Studios has relationships with other emerging animation producing partners including Vanguard Films, currently producing Valiant, and San Francisco-based Complete Pandemonium, producing The Wild in conjunction with CORE Technologies of Toronto.

Walt Disney Feature Animation will release Home on the Range on April 2, featuring songs performed by Tim McGraw, Bonnie Raitt and k.d. lang. Currently in production is Chicken Little, the Studio's first all-CG effort, which is scheduled for release in Summer 2005. For Summer 2006 and beyond, Walt Disney Feature Animation is producing a series of 3D motion pictures: A Day With Wilbur Robinson, based on the beloved William Joyce book; American Dog, directed by Chris Sanders (Lilo and Stitch); Rapunzel Unbraided, directed by legendary Disney animator Glen Keane; and Toy Story 3. These movies are all anticipated to break new ground in CG movie-making. The Studio has an additional 20 animated features in active development".

Seems like Disney did plan ahead. Maybe Eisner did something right for once? Only time will tell.

atleast they have plans for computer animated movies.

toy story 3 this should be intresting. Since Pixar and disney did such a good job with 1 and 2 it should be intrasting how disney makes it by itself. i hope they don't screw it up.

i'm surprised they chosed to make toystory 3 instead of a monster's inc 2 or a bugs life 2

Shaman

Original Poster
Originally posted by Tahu
I have a feeling that Toy Story 3 isn't going to do well without Pixar.

I don't think they'll have any problems....just as long as the money and the time is there....money being the most important....:animwink:

Goofster

eh, I cringe at the thought of Disney messing up the Toy Story franchise by finally finishing the story without Pixar.

Well, if Disney is trying to scare Pixar back by announcing Toy Story 3, we all know that's not gonna happen. That being said, we can only hope Pixar might opt to get into some final one pitcure deal for Toy Story 3 to finally finish off the story right. If somehow disney could duplicate pixar's animation style, maybe they could pull it off, but definitely not without more music from Randy Newman, the original cast including Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, John Ratzenberger, Joan Cusak, and others (RIP Jim Varney), and not without ending the story by finally putting the toys somewhere they'll never be forgotten and will always be enjoyed by kids, like in a preschool or something.

Ohh well, things are very interesting around here these days, we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

JBSLJames

Originally posted by Goofster
eh, I cringe at the thought of Disney messing up the Toy Story franchise by finally finishing the story without Pixar.

Well, if Disney is trying to scare Pixar back by announcing Toy Story 3, we all know that's not gonna happen. That being said, we can only hope Pixar might opt to get into some final one pitcure deal for Toy Story 3 to finally finish off the story right. If somehow disney could duplicate pixar's animation style, maybe they could pull it off, but definitely not without more music from Randy Newman, the original cast including Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, John Ratzenberger, Joan Cusak, and others (RIP Jim Varney), and not without ending the story by finally putting the toys somewhere they'll never be forgotten and will always be enjoyed by kids, like in a preschool or something.

Ohh well, things are very interesting around here these days, we'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

I aggree. If they are able to get the original cast members involved, I think it will be successful. I had heard that, when Toy Story 2 was initially planned to be 'direct-to-video' that Tom Hanks was not as interested. They need to do it right if they expect box office success.

NowInc

*whistles innocently* And you are all assuming that the ToyStory 3 voiceovers arent already done? :x

Disney hireing outside help is NOTHING new (its part of why they laid off so many)..they closed dreamquest (aka..the secret lab) cuz it was cheaper to get another studio to do the effects for them. And you'd be supried to know how little of disneys "tv" cartoons are actually drawn by disney animators.

As for vanguard, they've been one of the MANY studios helping Dreamworks' animation department for YEEEEEEEARS. (usually uncredited/under credited such as PDI, Rhythem and hues, and others who do the HARD animation are). I know of a few other studios that Disney is eyeballing for future projects.

Woody13

Originally posted by Goofster
...maybe they could pull it off, but definitely not without more music from Randy Newman, the original cast including Tim Allen, Tom Hanks, John Ratzenberger, Joan Cusak, and others (RIP Jim Varney)...

Pixar did not assemble that cast (or any other cast in ANY of the other movies). Can you say Disney? I knew you could!:lol:

bartman454

I think visually that Disney could pull off Toy Story 3 but story wise they hardly have a prayer. I remember when Dinosaur came out at my local theater, for the first 20 minutes up until the meteor attack, people were just ooing and aweing like you would never believe, heck I even heard one person say "This is the best thing I have ever seen", Unfortunately later into the movie you could hear the people cringing at "the love monkey" and the endless babbling on and on. The problem was that their was no solid story.

I truly beleive that if they had at the very least a good solid story, Dinosaur would have been a hit, heck if it had a great story it probably would have broken B.O. records without a problem. What the folks at Disney have to do is find a great story and figure out whether this story needs to be in 2D or 3D animation. And if every great story they had was better to be told with CGI animation I would be just fine with that.:animwink:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom