Liberty Tree Tavern

golenium

I definitely understand about being strapped for cash in college! It's crazy how expensive it gets to go to WDW, especially if you have to fly. Hopefully you don't go too far outside your budget, we generally are able to stay within our's. I assume for 2 of us that we'll spend about $100 a day on food/souvenirs, it generally works out to about that for us. One thing that helps is now the prices for park tickets only goes up a few dollars a day past the 4th day, too bad hotels don't do the same thing :fork:

ruca

I am a law student, so I know where you are coming from. If I were you, I would go to the lunch. As fun as a character meal can be, if you are simply wanting a nice meal for a decent price, the lunch menu items is really good. As much as I LOVE Thanksgiving, it's nice to have the option to choose what you eat. Because its only about half the price, that leaves you money for another nice meal, or whatever else you might like.

dxwwf3

ruca said:
I am a law student, so I know where you are coming from. If I were you, I would go to the lunch. As fun as a character meal can be, if you are simply wanting a nice meal for a decent price, the lunch menu items is really good. As much as I LOVE Thanksgiving, it's nice to have the option to choose what you eat. Because its only about half the price, that leaves you money for another nice meal, or whatever else you might like.

Exactly. When I go to WDW, I want to have good meals and I, unlike some others, think that, even in the parks, WDW has some of the best food I've ever experienced. Some people only like to eat at the resorts and I'm sure that is fantastic. But there are too many fantastic places in the parks, I really haven't had a chance to try many resort restaurants.

Laura

Premium Member
11.5% is the sales tax on hotels, not on the food. I always multiply by 1.065 to figure out the tax on food. Looking at it now, my $62 estimate was wrong. I obviously was too quick with the calculator. :lol: Looks like your total will be more like $70 depending on what you tip. So I guess you were closer to right than I was!

tigsmom

Food can get to be expensive (there are 4 of us). What we do is usually just eat one big meal/day. Dinner at the LTT would be it. Small breakfast in the morning and a snack or hot dog for lunch and then the big meal. We work it the other way if our big meal is breakfast.

With the portions they give at most places there is no way we could eat three big meals and still be able to function.

dxwwf3

tigsmom said:
Food can get to be expensive (there are 4 of us). What we do is usually just eat one big meal/day. Dinner at the LTT would be it. Small breakfast in the morning and a snack or hot dog for lunch and then the big meal. We work it the other way if our big meal is breakfast.

We do it almost the exact same way. Small breakfast, huge lunch, a snacks for dinner. Lunch usually tends to be much less expensive at the full service resturants. Another positive to this is that most of the time we will be eating our big big meal during the heat of the day and the part of the day where rain is most likely to occur. I can't even remember how many times we have been eating inside during the only storm of the day.

mrtoad

dxwwf3 said:
Go at lunch.

Get the Pilgrim's Feast

Ask for Rolls

Enjoy the best meal at the Magic Kingdom :)

I agree, lunch is better as it is not a fixed menu. If you want characters though, you need to go at dinner. It is the best place to get a meal at the MK though I don't usually get the Pilgrim's Feast. I usually get the New England Pot Roast. :slurp:

For the bread the honey butter is awesome.

On top of the meal, the place itself is worth going for. Very nicely done.

Lunch will not cost as much as you listed either. Go to allearsnet.com and look at the menu.

By the way, we never, ever miss eating there. I have been going since I was a kid in the 70s.

dxwwf3

mrtoad said:
By the way, we never, ever miss eating there. I have been going since I was a kid in the 70s.

We haven't either. And we won't until they turn the lunch into a character buffet. Then we'll either have to go to Epcot for lunch or grab a burger at the MK.

mrtoad

For us the characters work as my daughter loves them. I just wish the menu was not a set menu during the character meal. At Ekershus in Norway during the character meal you still order off a menu which is nice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom