Liberty Tree Tavern

Lefty

Original Poster
My girlfriend and I are both twenty years old...I know I've rehashed this question many times, but I don't want to make a monetary mistake.

Is it really worth the 75 dollars that it will end up costing us? I mean, is it really enjoyable?

Thanks!

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
My wife and I eat there for dinner every year. We wouldn't miss it. One of the best times we have dinning each year. Between the good food, and very "happy" atmosphere, you can't go wrong.

We really enjoy having the characters there and watching all the other people interact with them. To see some of the children light up, its worth every penny to sit there and people watch.

We always go during the MNSSHP in October, so we get the added bonus that everone (including the characters) have Halloween costumes on.

If you've ever done any other character dining, then for my money, this is one of the best. The food is a home cooked style, all you can eat. We like it.

If this is the type of fun and food you're looking for, go for it. Like I said, we go every year, and will be going back again this October, and I will be reserving a seat the very first day I can.

We never miss it.

Have fun!

ZapperZ

dxwwf3 said:
Go at lunch.

Get the Pilgrim's Feast

Ask for Rolls

Enjoy the best meal at the Magic Kingdom :)

However, unless I'm mistaken, the lunch isn't a character dinning, no?

So if one wants the "fun" that goes with the meal, then the dinner is something I highly recommend. The food is OK, but it's the characters that made it so much more enjoyable.

Zz.

tigsmom

ZapperZ said:
However, unless I'm mistaken, the lunch isn't a character dinning, no?

So if one wants the "fun" that goes with the meal, then the dinner is something I highly recommend. The food is OK, but it's the characters that made it so much more enjoyable.

Zz.

Right, no characters at lunchtime. We have eaten both lunch and dinner there (2 40 somethings and a 17 7/0 & 11 y/o ) a few times...enjoyed them both. Given my choice I would take the character dinner. Why? The food is good and there is plenty of it (really can get your money's worth) and the characters in Colonial garb...you just don't see that anywhere else. The place is quite large but you don't really end up waiting too long for the food or characters. Its become a "must do" for us. :wave:

dxwwf3

If a Pilgrim's Feast (at lunch) isn't enough food for you, you are hurtin' :lol:

I'm 6'3", 260 and 21 years old and it was more than enough for me (As long as you get the GREAT rolls too that you have to ask for).

We have no little children in our group anymore, so we have no need or desire to go to a character meal. Really that's what you are paying for when they almost double the prices. If Disney makes the Liberty Tree a character dining experience for dinner AND lunch, I'll complain at City Hall every day I walk in that gate :lol:

tigsmom

dxwwf3 said:
If a Pilgrim's Feast (at lunch) isn't enough food for you, you are hurtin' :lol:

I'm 6'3", 260 and 21 years old and it was more than enough for me (As long as you get the GREAT rolls too that you have to ask for).

We have no little children in our group anymore, so we have no need or desire to go to a character meal. Really that's what you are paying for when they almost double the prices. If Disney makes the Liberty Tree a character dining experience for dinner AND lunch, I'll complain at City Hall every day I walk in that gate :lol:

Us big kids like the characters too! :lookaroun

dxwwf3

tigsmom said:
Us big kids like the characters too! :lookaroun

Have at 'em :lol:

These big kids could care less though. And as long as there is at least that one real dining option without paying so much extra for the characters, everything will be a-ok.

ZapperZ

dxwwf3 said:

We have no little children too, and we always go for at least one character meal on every trip. I had my birthday dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern during the first week of this past January and it was A LOT of fun. Dale even tried to steal my birthday cake!

In the right setting, the characters add a lot of charm and joyfullness to the dining experience, and at the Liberty Tree Tavern, that is what they accomplish - children or no children.

Zz.

BRER STITCH

Try not to think of everything at WDW in terms of "value" or you will go nuts!

Very little at WDW is a "good value" if you are comparing it to prices you would pay for the same stuff at home. However, to expereince new things at WDW, there is a price to pay. Always include meals in your TOTAL vacation budget ahead of time so you are not thinking of the "cost" while you are eating! :lol: Hopefully that makes sense! Your meals become part of the TOTAL Disney vacation - not an additional expense!

That said...LIBERTY TREE is - BY FAR - the best food you can get at a character meal at WDW! It is one of our favorite palces to eat! It is a dining EXPERIENCE that is worth every penny! Be sure to save room for the included dessert! It's AWESOME! :slurp:

Besides, the Colonial Costumes on the characters make for some great photos no matter what you ages or interests!

GO AND ENJOY!!!

:sohappy: :wave: :sohappy:

golenium

It most certainly is worth the money! The characters, in my experience, have been quite humorous and will interact with you more than anywhere I've seen around the parks and for longer than you'd expect. I really enjoy all the home cooking they give you, nothing there is 5 star restaurant quality, it's comfort food that we all love now and again. I highly recommend it because of the at home feeling you get and the entertainment. Plus the birch beer rocks!

FrumiousBoojum

I got fondled by Goofy there once. No joke... It's just like that tigger incident from not too long ago (except I'm not female).

Other than that... Go. It'll be a good time period. I'm not into the character meals, but that's one I don't miss. And I'm quite in love with the strawberry vinagrette dressing. :)

Have prices rose a lot recently? I don't think it was $75 for 2 people last time I went... probably more around $45 (haven't been to the tavern since 2002, so I may be remembering wrong).

Laura

Premium Member
Lefty said:
My girlfriend and I are both twenty years old...I know I've rehashed this question many times, but I don't want to make a monetary mistake.

Is it really worth the 75 dollars that it will end up costing us? I mean, is it really enjoyable?

Thanks!

First of all, how will it be $75 for 2 people? Even if you tip 20% it should only be about $62.

Second of all, how important are characters to you? You could cut your cost in half just by going at lunch time and skipping the characters.

Is it worth the money? Absolutely. One of the best in WDW. I'm personally happy just going for lunch though, I only go for dinner if my kids are really wanting to see the characters.

ZapperZ

FrumiousBoojum said:
I got fondled by Goofy there once. No joke... It's just like that tigger incident from not too long ago (except I'm not female).

Drat!

I've had dinner there 3 times already, and not ONCE was I ever fondled by Goofy (or Pluto, or Minnie, or Chip 'n Dale). I want my money back!

:)

Zz.

Lefty

Original Poster
Laura22 said:
First of all, how will it be $75 for 2 people? Even if you tip 20% it should only be about $62.

Second of all, how important are characters to you? You could cut your cost in half just by going at lunch time and skipping the characters.

Is it worth the money? Absolutely. One of the best in WDW. I'm personally happy just going for lunch though, I only go for dinner if my kids are really wanting to see the characters.

27.99 per person (~56)
11.5 percent tax + 18 percent gratuity (29.5%)

56 X 29% = 16.24

56 + 16.24 = 72.24

So a little less than 75 for two people, including tax and gratuity. It's harsh.

golenium

Lefty said:
27.99 per person (~56)
11.5 percent tax + 18 percent gratuity (29.5%)

56 X 29% = 16.24

56 + 16.24 = 72.24

So a little less than 75 for two people, including tax and gratuity. It's harsh.

I could have sworn sales tax in Florida is 6%, so it'll come out to more like $70. Honestly, you're going to pay through the nose no matter what you do if you want a sit down experience with characters. If you really want to be worrying about how much cash you want to spend, WDW isn't the place to be doing it. The best way to save is just have counter service the whole time, which isn't really all that bad for college students who only eat Ramen noodles and mac and cheese. :D

Lefty

Original Poster
golenium said:
I could have sworn sales tax in Florida is 6%, so it'll come out to more like $70. Honestly, you're going to pay through the nose no matter what you do if you want a sit down experience with characters. If you really want to be worrying about how much cash you want to spend, WDW isn't the place to be doing it. The best way to save is just have counter service the whole time, which isn't really all that bad for college students who only eat Ramen noodles and mac and cheese. :D

Well sales tax differs in different counties, but generally ya--it's 'around' 6% in Florida.

However, Disney World has an insane 11.5 percent sales tax...Yep, it's that high.

And by the way, I'm dropping over a grand on this trip, so I'm obviously not 'that' worried about what I spend. But I did make a very detailed budget, and I'm trying to figure out how to get the best bang for my buck. Ya know?

golenium

Lefty said:
Well sales tax differs in different counties, but generally ya--it's 'around' 6% in Florida.

However, Disney World has an insane 11.5 percent sales tax...Yep, it's that high.

And by the way, I'm dropping over a grand on this trip, so I'm obviously not 'that' worried about what I spend. But I did make a very detailed budget, and I'm trying to figure out how to get the best bang for my buck. Ya know?

I found this on mousesavers.com

Most of Walt Disney World is in Orange County, where the sales tax rate is 6.5% and the hotel tax rate works out to 11.5% (6.5% sales tax + 5% resort tax). However, Disney's All Star Resorts are in Osceola County, where the sales tax rate is 7% and the resort tax is 6%, so the hotel tax rate at those three hotels is 13%.

From reading that, I'd assume that 11.5% is only for hotels, not food! Also, I think I would have noticed something like that before and gone berserk!

Lefty

Original Poster
golenium said:
I found this on mousesavers.com

Most of Walt Disney World is in Orange County, where the sales tax rate is 6.5% and the hotel tax rate works out to 11.5% (6.5% sales tax + 5% resort tax). However, Disney's All Star Resorts are in Osceola County, where the sales tax rate is 7% and the resort tax is 6%, so the hotel tax rate at those three hotels is 13%.

From reading that, I'd assume that 11.5% is only for hotels, not food! Also, I think I would have noticed something like that before and gone berserk!

I'll have to look into that. Thanks for pointing it out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom