Liberty Tree Tavern Lunch moves to family buffet style?

andilubio

What? no way! we have been going for yeard to LTT and I always had the pilgrims feast... I am very disapointed about this. Might just have to cancel my ADR now...

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Ate at LLT for lunch the day after Thanksgiving.

1. It's not a buffet
2. There's is an all you can eat option...salad, Turkey, steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, Mac & cheese, dessert (apple cake, quite delicious) and a beverage
3. There are entrees. Adult entrees don't include pot roast.
4. Kids menu includes pot roast...you can order off it. Just ask your server They know that folks are disappointed with the menu change and happily accommodate.

In fact, our server was fantastic! She even asked if we wanted the adult or kid's portion of the pot roast. I foolishly said "adult"....and received a portion that would have satisfied two people. My daughter got the all you can eat and asked if she could sub the ooey gooey for the Apple cake. Our server said no problem. But I told our server I'd share my dessert with my daughter since I was going to eat some of the salad, so we ended up with two very large desserts AND a big bowl of ice cream.

Needless to say, our server got a very large tip from me.

So, just ask I'm sure they will try to accommodate your request. Yes, they might say no, but if you don't ask, they can't say Yes.....that's my philosophy. Just be nice about it, not demanding, i.e., don't be THAT Disney guest (we've all seen them).

It was a great meal, awesome pot roast (had to admit, better than my mom's and she made amazing pot roast), and I was still stuffed at breakfast the next day!

Tuvalu

Ate at LLT for lunch the day after Thanksgiving.

1. It's not a buffet
2. There's is an all you can eat option...salad, Turkey, steak, mashed potatoes, green beans, Mac & cheese, dessert (apple cake, quite delicious) and a beverage
3. There are entrees. Adult entrees don't include pot roast.
4. Kids menu includes pot roast...you can order off it. Just ask your server They know that folks are disappointed with the menu change and happily accommodate.

In fact, our server was fantastic! She even asked if we wanted the adult or kid's portion of the pot roast. I foolishly said "adult"....and received a portion that would have satisfied two people. My daughter got the all you can eat and asked if she could sub the ooey gooey for the Apple cake. Our server said no problem. But I told our server I'd share my dessert with my daughter since I was going to eat some of the salad, so we ended up with two very large desserts AND a big bowl of ice cream.

Needless to say, our server got a very large tip from me.

So, just ask I'm sure they will try to accommodate your request. Yes, they might say no, but if you don't ask, they can't say Yes.....that's my philosophy. Just be nice about it, not demanding, i.e., don't be THAT Disney guest (we've all seen them).

It was a great meal, awesome pot roast (had to admit, better than my mom's and she made amazing pot roast), and I was still stuffed at breakfast the next day!
Plan to try your suggestions on Saturday, thanks.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Plan to try your suggestions on Saturday, thanks.

Just make sure if asked if you want an adult sized plate of pot roast, to say no, unless you want to share with Mr. Tuvalu. The kid size one of our party ordered was more than enough for an adult.

Enjoy!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I went the day before Thanksgiving with my husband, my sister, and niece. It was a decent meal, the stuffing tasted more like Stove Top than we had remembered which is okay. The meat was really good though the pork was my favorite. We asked our server if we could have the Ooey Gooey cake instead of the apple for just hubby and I, my sister and her daughter wanted the apple and he said it wasn't a problem. I was expecting just one Ooey Gooey for us to share, instead he brought two full portions. I also expected an up charge for the Ooey Gooey but we weren't charged any extra, that was a pleasant surprise.

stillgoofy

I'll be anxious to hear if they'll allow you to sub the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake for dessert with the all-you-can-eat lunch. I love the Colonial salad, but not with salmon. My other choices were either fish and chips or pot roast, which aren't options anymore. Not sure we'll be keeping our lunch ADR for Dec 12☹️
Just ate there a few weeks ago and didn't know about the menu change until we got there. I was able to substitute chicken for salmon on the colony salad. But still very disappointed in the change since we had planned on splitting the big pot roast meal and sharing toffee cake. Didn't get either, had sub-par service that day and felt like we wasted money for something we really didn't want. Probably won't be going back there.

Tuvalu

Just finished lunch. Though not officially listed on the menu, the Pilgrim's Feast remains an option. :)

IMG_4644.JPG

IMG_4646.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom