1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's save Innoventions! (Upcoming project announcement and planning thread.)

Discussion in 'Imagineer' started by Cheekylittlerobot, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Do you think you believe in this idea and want to help?

This poll will close on Jan 30, 2018 at 8:45 PM.
  1. Yes!

30.0%
  2. I support this but can't help right now.

30.0%
  3. No.

40.0%
  1. Cheekylittlerobot

Cheekylittlerobot New Member

Please note, this is a planning thread and is under construction! There are some mistakes I will get around to fixing them soon! This is for announcing my idea and to give people a general idea. The final project will be neater and better explained! Thank you.

Ok, so we pretty much all know that Innoventions is on it's last leg. There are only two exhibits and the whole place is just sad. For the longest time, I didn't even know Innoventions was a thing! (I went into the building for maybe one minute, only saw construction stuff and blockades on the sides of the hallways and just assumed it was supposed to be closed! ) However, I had been doing some Disney researching and I found out about what a great attraction it used to be.

Here's my idea: I would like to start a petition to save Innoventions, but not JUST a petition, but also an email showcasing a huge group idea to help fix Innoventions.

What I'm doing:

I want to show Disney that Innoventions DOES have potential! I think they have just given up on it because they don't know how to make it interesting for people and how to keep it relevant. I have several ideas on what they could do to make it fun for all ages and how to make it a bit more lasting. However, I will need help finding some good diagrams of both sides of Innoventions. (I found one but any other ones would help me make it look more professional.) I am working on my concept idea right now, and I will post them once they are completed. Any and all critiques and suggestions will be more than welcome.

What you can do:
    This is meant to show people that lot's of people really care about the current state of not just Innoventions, but Epcot as a whole! I think if Disney sees just how many people care, they might just make a change a listen to us! I want YOUR ideas! Anything realating to Future World is fair game.

The whole reason why I think having both a petition and a short letter with all of our suggestions is a good idea is because not only does it show we care, but it shows what we WANT to see and the potential it has! Hopefully, if there is any interest in this, we will be able to start soon. PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT IDEAS RIGHT NOW, IT IS STILL IN THE PLANNING PHASE. Thank you.

We can do this!;)

kmbmw777 and spacemt354 like this.
  2. s8film40

s8film40 Well-Known Member

Nice idea, but his sort of thing hasn't saved the countless other great attractions Disney has ripped out.

kmbmw777, S.P.E.W, AceAstro and 2 others like this.
  3. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Active Member

I am a big fan of innoventions, it is one of my favorite epcot pavilions of all time, but it's time for it to go. And besides if rumors are true, the new small buildings in the upcoming future world are popular innoventions spaces reborn.

kmbmw777, S.P.E.W and AceAstro like this.
  4. marni1971

marni1971 WDW History nut Premium Member

One of the plans has no replacements save for shopping and fast food.

kmbmw777 likes this.
  5. Cheekylittlerobot

Cheekylittlerobot New Member Original Poster

In response to you both, I heard that they might indeed just put more shops there. I'm not sure if I phrased my original post correctly or not, but I DO want the pavilion reborn. I am currently working on a design and very detailed desc. of a remodeled version of Innoventions. The whole point of this is to tell Disney how it could be interesting and that people want to see a FIXED Innoventions.

6. TwilightZone

TwilightZone Active Member

A little disappointing, but hey if they reuse props then maybe dreamfinder's ship can live on if Disney ultimately decides to make the next imagination just figment.
    It's a good goal, but ultimately one that will never happen. Disney wants to kill of any sponsors they have so they can 100% control. Which isn't a bad thing. We can finally have a less meh themed test track!

kmbmw777 likes this.
  7. Cheekylittlerobot

Ok so, I'm not quite sure how to say this, but...

I'm looking for people to help me with this and share ideas. So, if you are going to say "it's never going to work", that's not very helpful and is opposite of the whole point. Please don't take this the wrong way! I do want constructive criticism on my idea once I finish them! It's just that I'm just a kid who wants to save something I think is cool, and could be good if an effort was put into it. All I really want is people who have ideas, even small ones. Even if Disney never even READS the finished email and our suggestions, It's still fun to put out creative ideas together.

Side note: All of what I have in mind is really hard to explain in a short manner, but I will say that I don't want Disney to simply just put more random exhibits there just to fill Innoventions, I want to make it a more major attraction that people look forward to each visit to Epcot. Which means: NO MORE SPONSORED STUFF! (maybe one sponsor for the whole attraction but that's it.)

S.P.E.W, kmbmw777 and spacemt354 like this.
  8. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

First off - welcome to the imagineer forum! If you have an idea for how to fix Innoventions, I think it would be more fun to just talk about it here and possible build up an actual proposal with people around the forum. I doubt Disney takes suggestions via e-mail so it might just be easier to submit your ideas here. :)

In a competition last year we transformed Innoventions into the New Horizons Pavilion - a bit of blue sky, but might be something you'd like.

S.P.E.W likes this.
  9. Cheekylittlerobot

What would be the best way to give them a suggestion and a petition?

10. spacemt354

spacemt354 Chili's

I don't have the answer to that. What I'm saying is if you have an idea, why not post it here?

S.P.E.W likes this.
  11. Cheekylittlerobot

Just read that Disney won't take people idea for legal reasons so nevermind. I might still post it here, but I don't really see the point now. :cry::(:in pain:

S.P.E.W likes this.
  12. s8film40

s8film40 Well-Known Member

Well I hope you don't take what I said the wrong way. I totally get what you want to do, because I've been there. I wanted to save Horizons, I made buttons to try to campaign to save the Adventurers club and I've participated in these type of efforts for countless other great attractions now replaced by mediocre things that the Disney company deemed were more important. All I can say is from my experience if you want to do something productive take the time we have to document what's there. The only thing you're going to save is the memory of what it was. Take a look at the Horizons Resurrected project. In order to accomplish that information is needed, photos of things that most people wouldn't normally photograph, video walkthroughs etc.

TwilightZone and S.P.E.W like this.
  13. DisneyForever

DisneyForever Active Member