Let's petition to re-release Beauty and the Beast on DVD and/or Blue-ray!

Animaniac93-98

It'll probably be re-relased sometime before the end of 2017. These Platinum/Diamond titles have a fairly strict schedule of re-issues.

existentialelf

Original Poster
Yeah I just closed it. You're right. I'm just not very patient haha. And I emailed Disney and they said they don't have a re-release scheduled at the moment.

Sped2424

Yeah I just closed it. You're right. I'm just not very patient haha. And I emailed Disney and they said they don't have a re-release scheduled at the moment.
The live action film comes out in 2017. Something tells me between then and now a BATB re release will happen.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
I ordered the UK version on Blu-ray a couple weeks ago. Don't bother with the American Diamond Edition because it's way too overpriced online.

mavlax20

It was released on Diamond Edition in 2010. Not sure they will release it again until the next group of their classics is released. They didn't re-release Cinderella when the live action movie came out, however it is still available and not in the vault. BatB was put in the vault in 2012...so honestly, I don't see something happening soon. But then again, the last Platinum Edition was released in Spring 2009 and the first Diamond Edition was released in Fall 2009, so anything is possible. What will they call the new editions though?

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
It was released on Diamond Edition in 2010. Not sure they will release it again until the next group of their classics is released. They didn't re-release Cinderella when the live action movie came out, however it is still available and not in the vault. BatB was put in the vault in 2012...so honestly, I don't see something happening soon. But then again, the last Platinum Edition was released in Spring 2009 and the first Diamond Edition was released in Fall 2009, so anything is possible. What will they call the new editions though?
There was a rumor that the next series would be called the Ultra collection and feature 4K Blu-ray discs. Nothing's come out of said rumor, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom