Pre-Trip Let's do a split stay! It's like 2 trips in 1!!

Hi and welcome to my first EVER attempt at any kind of trip report! We're WAAAYYYY off from our June 2018 10 day extravaganza, but we're still super excited and already in the early planning stages.

Cast of Characters:
Me: Lifelong Disney fanatic and frequent visitor to the World. I first visited WDW way back in 1978 and visited with my family annually until I was 16. I didn't go again until I was 31 and have been going every year to year and a half ever since. Our last visit was in December 2016.

DH: Recent converted fan to all things Disney. He visited once when he was 13 but didn't go again until we were married and now he loves it as much as I do.

DD (1) and (2): TWINS! YEAH! Just turned 7 and ask almost every day about our next trip. Their first trip was when they were 15 months old and the rest is history! They love Sorcerer Radio and Lou Mongello!!

BFF FAMILY OF 6: Mom, dad, and 4 kids aged 16 down to 7. Seriously the best neighbors and friends you could ever ask for. We spend ALOT of time together and always have the best time. They traveled with us on a fantastic trip in April 2016 and before we left for home we were already plotting our next trip! We will be celebrating their DS's high school graduation and DH's (lover of all things Maui) military retirement!

WHEN: June 2018 on the dining plan with our dates to be determined based on graduation dates, parties, and such!

WHERE: Initially, we were all for a 10 day stay at the Beach Club. We've never stayed there before and we fell in love with the resort after having dinner there back in December. BUT, we also LOOOVVVEEEE the Poly. That's where we stayed with the BFFs in April 2016 and it just feels like home. We love the theme, the food, the location, the pools, the smells, the sounds. We just love it!!! So, what should we do? A split stay, of course!!! So, the plan is to spend our first 5 nights at the Beach Club in a Garden Room and then the next 5 nights at the Poly in a Standard View room and requesting the Samoa longhouse which we love! 2 vacations in 1!!!!

DINING: Plotting and planning the dining on this trip will be a little different since we're doing a split stay but as it stands now we're planning:

Night 1: Disney Springs- pre-dinner drinks and apps at The Boathouse
Dinner: The Edison or Raglan Road
Night 2: Dinner at Beaches and Cream-pay OOP since it's not a good use of a TS credit
Night 3: Lunch or Dinner at Via Napoli
Night 4: Early HDDR
Night 5: Tratorria al Forna Prince and Princess breakfast
Night 6: Dinner at O'hana
Night 7: Parents night out!!! Dinner at Narcossee
Night 8: Late lunch or dinner at Tusker House- We're anxiously awaiting the opening of Pandora to see what QS options they'll be offering!!
Night 9: Dinner at Splittsville with bowling!
Night 10: Disney Springs- So many new QS options to try that we'll likely just fly by the seat of our pants!

That's it for now folks! I'm not sure I will ever get around to doing an actual trip report since I haven't before. I'm not organized or savvy enough to include pics and such! Maybe I'll do a quick little recap to let ya know how the split stay went, though! Thoughts and opinions welcomed as always! Have a magical day!!

Courtney6682

Sounds like so much fun! ALMOST makes me wish my husband and I weren't anti-social :p

In all seriousness it sounds like you all will have an amazing time! For parents night out will the kids go to a kids club?

The BC is on my bucket list!

meganwdw

Original Poster
Sounds like so much fun! ALMOST makes me wish my husband and I weren't anti-social :p

In all seriousness it sounds like you all will have an amazing time! For parents night out will the kids go to a kids club?

The BC is on my bucket list!
We sent our girls to Lilo's Playhouse when we were there in April and they had a great time but might join forces with our friends and use Kids Nite Out in room sitting services so the kids can watch a movie on the lawn or relax in the room. We'll probably end up going with whichever ends up being cheaper!!

Courtney6682

We sent our girls to Lilo's Playhouse when we were there in April and they had a great time but might join forces with our friends and use Kids Nite Out in room sitting services so the kids can watch a movie on the lawn or relax in the room. We'll probably end up going with whichever ends up being cheaper!!

Awesome! We use Lilo's a few times per trip( my 10 yr old step daughter begs to go every night) as well as the Sandcastle club at BC. That might be easier for you guys to get to if you decide against KNO. If you do use KNO let me know how it goes!

Last edited:

amjt660

Premium Member
Following along

We did a two family vacation in 2005 at Disneyland to celebrate the 50th with our neighbors.

Nothing like walking up to a CM at a ride and saying party of 9!!!!

Max

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom