Let the Magic Shine: DLP's 30th Anniversary

LondonTom

As far as we know, no. However, when Ignite the Dream returned to Shanghai in 2020, several sections were cut without being replaced. Here's to hoping for several cuts (looking at you, Frozen section) and new scenes for Disney Illuminations 30!
As much as we could do with the abridged notes of the Frozen movie being removed, I think thats one part that we can guarantee will be staying for a while 😂

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Wrong answer, at WDW you are the magic, at DLP, you are not.
To which DLP says, "The world is filled with light (Un monde qui s'illumine*) around here!" 😉

*The 30th anniversary theme song. And yeah yeah, I know that's not the literal translation...

As much as we could do with the abridged notes of the Frozen movie being removed, I think thats one part that we can guarantee will be staying for a while 😂
At least update it to Frozen II. The drones would be used to their full potential during the "Into the Unknown" sequence.

14faa374ed66903a2b4326f2686efa9b.gif

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I think its just a little long (5 minutes of a 20 minute show feels alot) and there is a lot of Frozen representation at DLP 😂👀 ). Plus it being entirely in French 😂 (not that we don't all know the words)
Trust me, I’m not a huge fan of the source ! I just felt it worked well and was visually impressive.

since it’s the finale of the main show segment it makes you think should a 30th piece have gone here.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Trust me, I’m not a huge fan of the source ! I just felt it worked well and was visually impressive.

since it’s the finale of the main show segment it makes you think should a 30th piece have gone here.

Something for the 30th would seem appropriate for the finale. Seems like a missed opportunity.

Sir_Cliff

At least Paris is making a point of celebrating it with more than banal merchandise. Wait for April 12 and compare to October 1.

And let’s not mention the fireworks that premiered on the anniversary that makes no reference to the anniversary (snigger)
This is my thought on the celebration whether technically WDW offers more (which it should, given its size).

They just seem to put more thought into things at Disneyland Paris. Everything about the WDW celebration from the golden statues to Enchantment and "You are the Magic!" just seemed so lazy and phoned in. Whether it works or not, with things like the Gardens of Wonder they seem to at least be trying to put some artistry into things rather than just shrugging and installing a random bunch of gold statues that don't even add up to 50 because they decided to double up on characters here and there.

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The 30th Anniversary Cast Experience has opened, featuring new teasers for the celebration.

A spinning "Cinderella" mobile for the Gardens of Wonder:

Our first glimpse for "Disney D-Lights" (mostly just the opening narration):

A performance of "Un monde qui s'illumine" with choreography:

And for those planning to sing along on March 6, here are the lyrics:

TTA94

The 30th Anniversary Cast Experience has opened, featuring new teasers for the celebration.

A spinning "Cinderella" mobile for the Gardens of Wonder:

Our first glimpse for "Disney D-Lights" (mostly just the opening narration):

A performance of "Un monde qui s'illumine" with choreography:

And for those planning to sing along on March 6, here are the lyrics:

Not a bad song but I think I prefer Shanghai’s Light Inside You. To bad they didn’t go with a version of that or re use that song in some way. At least I assume that isn’t the plan unless they replace Disney Illuminations down the road.

montydysquith-navarro

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Not a bad song but I think I prefer Shanghai’s Light Inside You. To bad they didn’t go with a version of that or re use that song in some way. At least I assume that isn’t the plan unless they replace Disney Illuminations down the road.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Paris, for all the songs that they've borrowed from other parks' music libraries, has used a pre-existing anniversary song for one of their own anniversaries. Brand New Day from Tokyo's 35th was probably a special case to celebrate the resort's second reopening (the first reopening had its own song), but Paris' anniversaries always had a specially-composed song for the celebration:

TTA94

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Paris, for all the songs that they've borrowed from other parks' music libraries, has used a pre-existing anniversary song for one of their own anniversaries. Brand New Day from Tokyo's 35th was probably a special case to celebrate the resort's second reopening (the first reopening had its own song), but Paris' anniversaries always had a specially-composed song for the celebration:

Well Light Inside You isn’t a Anniversary song, it’s the theme song for their firework show.

LondonTom

We get some absolute bangers from DLP thats for sure!

A pin for Walt's so its defo coming back!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom