Let Episode VII Speculation Begin

i hope the use the original actors but in a more subdued role. i think the focus should be on the skywalker / solo kids from the EU. I would love to see Mara Jade finally onscreen.

erasure fan1

One thing I have really pondered is going the KOTOR angle but far into the future vs. into the past. Going 1000 years ABY would let then start with a nearly clean slate, but I doubt such a move would be financially successful.
Would it then be a short time ago, in a galaxy far far away?

The more I think about what the next 3 movies should be, I really think KOTOR is the best way to go. It has a great story, strong characters and still has some things that would be familiar to the average fan. Of course I really don't see them doing this because it has the most risk with the average fan not accepting that Luke, Leia, Han and the droids are not in it. But I really think it could be a HUGE win if put in the right hands. After spending over 4 billion I think they play it safe.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
A whole lot of salt. I can not see them doing that in any universe.
I have a hard time figuring out how or why they'd do it as well. We watched Luke burn his body on a funeral pyre. The article says:
“This is science fiction remember,” we’re told. “Darth Vader will rise from the ashes.”
I just cant imagine them going down that road when the imagination is literally the limit for creating a new antagonist.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
My favorite post about the return of Vader so far over on theforce.net forums:

TiniTinyTony said:
Did Darth Vader have a closet full of extra helmets on the Death Star? Maybe when the Death Star blows up one of his helmets remains intact and lands on Endor. A curious Ewok, one with a hankering for speeder bike rides, will begin his journey to the Dark Side upon finding the helmet. Rise Darth Paploo!

wiigirl

wow...uhmmm...
75.gif

flynnibus

Premium Member
I have a hard time figuring out how or why they'd do it as well. We watched Luke burn his body on a funeral pyre

There is the whole story line about jedi living beyond their body's death tho too... its intertwined with why Skywalker turned to the darkside to begin with.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
There is the whole story line about jedi living beyond their body's death tho too... its intertwined with why Skywalker turned to the darkside to begin with.
Yes. I tend to agree with some of the discussion I've seen where we may see Anakin in some fashion, as a force ghost, or that someone may try and take up the mantle of Vader, but I have a hard time thinking that they would take "Anakin Skywalker - Darth Vader" and try and bring him back from the dead.

Vader2112

Original Poster
Much Like yoda and Obi Wan went on after death to advise Luke and Palpatine inhabited a younger cloned body of himself in Dark Empire. Please let Vader remain dead. I think Luke pieceing together info and creating a new Jedi Order would be interesting but would require recasting.

erasure fan1

Does anyone else think that they have to be a lot farther along with this then we think? Maybe I'm just not looking at it right but I would think this would be planned as a summer tent-pole release. So 2015 seems a bit optimistic for how far along it seems to be. If writing has just started (or if it has at all), just over 2yrs is kind of short for a project of this scope (in my eyes anyway). Especially with it being a planned trilogy. I might just be paranoid but we all know what can happen when you rush to put a script together just to meet a deadline. So I really hope they are a lot further than they are letting on, or 2015 isn't set in stone.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone else think that they have to be a lot farther along with this then we think? Maybe I'm just not looking at it right but I would think this would be planned as a summer tent-pole release. So 2015 seems a bit optimistic for how far along it seems to be. If writing has just started (or if it has at all), just over 2yrs is kind of short for a project of this scope (in my eyes anyway). Especially with it being a planned trilogy. I might just be paranoid but we all know what can happen when you rush to put a script together just to meet a deadline. So I really hope they are a lot further than they are letting on, or 2015 isn't set in stone.
I have a feeling it is kind of both. It would not surprise me if there is at least an outline for episode 7-9 already done that just needs to be fleshed out into a script. Nothing is set in stone until the posters come out and even then there can still be changes. :D

tumblr_mcrlztRwcA1qj0i4io1_500.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom