Lego Cinderella Castle 71040

HokieDevil

Original Poster
With the release of the Disney Minifigs there have been rumors that Lego is going to release a D2C (direct to consumer, available only through lego.com and the legostore) a set that is modeled after Cinderella Castle from Magic Kingdom and Tokyo Disneyland parks. I haven't been able to find any images of the set and don't think we will see an image until mid July. The price point hasn't been released with with some of the members of the lego eurobricks forum speculating a price point between $300-$400. I'm curious if there are any other Lego fans on here and if so what their thoughts are on the set and price. Again its all speculation at this point, but since I do have a complete set of the Disney Minifigs I am hoping for this to be true. Here is the link to the forum that discusses the set; http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=122532

elliot

I am all over this when it comes out. I keep asking different people at my Lego store and they won't fess up, although they acknowledge the "rumor". All I know is my VIP card is ready and when (fingers crossed) this is released, it will be mine.

elliot

YES!

throwing-money_zpssjyvppmv.gif

HokieDevil

Original Poster
I was excited for it when I heard the rumor, now that I've seen the pictures it is clearly evident I need it. Can't wait, but I'm thinking I might need two, make it less of dollhouse and more like a model of the original. The back however will not be easy to recreate with those large windows from Cinderella's Royal Table. #DisneyLegoFanboyProblems

AgeEight-E

Just the day before I learned about this set, I was thinking about how great it would be if Lego released officially licensed sets based on WDW and DLR rides. How great would it be to have a Lego Haunted Mansion with a stretching room, attic, Madame Leota, graveyard and all? Or an IASW set?

Then this came along. Even though with the interior details this doesn't seem to be based strictly on the actual castle as a park attraction, hopefully if it sells well both companies would consider dipping into the other park attractions.

flynnibus

Premium Member
This set is clearly setup to be a 'playset' vs some of the other sets that try to be more about accuracy or models.

Problem is.. I've found myself not that interested in the playsets/structure models. For instance, I have the Simpsons House.. and its incredible in the theme tie-in, the choices made, etc.. but I have no interest in handling it or showing it off. Where as all my vehicle models.. those I tend to like.

Having a BTMRR train or other icons like the Monorail would be fun

WhatJaneSays

I wonder how many unique pieces or color/piece combinations this is going to have. That blue and gold seem slightly off of standard Lego color; I could really easily see Disney requiring a special color match for this. (It could be the lighting in the video too.)

elliot

Aaaaaaannd ordered!!! Can't wait to get this. It's huge. Wanted it in hand today, but it sold out at my store at opening. I was about 1/2 hour too late. Still...should get by early next week. No idea where it's going, but we'll find a spot, cause I'm not taking this baby apart.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom