Leaving Magic Kingdom and coming back on NYE?

jaygatsby

On Dec. 30 (Not NYE but close to it) we are going to MK. We are staying at AoA and have a dinner resevation. We have a breakfast ADR at 8:25AM and want to be there for the "practice" NYE fireworks at midnight. We didnt want to spend 16 straight hours in the park so we were thinking about leaving at noon and coming back at 4. In the past years it seems like they have never had a phase 4 closure. Since we stay on site and have an ADR we should be able to get back in even with the first 3 phase closures. Should we take that risk? Is there any reason we would still not be allowed back in? Would it just be smarter to stay the entire day or is it safe to leave and come back?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I would think if you returned to the MK after the parade ends, you won't have a problem getting back in. But I wouldn't leave after that, if you can avoid it. If they reach Phase 4, no one, even those with an ADR, will get in. Note that park hopping my be restricted also.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Also if MK reached even a Phase 1 closure, I'm sure someone would be onto social media / forum to let people know. The CMs aren't allowed to actually confirm it, even if you ask, but it's not hard to tell!

Last year on Christmas Eve, for example, they were redirecting people to park at Epcot but still letting at least some people back to MK. That may or may not have been a phase 1 closure, it wasn't confirmed on the closure watch thread, but it was being widely talked about even by CMs. We left after the noon parade and returned around 4pm. We just made sure to keep an eye on twitter, Disney blog and closure watch threads. When we saw that the car park was full we made our way back to MK.

You should be fine.

Upvote 0

durangojim

You shouldn't have a problem getting back in but traffic will be extremely the closer it gets to fireworks time so make sure you give yourself enough time to get to the park.

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
Also if MK reached even a Phase 1 closure, I'm sure someone would be onto social media / forum to let people know. The CMs aren't allowed to actually confirm it, even if you ask, but it's not hard to tell!

Last year on Christmas Eve, for example, they were redirecting people to park at Epcot but still letting at least some people back to MK. That may or may not have been a phase 1 closure, it wasn't confirmed on the closure watch thread, but it was being widely talked about even by CMs. We left after the noon parade and returned around 4pm. We just made sure to keep an eye on twitter, Disney blog and closure watch threads. When we saw that the car park was full we made our way back to MK.

You should be fine.
thanks! This helps alot!

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
You shouldn't have a problem getting back in but traffic will be extremely the closer it gets to fireworks time so make sure you give yourself enough time to get to the park.
Definitely. We're using the bus and I heard that recently they put arrival times at all the resorts for the buses so that should help a little!

Upvote 0

jaygatsby

Original Poster
I would think if you returned to the MK after the parade ends, you won't have a problem getting back in. But I wouldn't leave after that, if you can avoid it. If they reach Phase 4, no one, even those with an ADR, will get in. Note that park hopping my be restricted also.

Have fun!
We will... crowds and all! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom