Leaving a car parked at a monorail resort after dinner

Indiana Stone

Original Poster
We will be having a 5 pm dinner at Ohana during our trip. We will have a rental so I am planning on driving to, and parking at, the Polynesian that evening. Can we leave the car there and ride the monorail to the Magic Kingdom to spend a few hours or is that no longer permitted?

I have no problems parking in the TTC lots but obviously would rather be that much closer to both the restaurant and then monorail upon our return. We will be staying as onsite guests at the Animal Kingdom.

ABQ

I've done it at the Grand Floridian and it was not a problem, can't see why the Poly would be any different.

daisyduckie

Technically you are supposed to move your car. The parking lots at the resorts are small and not meant to handle people parking and going into the parks. They may also issue you a parking pass that is only good for 3 hours parking at the resort.

In all honesty is is probably easier to park at the TTC. It will make leaving the park quicker at any rate. Plus, I think it is a bit rude to take up space at the resort for an extended period of time when you are not staying at that resort. It is very frustrating to pay to sleep there and have to struggle to find a parking spot. Been there, done that.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Technically you are supposed to move your car. The parking lots at the resorts are small and not meant to handle people parking and going into the parks. They may also issue you a parking pass that is only good for 3 hours parking at the resort.

In all honesty is is probably easier to park at the TTC. It will make leaving the park quicker at any rate. Plus, I think it is a bit rude to take up space at the resort for an extended period of time when you are not staying at that resort. It is very frustrating to pay to sleep there and have to struggle to find a parking spot. Been there, done that.
^^^ THIS ^^^

Indiana Stone

Original Poster
Well my main concern was taking a spot from Poly guests, which is why I said we are willing to park at the TTC. As a Canadian I don't want to offend anyone. I just wondered if there was adequate space if the resorts allow it, which the 3 hour limit pass kind of answers. Thanks for the responses.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

This^^^ with one other option. If you pay to valet, you can keep your car there.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
This^^^ with one other option. If you pay to valet, you can keep your car there.

Yep pay to valet if you want to leave your car there. That's what we do if we want to leave it there so as not to take up a free spot for hotel guests and people dining/visiting etc. ;)

Polydweller

Well my main concern was taking a spot from Poly guests, which is why I said we are willing to park at the TTC. As a Canadian I don't want to offend anyone. I just wondered if there was adequate space if the resorts allow it, which the 3 hour limit pass kind of answers. Thanks for the responses.
Honestly it's not about offending someone it's about the size of the lots and that the Poly's own guests have no other choice but to park at their resort. There is nothing worse than returning to your home resort and finding no parking. I've experienced that a couple of times and it's terrible.

People visiting for an ADR have a choice of valet parking of at the TTC. And the courteous thing is to choose one of those. And to answer another part of your post, no the monorail resort self-parking lots aren't big enough to accommodate everyone who'd want to do this. And despite what others have said here, no it isn't ok.

sxeensweet

Honestly it's not about offending someone it's about the size of the lots and that the Poly's own guests have no other choice but to park at their resort. There is nothing worse than returning to your home resort and finding no parking. I've experienced that a couple of times and it's terrible.

People visiting for an ADR have a choice of valet parking of at the TTC. And the courteous thing is to choose one of those. And to answer another part of your post, no the monorail resort self-parking lots aren't big enough to accommodate everyone who'd want to do this. And despite what others have said here, no it isn't ok.

Agree! Especially Poly, Boardwalk, and a few others DO NOT have enough free parking even for resort guests! When we stayed at The Boardwalk (not during a busy time early-mid December) we had to park across the street in the extra lot so we usually ended up just using valet every day because it was a lot easier. Also Poly when we don't want to leave our car (if we do we pay to valet) and only want to come to eat or visit for a few hours free parking is extremely hard to find a spot especially in the evening. :oops::bored:

sxeensweet

You don't have to park at the TTC but just make sure to either valet if you want to leave your car or just move your car after your done at the Poly to TTC. Parking is meant for people coming eat, staying there, visiting etc so as long as you move your car after you're done you are free to park there. ;)

slappy magoo

My theory - and it is solely a theory - is that if a resort's parking lot is full, and it's brought to the attention of security/lot guards by resort guests who can't find a spot, first they might comp the resort guest who can't find a spot with valet parking. Then they will look for people who are parked in the lot more than 3 hours who should not be there that long. First they will look for cars belonging to people who are not staying at ANY WDW resort - people who are incredibly likely to be trying to avoid a parking fee at the TTC - then if necessary they will look for cars belonging to people staying at a different WDW resort, parking there for the convenience.

Will the OP get towed? Probably not. But there's no guarantee really. No matter who among us might have done it with "no problem," who wants to be the person who takes that risk and fails? To not only have to pay to get your car out of hock but spend precious vacation time doing it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom