Leave kids at home?

kelliechris

My husband & I are celebrating 15 years of wedded bliss this year. We decided we should take a nice vacation, just us. We solicited advice from friends and family, and got responses varying from Las Vegas to a New England color tour. After some consideration, we both agreed we'd rather just go back to WDW again, with our kids (ages 7 & 4 at time of travel.) We went in 2015 with our oldest, and in 2016 with both. We are hooked for sure and can see us making this trip at least every other year, if not every year.

I have a friend that works for WDW so she gets us a 40% discount on our resort, so we were planning a split stay (POP & Poly). We already bought our tickets to the park, a 6 day pass, no park hopper. Now, we're considering the possibility of not taking our kids with us. Are we nuts??? Is there something in the parenting bible that says thou shall not go to Disney without your kids? I know I would feel mad guilty walking through MK and seeing all the kids and not having ours with us, but I also know my husband & I could really use some together time where we're putting each other first, and not our kids. We skipped EPCOT last time and would really like to go there this time to do Food & Wine, etc. Our initial plan was to spend 1 evening with the kids at Lilo's Playhouse so we could go out to a nice dinner, but now I'm thinking what if the whole trip was like that? Just us? Eating dinner where WE want to eat, staying out late and not worrying about having to keep eyes on kids in the pool, the arguments over who gets to push the elevator buttons, the arguments over who gets to sit by mommy, who gets to ride in the stroller, etc.

TL;DR - Considering a trip to WDW without our 4 and 7 year old. Crazy or no?

jlsHouston

Okay, two thoughts:

1. You're not crazy. Do what is best for your marriage, as that's best for your family.

But, on the other hand,

2. Be sure you will enjoy your time there without your kids. Personally, I wouldn't. I'd see families having fun and feel sick to my stomach over leaving my kids. I'd want them to be there with my wife and I.

But, that's just me. You know yourself and your family best.
I know what you mean, I love Disney by myself but I always miss my kids and grandkids.

Upvote 0

Dads 2 Boys

Do it!! My wife and I went last May together without the kids and it was wonderful!!!! They've been three times already so it's not like they are deprived.

We are going again on May 3rd for 8 days as opposed to six from last year. To travel as adults only was so amazing.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom