least fav park for a 13 year old?

Greatmom

Is there one park that any of you think will least interest my 13 year old daughter? We arrive Sun. morning and don't plan to start our 4 day hopper passes until Mon. And then plan on concentrating on one park a day. (Neither of us have ever been to disney before.) Any suggestions on our plan? Would Down town Disney at night be something we could enjoy together? Help, help, help!!!!! :D

ToTBellHop

take some DayQuil, stay up till midnight, and then take some NyQuil! You'll feel better...of course my expertise is with dogs, and they don't get colds...:)

Upvote 0

lnmjameson

We are going for the 1st time next weekend. At first we looked @ 4 day passes & then opted for 5 days. That way we can spend the last day wherever we want. And the cost was just a little more.

Anyway, I also bought "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World". This is full of information & has helped us a lot in our planning.

Upvote 0

General Grizz

Originally posted by lnmjameson
We are going for the 1st time next weekend. At first we looked @ 4 day passes & then opted for 5 days. That way we can spend the last day wherever we want. And the cost was just a little more.

Anyway, I also bought "The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World". This is full of information & has helped us a lot in our planning.

Visit the country bears! And Carousel of Progress or TimeKeeper if it is open!

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Greatmom
Is there one park that any of you think will least interest my 13 year old daughter? We arrive Sun. morning and don't plan to start our 4 day hopper passes until Mon. And then plan on concentrating on one park a day. (Neither of us have ever been to disney before.) Any suggestions on our plan? Would Down town Disney at night be something we could enjoy together? Help, help, help!!!!! :D

As others have mentioned, the park to skip depends upon her interests. If she is anything like any other 13-YO, DTD is a great place to spend time together and do a little shopping/bonding.

Many 13YO's don't like the "kiddie" aspect of Magic Kingdom. That doesn't mean "don't do it", it means look at the park maps (available at your resort) and decide if you/she sees anything worthwhile.

If she doesn't like animals, then Animal Kingdom is the one to skip. It wouldn't surprise me, though, that she thinks animals are "cool" and getting a close-up look at them is too good an opportunity to pass up. If you really rush through this park, and skip DinoLand, this may be a half-day park, depending upon your speed and luck getting through lines.

I'm with the others who say think that EPCOT is really great for a 13YO; but she needs a little interest in either science (for futureworld) or the rest of the world (for world showcase). In any event DO NOT MISS Illuminations. If you have to drag her there by the hair, do it. She will thank you for it later.

The Studios may very well be the one to skip. It has bits targetted for youngsters (Disney Playhouse; Voyage of the Little Mermaid; etc) and for "older" folks (Great Movie Ride), but little for those in that awkard transition phase. If she is really into movies, then go here. Otherwise, I don't know that there's enough to interest her for a day. Maybe this is a good half-day park when combined with some other park (since you'll have a rental car, this will be much easier).

My best advice: don't YET plan on skipping anything. Pick up all the park guide maps when you check in. Then start planning based upon what you and she would like to see. Make the list prioritized so that, if you run out of time, you will have seen the things you most want to see.

Upvote 0

Sheri

I'll give you my opinion (which is also a 13 y.o girls opinion :cool: )

I think people some teenagers don't like Epcot because there isn't as many rides there (especially in world showcase) . Personally, I like it, but it's not my fave. I wouldn't rule any park out though, because all have their good/bad things about em, depending on what you're into and stuff. So if possible, try to get to the stuff you wanna do first, then go back for the lless inetersting, if you have enough time.

Upvote 0

NowInc

From what I have witnessed....every park has SOMETHING for a 13 year old to like.... I have yet to find a teen who doesnt like Test Track (epcot), ANY of the mountains (MK), Rock N Rollercoaster/ToT (MGM) or CTX (AK)....

Tho...you can pretty much breeze thru Animal Kingdom in abour 4-5 hours...if not faster....Epcot...dependimg on what she likes..you could get in and out of there in 3 hours (If she doesnt ike the world showcaase..why go?..same goes vise versa with futureworld).....MGM...thats a toughie...it IS a smaller park..but there seems to be more to do there that arent exactly RIDES (if she likes shows..this will be her favorite park)..and Magic Kingom..no matter HOW old you are..you will find something there you like ;)

Upvote 0

Greatmom

Original Poster
13yr old's interests

SHE is 13 and loves to dance and play volleyball. Is a "" student in 7th grade and loves to spend time at her friends farm. Is still a little girl at heart, but boys are peaking her interest now!

Upvote 0

General Grizz

Re: 13yr old's interests

Originally posted by Greatmom
SHE is 13 and loves to dance and play volleyball. Is a "" student in 7th grade and loves to spend time at her friends farm. Is still a little girl at heart, but boys are peaking her interest now!

I AM SORRY!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Here's what I would suggest:

MAGIC KINGDOM:
* The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
* Splash Mountain
* Pirates of the Carribbean
* Country Bear Jamboree
* Peter Pan's Flight
* The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
* Buzz Lightyear's Spaceranger Spin
* Carousel of Progress
* The TimeKeeper
* The Walt Disney World Railroad

EPCOT:
* Spaceship Earth
* Wonders of Life (Cranium Command)
* Living with the Land
* Circle of Life
* Test Track
* El Rio Del Tiempo
* The American Adventure
* Impressions De France

Upvote 0

General Grizz

oops, forgot some:

MAGIC KINGDOM:
* The Haunted Mansion
* The Hall of Presidents
* Tomorrowland Transit Authority
* Mad Tea Party
* Mickey's Toontown Fair

EPCOT:
* Innoventions

Upvote 0

Tigggrl

IF you go to Animal Kingdom...don't miss Tarzan! I LOVE that show! If I had my wish, I would work Tech for that show every day....and NO its not because of the guy who plays Tarzan! (Its the guy who plays guitar! LOL!) J/K! I have a thing for musicians I guess...but the show has lots of music and Dancing and cool rollerbladers and stunt flying and...OH I just LOVE the entire show!:)
Tig:)

Upvote 0

Greatmom

Original Poster
Thanks

Thanks for all the info..I think she'll love whatever we decide to do. Down Town Disney really is sparking her interst tonight!

Upvote 0

Sheri

Originally posted by Tigggrl
IF you go to Animal Kingdom...don't miss Tarzan! I LOVE that show! If I had my wish, I would work Tech for that show every day....and NO its not because of the guy who plays Tarzan! (Its the guy who plays guitar! LOL!) J/K! I have a thing for musicians I guess...but the show has lots of music and Dancing and cool rollerbladers and stunt flying and...OH I just LOVE the entire show!:)

I didn't really like Tarzan that much, neither did anyone else I went with :dazzle: I like the roller blading and all, but other then that I thought it was boring :snore: But that's only my opinion soo

Upvote 0

NowInc

Originally posted by Tigggrl

I think you just like the loin cloth....hehe

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom