League of Dreamers: A New Beginning

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Scoring:

Creativity: 8/10

Absolutely stunning ideas, team! Disney has yet to include a villains-centric area in their parks. This whole thing is just perfect!

Realism: 10/10

Perfect as always, team.

Detail: 8/10

Excellent detail.

Presentation: 8/10

Perfect as always.

Final Score: 34/40

I hate to do this after such a wonderful presentation, but... @spacemt354 , the time has come for you to once again nominate two teammates who have not been pulling their weight to participate in our elimination round. Who will it be?

spacemt354

Chili's
Scoring:

Creativity: 8/10

Absolutely stunning ideas, team! Disney has yet to include a villains-centric area in their parks. This whole thing is just perfect!

Realism: 10/10

Perfect as always, team.

Detail: 8/10

Excellent detail.

Presentation: 8/10

Perfect as always.

Final Score: 34/40

I hate to do this after such a wonderful presentation, but... @spacemt354 , the time has come for you to once again nominate two teammates who have not been pulling their weight to participate in our elimination round. Who will it be?
Arg...I hate making this call. I'm actually not too sure who is left is the game aside from the regular contributions of IAmNotAHufflepuff, Flippin and mickeyfan. Even though the later two got busy, I don't really want to nominate them because there has to be other people still left that haven't been here in a while.

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Arg...I hate making this call. I'm actually not too sure who is left is the game aside from the regular contributions of IAmNotAHufflepuff, Flippin and mickeyfan. Even though the later two got busy, I don't really want to nominate them because there has to be other people still left that haven't been here in a while.

That is tough. With that logic, I don't think I wanna unfairly remove those who aren't in the game due to what goes on in their lives. What say we just skip the elimination today?

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
Alrighty then! Let's move on to the next challenge!

Land 5: Fantasyland
latest
Here we are--my favorite land in all Disneyland-style parks! Here is the land where Disney's classic movies come to life. I really want to see something wonderful here, team. Here's what your roster will look like.

• Two classic--yet updated--dark rides. You can add two classic dark rides, but I'd really like to see you update them for a new generation. You can pick from the following.
    • Snow White's Scary Adventures
    • Pinocchio's Daring Journey
    • Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
    • Alice in Wonderland
    • Peter Pan's Flight
    • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
    • Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
  • One all-new dark ride. For this, I want you to take one classic Disney movie--one that does not have a dark ride based upon it--and make a dark ride out of it.
  • Although I won't ask you to do anything crazy with them, I'd like to see the carousel, Dumbo, "it's a small world" and the tea cups on your map.
  • A show. I'd like to add in a show to play in a theatre in your Fantasyland. It can be an adaptation of one Disney movie (i;e Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Legend of the Lion King) or a show combining elements of many (i;e Animazement, Mickey and the Magical Map). And don't worry about coming up with one by yourself. You can pick from any show you want. YouTube and Google will help you out.
  • Something inside the castle. I don't care what--a restaurant, a shop, a walk-through--just do whatever you wish.
  • Two restaurants and three shops.
This will be due January 16th at midnight PST. Good luck, teams!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
It's a shame that I won't be able to participate for the ideas for Fantasyland. Because I could come up with alot of fun ideas.

Well, sure, I don't mind. Besides, I think I'm just gonna call off the whole competition aspect, given that so few people are part of the actual brainstorming process, so I guess the rest of the competition is in open-house-everybody-wins territory.

brb1006

Well, sure, I don't mind. Besides, I think I'm just gonna call off the whole competition aspect, given that so few people are part of the actual brainstorming process, so I guess the rest of the competition is in open-house-everybody-wins territory.
I have a question, do we have to explain our ideas for the competition on this thread on the Brainstorming thread? Or do we have to first post them on the brainstorming thread the post the entire thing on this thread? Apologize for these question confusing you

DisneyManOne

Original Poster
I have a question, do we have to explain our ideas for the competition on this thread on the Brainstorming thread? Or do we have to first post them on the brainstorming thread the post the entire thing on this thread? Apologize for these question confusing you

The ideas are explained on the brainstorming thread, and when it comes time to present, @spacemt354 will combine all the ideas into one post and put it here.

IAmNotAHufflepuff

Well, this kinda sucks. I played LOD to be part of an actual competition. Now that aspect is gone, I don't really have a reason to stick around.

Sorry guys, but I'm off and going to focus on my Busch Gardens plan and Redemption Island.

This was still a fun competition for what it was worth though. Thanks @DisneyManOne for being an awesome host!

Last edited:

Flippin'Flounder

Well, this kinda sucks. I played LOD to be part of an actual competition. Now that aspect is gone, I don't really have a reason to stick around.

Sorry guys, but I'm off and going to focus on my Busch Gardens plan and Redemption Island.

This was still a fun competition for what it was worth though. Thanks @DisneyManOne for being an awesome host!
Are you sure? You've been great so far!

DisneyManOne

Original Poster

Well, alright then. Goodbye, my friend. Hope you do really well on Redemption Island!

spacemt354

Chili's
11469036026_48177fc5ca_b.jpg

Welcome to Fantasyland! A land of enchantment and wonder. A land where everyone can be a prince or princess, dine in elegant castles, or sail on an adventure through classic Disney tales. For any and all Disney fans out there, this is the land you don't want to miss.

Map

2016-01-19%2013.03.33_zpsrbkntwwb.jpg

Snow White's Castle
2015-11-28%2023.30.23_zpsdmlpqqya.jpg

Starting off in Snow White's Castle - we have numeous shops and dining experiences to choose from. A full-walkthrough castle, guests can travel the corridors of this Spanish-influenced castle and eat at the luxurious Forever After Cafe...serving breakfast, lunch, and character dinner daily. You can also shop at our shops on the mezzanine level. Knightly Estates is a gift shop themed to all things prince and princesses in Disney tales. If you're willing (and if your parents are willing to foot the bill....) you can dress up like your favorite Disney characters at the Bipiti Bopiti Boutique
bibbidi-bobbidi-boutique-00.jpg

From the castle we continue north to two fabled classic Disney dark rides that have received upgrades. Mr. Toad's Wide Ride and Snow White's Scary Adventures.

The rides themselves remain basically the same as the classic attractions, however they are plussed in unique was. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride incorporated the LPS Trackless Ride System into the experience, now making the journey even more harrowing as you don't know where you will end up next. Snow White's Scary Adventures gets an upgrade in the Audio-Animatronic department...as the AAs are all now equipped with the face projections seen on Seven Dwarf's Mine Train at WDW Magic Kingdom.

Trackless System for Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
upload_2016-1-19_13-14-0.jpeg

Projections for Snow White's Scary Adventures
dgg933823.jpg

Fantasia Dark Ride
upload_2016-1-19_13-15-32.jpeg

With the Villains land across the way, this attraction provides the gateway from the Villains Land to Fantasyland. An all new dark ride, this attraction will take you through the famous scenes from the film, concluding with the classic Sorcerer's Apprentice scene.

In addition, and upon request, Cinderella's Carousel, Dumbo, and the Mad Tea Party attractions have all made the cut for Fantasyland in this park.

Lastly, two final dark rides, the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan's, will be a retelling of the tale from the prior editions, with the twist of incorporating the trackless technology of Pooh's Honey Hut and updated scenery to Peter Pan's Flight.
maxresdefault.jpg

florida-magic-kingdom-peter-pan-ride-images-hook.jpg

Shops:
Hundred Acre Wood - a gift shop at the end of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Neverland Gifts - a shop located at the end of Peter Pan's Flight selling merchandise from the film.

Cafe:
Storybook Cafe - dine on the shores of the storybook canal boats with a scenic view of Fantasyland

Higitus Figitus!
This is basically a twist on the classic tilt-a-whirl attraction you can find at your local country fair, based on Disney's adaptation of the King Arthur, The Sword in the Stone... Specifically, one of the film's musical numbers, "Higitus Figitus" (hence the tile). The attraction, unlike most tilt-a-whirls, is held indoors. The attraction's interior is themed around Merlin's cottage. Each ride vehicle is some knickknack Merlin has lying around and seats a maximum of three riders. In the center of the room, Merlin stands with his magic wand, singing. Occasionally, he'll point his wand at your ride vehicle, causing it to light up (via fiber-optics). Above the attraction's entrance perches Merlin's pet owl Archimedes, who occasionally makes sarcastic comments about his owner's way of packing his things.

Storybookland Canal Boats
Pass through Elsa's Ice Palace into a land of magic where miniatures of favorite fairytales inhabit a magic place only known as Storybookland.

Miniatures
  • Elsa's Ice Palace
  • Arendelle Castle
  • Dwarf's Cottage
  • Pinocchio's Village
  • Yensid's Tower
  • Bald Mountain
  • Toad Hall
  • Cinderella's Chateau
  • Wonderland
  • Darling House and London
  • Aurora's Castle
  • Ariel's Grotto
  • Belle's Village
  • Agrabah
  • Chinese Palace
  • Rapunzel's Tower and Castle
  • Beanstalk
Remember the Magic
While Mickey's imagination comes alive at night, during the day a huge revue of Disney characters comes alive on stage, on water, and even in the aisles as the park celebrates the creativity Disney with Dreams, Adventure, Beauty, Wishes, and it's all wrapped up in a Magic bow in a spectacle that can only be described as true Disney magic.
Opening
  • Remember the Magic
  • Dancers, Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy onstage
Dreams
  • A celebration of the dreams that we've shared
  • I'm Wishing/One Song
  • A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes
  • Once Upon a Dream
  • Snow White, Prince, Cinderella, Charming, Aurora, Phillip onstage
  • Small sets rise up from stage lifts. Wishing well, fountain and bridge, and forest
Adventure
  • A celebration of the adventures we've taken
  • Just Around the River Bend
  • Prince Ali
  • Circle of Life
  • Dancers onstage, barges, and in seating area during Prince Ali and Circle of Life. Pocahontas on stage alone surrounded by large forest set. Aladdin, Genie on stage during Prince Ali. Rafiki on large Pride Rock barge during Circle of Life.
Beauty
  • A celebration of the beauty we've seen
  • I See the Light
  • My Belle, Evangeline
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Large transforming set for segment. Large lanterns on barges and on stage with Flynn and Rapunzel in canoe. Lanterns transform into fireflies and lilypads with Tiana and Naveen on barge. Large ballroom set rises from stage and fireflies and lilypads turn into candelabras with Belle and Beast on stage.
Wishes
  • A celebration of the wishes we've made
  • Part of Your World
  • Reflection
  • For the First Time in Forever
  • Ballroom set transforms into Ariel's grotto. One side of Ariel's grotto changes to Mulan's garden, other side turns into Arendelle castle which opens up to reveal Elsa.
Magic
  • A celebration of Disney magic
  • When You Wish Upon A Star
  • Every character seen in the show comes onstage accompanied by their respective matching dancers, finishing with Mickey and Friends.
Not included on the map...but is essential to Fantasyland ....it's a small world will be located beyond Higitus Figitus being the farthest north attraction in the park aside from the railroad.
its-a-small-world.jpg

Thanks for visiting Fantasyland!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom