Le Cellier Steakhouse v The Dining Plan Option

Lucky

It's hard to get a table there PERIOD. Most of our trips we have been unable to snag a table there... just the way it goes... whether you are on the dining program or not.

I am told, however, that if it is raining--they generally take some walk ins because people do not honor their reservations...so there's an option.

Also--if you have an odd party size--they may not be able to accommodate you...they might be able to seat 6...but not 5....or might be able to do two parties of 3...but not a party of 6...
I was there last week on a rainy night. I had ADRs, but walk-ups were all being turned away, even though we saw quite a few empty tables.

abbeysmom

Hubby and I have never been able to get dinner ressies there but always take lunch if they have it. No big difference in the menu and you eat enough that you don't want dinner either. The mac and cheese is to die for. I also love the cheese soup. I got the NY strip steak and you could cut it with a fork..... yummy!!! I have to say that this is one of the best in the world... :sohappy: Love it, Love it, Love it!!

When we were there in June at AKL the Concierge tried to get us dinner ressies but nothing was available.

Lance

Place is a vault, never been able to secure a reservation there, even when I made up a date to attend, nothing! I'm glad I'm not the only one who is having an impossible time with Le Cellier!

I'm going to start doing this, but I'd advise you to call and get a reservation at Le Cellier, at whatever time it might be, secure it... then plan the rest of your trip, plane, accomodations after it...lol

And I doubt this would work for Le Cellier, but we had a really tough time getting resi's at Ohana when we went 3 weeks ago... nothing, and we kept calling like everyday... and the day we checked into WL... we called for that night and got in... so I'd try calling reservations up until the time you'd like to eat, you never know who is canceling!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
One can only hope that most people will cancel reservations that they are not using. It seems that many people make their reservations months out as required, then decide they are not going to use them, and then don't cancel them. That's very inconsiderate of everyone else, especially when it is so difficult to book dining if you are able to take a vacation on less than six months' notice.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
One can only hope that most people will cancel reservations that they are not using. It seems that many people make their reservations months out as required, then decide they are not going to use them, and then don't cancel them. That's very inconsiderate of everyone else, especially when it is so difficult to book dining if you are able to take a vacation on less than six months' notice.
:lol:

I can't imagine canceling a Le Cellier reservation! I think it would be unpatriotic! :eek:

Lucky

Canada is my favorite pavilion at Epcot. It has the best restaurant, most beautiful and relaxing setting, and a decent movie.

I like the building designed as a scaled-down version of the Frontenac also. Quebec City is the only place in Canada I've been to, and the Frontenac is the only Canadian hotel I've stayed in.

Club Cooloholic

As far as food and drink I only got as far as the popcorn/beer stand out front. Which by the way is excellent because the have La Fin Du Monde(The End of the World) and Maudite. You can't find them most places in florida, and they REALLY pack a punch.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
As far as food and drink I only got as far as the popcorn/beer stand out front. Which by the way is excellent because the have La Fin Du Monde(The End of the World) and Maudite. You can't find them most places in florida, and they REALLY pack a punch.
Because Canadians know how to make [and drink] good beer! :king:

Star-Tourer

Original Poster
Just back from 2 amazing weeks at WDW. Already planning the next big trip in 2009!

Got real lucky on the 19th of September and managed to get a walk-in at Le Cellier for lunch! We simply just rocked up at 11.30am and they were able to sit us about 10 minutes later.

Our other favourites were at: Artist Point, California Grill and Jiko.

Although the above cost 2 Disney Dining Plan points per person we actually found the service and food was best at Le Cellier, which only cost 1 dining point per person.

Now I know why you need to book so far in advance! :slurp:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I am not sure about the holding of tables aside for non dining plan or dining plan patrons. The DH and I have been every year for the past 4 years and only once - the week before Christmas - and that is (gasp!) I forgot to call the 180 days ahead of time. Never make that mistake again! I literally called every day looking for a cancelation to Le Cell and Cinderella's Table - and I was able to secure the Cinderella's Table by just calling for a cancelation. Once we got to WDW and we did not have a ressie one night b/c we couldn't get Le Cell - I called dining while I was there and I was able to get an opening! :) IMO - be persistant and call before you get there and while you are there and I am sure that you will be able to get in. Good Luck!

Star-Tourer

Original Poster
Actually our server at Le Cellier informed us the beef was from Australia!

Same again at California Grill!

Good old Aussie Beef! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom