Last trip? Too many special events!

wedje

Original Poster
Have trip planned for 9/30 -10/7 with our oldest grandkids during fall break. We all love Disney World but: Magic Kingdom closes at 7 on four out of 7 night for MNSSHP. I know this makes a lot of money for Disney but what about the people who come for a week or more and then can't get in the most popular park on these nights without paying extra. I know it comes down to money but I just needed to vent. Why would I continue to come every couple of years when the time in the parks gets less and less each year. Prices keep going up but parks open less time, get less food with meals. Well feel better getting this written down. Still plan on making this trip fun since it will probably be the lad

thomas998

Have trip planned for 9/30 -10/7 with our oldest grandkids during fall break. We all love Disney World but: Magic Kingdom closes at 7 on four out of 7 night for MNSSHP. I know this makes a lot of money for Disney but what about the people who come for a week or more and then can't get in the most popular park on these nights without paying extra. I know it comes down to money but I just needed to vent. Why would I continue to come every couple of years when the time in the parks gets less and less each year. Prices keep going up but parks open less time, get less food with meals. Well feel better getting this written down. Still plan on making this trip fun since it will probably be the lad

Of course the other option would have been to skip buying a 7 day ticket and only buying a 3 day ticket and then adding to that a MNSSHP ticket so that your total cost was lower and yet you would be able to do the same amount of stuff with 3 days to spend outside the parks completely.

Now it seems from you post that you believe that MK is the only park worth going to... which I supposed indicates that your grand kids are rather young... If that is the case did you really expect them to stay up much later than 7 PM to begin with? Really young kids don't tend to have the stamina to last 12 hours in an amusement park.

You might also look at the upside. When you go to MK on days that have parties the crowds are often a little lighter because there are people like yourself that feel they are being ripped of by paying a regular price for a park that close a couple of hours earlier. And the real measure of the value for your money is not how long the park is open but whether you have fun while you are there.

wedje

Original Poster
You make several good points.. Kids are 8 & 13 , fifth trip for oldest, third for youngest. Should have mentioned my daughter and son-in -law will also be with us. Like the other parks but magic kingdom is the best too us. Kids have always held up very well. We went to the party last trip and enjoyed it, Having fun is most important to us also. Just think 4 party nights per week is a little much and if you loke the kingdom at night that only allows 3 nights and everyone else is going those nights also. Just venting, thanks for comments.

wedje

Original Poster
Always get Park Hopper tickets. Have been to MNSSHP and it was worth the money. This is the only time of year that works for us. I love Disney but for me it has come to the point that I don't think it is worth the money for a weeks stay onsite when I can't get in my favorite park at night over 50 percent of the time that I'm there. Just my opinion . Not trying to change anybody elses. Hope everybody has good trip whenever they visit . I plan on making this trip good for us.

ppete1975

Always get Park Hopper tickets. Have been to MNSSHP and it was worth the money. This is the only time of year that works for us. I love Disney but for me it has come to the point that I don't think it is worth the money for a weeks stay onsite when I can't get in my favorite park at night over 50 percent of the time that I'm there. Just my opinion . Not trying to change anybody elses. Hope everybody has good trip whenever they visit . I plan on making this trip good for us.
I'm sorry I wasn't trying to come across as rude. That was just my advice, didn't realize you had done both. I would just go to magic kingdom till 7 then hit another park, but if that doesn't interest you then you are probably right. Might be the wrong time of year for you guys. I love the events and the fact its so less crowded, and I can walk on to everything. But it is a little much that its almost every night and they kick out people with valid tickets.

thomas998

You know you might also consider taking the kids to Universal too. Given the age of your grand kids the odds are good that they would enjoy Harry Potter World. The 13 year old is probably getting past the point of wanting extended time in MK... I know my oldest daughter stopped even wanting to go to Disney World around that age because she start thinking it was too childish. The 8 year old is probably still good for Disney for another few years.... but I really would consider asking the 13 year old if they are really excited to see Disney World again or not.

Nothing against Disney World, and for a while that was the only thing we did when we went to Orlando... and while I do get some pleasure in going to a place like Disney where I don't need a map to find things, it is nice to explore other areas around Orlando once in a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom