Last supper

dreamfinder

The first year I did the marathon, I stayed at All-Star Sports. They actually had bagged breakfast available the night before, since the food court doesn't open until after the busses leave for the start line. I believe for $5, they gave you a bagel, cream cheese/peanut butter, a banana, and a yogurt. And they had additional breakfast items for purchase, as well.

At this point, the resorts will usually have 1 breakfast window open morning of selling quick stuffs. Pretty much just the grab and go, but I saw it back in 2008 at POFQ. Brought my own in 2010 so I don't know that time, but they are supposed to be open.

Regarding my meal the night before, nothing crazy. I try to keep it simple and filling. Did the stuffed pepper at Prime Time 50's once, have also done grab & go from Wolfgang Pucks, and for the Food & Wine ate at BlueZoo a few hours before, had a salad and flatbread. Tasted really good, but the chocolate dessert assortment didn't sit so well. Pasta usually works cause its usually bland and filling. I would definitely recommend avoiding the atomic wings the night before, that could get messy.

fmingo36

Original Poster
The first year I did the marathon, I stayed at All-Star Sports. They actually had bagged breakfast available the night before, since the food court doesn't open until after the busses leave for the start line. I believe for $5, they gave you a bagel, cream cheese/peanut butter, a banana, and a yogurt. And they had additional breakfast items for purchase, as well.

They did that for the Princess 1/2 Marathon this this year as well.

fmingo36

Original Poster
Your from Jersey.

Half a dozen (real) bagels in a vacuum sealed bag in your luggage and some cream cheese from the food court and you are good to go.

Seriously - bagels will be coming with me.

-dave

I will definitely bringing a bagel or two with me. That's one good thing about not leaving till the day before, my bagel should still be semi-fresh on Marathon morning.

JillC LI

Just wondering----
Where do you eat the night before running in a Disney Race?

Well, as I've mentioned before, the night that I actually ran my one and only Disney race so far (the TOT13K last year), I ate ate Le Cellier immediately prior to the race, including everything from the pretzel breadsticks to the cheddar soup, to the filet mignon, to the smores dessert. It's a wonder I was able to roll myself out of the restaurant let alone run the race at 10pm that night! LOL. But I couldn't pass on trying any of those food items I had heard so much about since it was our first time at Le Cel.

As far as what I ate the night before I ran the marathon (not at Disney), I had plain chicken and pasta. The morning of the race I brought my usual apple and peanut butter to the holding area for breakfast while I waited a few hours for the race to begin. Stick with what you know for a race of that distance.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I have not done a Disney marathon yet, but my best running performance was in the morning after having a 10oz New York Strip steak, potato wedges, and vegetables the night before.

Phonedave

Central as well, on the beach, exit 98 off parkway. Smack -dab in yuppie-ville.

I have friends in Brick, wave to them as you run by. :)

I happen to be south of my areas yuppie-ville. Well maybe stinking-rich ville. I would run in that area but I don't want to be arrested :) Seriously, Route 9W is one of, if not the, most popular bike routes in NJ. When I drive it on a weekend I pass dozens of bikes that are worth more than my car.

If you feel like moving up here, and want to live in the next town over, Bubble Hill (Eddie Murphy's place) is still available for a cool $12.7 M

http://www.prominentproperties.com/idx.cfm?action=dsp.info&listingSystem=njmls&mlsnum=2939836

I think his pool shed is larger than my condo.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I have friends in Brick, wave to them as you run by. :)

I happen to be south of my areas yuppie-ville. Well maybe stinking-rich ville. I would run in that area but I don't want to be arrested :) Seriously, Route 9W is one of, if not the, most popular bike routes in NJ. When I drive it on a weekend I pass dozens of bikes that are worth more than my car.

If you feel like moving up here, and want to live in the next town over, Bubble Hill (Eddie Murphy's place) is still available for a cool $12.7 M

http://www.prominentproperties.com/idx.cfm?action=dsp.info&listingSystem=njmls&mlsnum=2939836

I think his pool shed is larger than my condo.

-dave
LOL. My wife has family in Brick as well. I run into Springsteen all the time where I live and at the bookstore and he's great; just say hi and no big deal. And Bon Jovi is just not that nice :lookaroun

My house and property could easily fit inside the driveway of some of the houses around here. Well, at least if I get hit by a car while running, chances are it'll be a Maserati, and I'll sue the hell out of that guy, right around the corner of ___ Blvd and ___street...:lookaroun

fmingo36

Original Poster
lol.
My house and property could easily fit inside the driveway of some of the houses around here. Well, at least if i get hit by a car while running, chances are it'll be a maserati, and i'll sue the hell out of that guy, right around the corner of ___ blvd and ___street...:lookaroun

:roflol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom