Last night Event

MagicalMonorail

My family is looking for something special to do on the last night of our trip in July. We are considering either Mickey's Backyard BBQ at Fort Wilderness or the Luau at the Polynesian. Which of these two would you recommend? Also, is there any other activity you suggest doing? Thanks for any input!

The_CEO

Let me say that Ohana's at the Polynesian Resort is EXCELLENT!!! 10 outa 10! The food is all you can eat pork,steak, and grilled shrimp. The service is fast, and our waiter was hilarious. Entertained us the whole time. I would suggest that for anyone who wants a great last disney night meal. Request a window table and get a spectacular view of the Magic Kingdom and watch the fireworks! Have Fun! :)

Upvote 0

DiPSU224

Out of those 2 activites, I would suggest the Spirit of Aloha luau at the Polynesian. We attended this last year for the first time and had a lot of fun. I would try to get seating at the first show so you can still catch the fireworks later that night.
I also agree with CEO about Ohana's. It has great food, great atmosphere and some of the most friendly CM's I've encounted at Disney. Have fun! :)

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Spirit or Hoop de do

I think you would do well with either Spirit of Aloha or Hoop de do Review (at Fort Wilderness). Both are generally similar....dinner show, family style all you can eat, interactive and just fun.

Mickey's barbeque just doesn't match up to these two, and with the characters, it tends to get pushy and congested.

Bit of a deviation, but dinner at Cinderella's Castle is a special touch.

Upvote 0

wolf29

ClemsonTigger is 100% correct. We attended Mickey's BBQ on the last night of our trip in May and it was the only disappointment of the entire trip. The food was mediocre at best, but worst of all, the character appearence turned into nothing more than a pushy autograph session. We have heard nothing but great things about Ohana and will be doing that or Hoop Dee Doo on the last evening of our upcoming trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom