fotolia_4171166_XS.jpg

pc-of-miami-wasp.jpg

mosquitoes--b9c64421a25b7f87.jpg

0fedba07dfd66afbb40469537f2b34fb.jpg

southern_house_spider04.jpg

tcool123

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 3 : The One Where I Bend

That's right, this is back! And last time on the Last Days of Summer we saw the Sensational Six almost eating lunch on the floor, chanting kong, and BUTTERBEER!!!!!!! Now what happened this weekend on the Last Days of Summer?

It was raining cats and dogs, and we refused to repeat Poseidon's Fury because you can only handle so much of that show. So I won out by suggesting to do the Cat in the Hat, the only ride nearby that was open. We raided the backpack carried by Cousin P, I grabbed a poncho along with the girlfriend. Mother brought out her umbrella, and Cousin P brought out his to share with Cousin F. However Brother decided that rain would not melt him because he isn't 100% wicked. We went on our way to Seuss Landing being the only ones walking down the path. Through rain or shine, we are determined to have a great time.

Cat in Hat.jpg

Yup you read right, I fell. My sandals are more than half my age, but I wear them everywhere. The bottom of my sandals are jut smooth now, throw in wet concrete that is even smoother than my sandals, and you get the picture. As I was about to reach the hat of the show building, I slipped. Apparently I was making split with one of my feet making a hole, and one of my arms causing another hole, my last arm actually caught myself. So I got up, and walked it off. My group laughed as we went through the line, and the ride was pretty accurate on describing the weather outside. As we ventured outside, it had stopped raining! However The Incredible Hulk was not yet operating, so we entered If I Ran the Zoo through the exit.

Playground 4.jpg

We renenacted some photos as a kid, as I rocked the cow looking thing back and forth because not going to lie it was a lot of fun. We went around taking pictures, and in general having fun.

Soon we were on our way to Super Hero Island, and our first stop was Storm Force because it was open. No one, but me wanted to ride so mother dearest forced brother to ride with me. We waited a whopping five minutes, and soon got on. Needless to say once we got to spinning, I couldn't move due to how fast my brother was spinning. As we get off mother informed me that we were both very pale, and I was also sick, but didn't want to let brother know. Off the cousins and the lovebirds went to ride Hulk while mother dearest and I waited for them nearby. I walked around taking in the view, and looking for an ICEE. Apparently I had missed it because it was literally right in front of us. Well I drank my ICEE as we waited for the four to finish the Hulk.

Eventually they got out after about a hour, and we were on our way to the last ride of the day Spiderman! And we rode it, and we loved it. We promptly left the park, and.....

latest

Attachments

• Playground.jpg
    Playground.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 24

Suchomimus

It was raining cats and dogs, and we refused to repeat Poseidon's Fury because you can only handle so much of that show.​
Too true; I don't know why, but Universal hasn't done anything to improve that show like bringing back the Zeus vs. Poseidon theme of the show or reworking the quality of the SFX. I don't know why I think this is the most likely reason why they're doing it.
landscape-1479830633-evil-kermit-memes.jpg

Universal: Posideon's Fury needs to be improved.
Evil Universal: Keep it the way it is.

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
Day 2 Part 4 : The One Where Penelope Happens

We left the park, and headed for Toothsome. It was 7 PM, and the wait was two hours. My mom was annoyed, and wanted to eat elsewhere. However the majority one out, and she sat on a bench far away from us. And thus began our wait for Toothsome; which was technically not open, but in soft.

Toothsome1.1.jpg

After the lovely two hour wait our party of six was seated at the back of the restaurant all the way to the left in a corner. Our server Haraj from Morocco greeted us, and we immediately ordered as we had been fasting to save room for this restaurant I had hyped up. The girlfriend ordered some artichoke rolls, and they gave us the wrong order so they gave us the right one. I ordered some chocolate almond bread which was divine however there's one thing about the bread we'll get back too. Mother dearest ordered the French Onion Soup, and Brother ordered the Cheddar Broccoli Soup. Then we actually looked at the menu because we were so hangry we ordered appetizers right away.

Toothsome 3.jpg

Toothsome 4.jpg

Soon everyone had their appetizers except for me, but we all agreed it was probably because it was so popular or something along those lines. Soon everyone, but me had their appetizers, and if you noticed he never asked what we wanted to drink. He came by, and my brother ordered an Iced Tea, and inquired about my bread. He forgot to tell them to make it... The server then left forgetting to get everyone else's drinks. He came back with a loaf of the bread, and to our surprise an extra loaf for free! This time we all ordered our drinks mostly water, but Mother ordered Sprite. We were going to order milkshakes, but there was issue and too many people had been ordering it so off the menu! To alleviate the 90 minute wait for a milkshake of course. As we ate our bread, the star of the dinner came along. Penelope Toothsome!

Toothsome 2.jpg

She was stupendous, and really great I was just chatting with her. Since I was so apparently flustered (it was the accent), I told her that we were from the south. The girlfriend started to die of laughter; Penelope was concerned, and I told her she's been like this the whole day. This did not help the girlfriend, and she laughed even harder. Penelope asked if she knew a doctor, and I replied she already had one. He gave her medication, but it ran out. I can't say what else we chitchatted about, but it involved the word chocolate. As for the rest of the trip along with KONG! KONG! KONG!, we would say chocolate in a Brittish accent whenever someone would call us.

Finally our entrees arrived! (No pics)
Mom : Chicken Bu-something, it was much better than mine, but I declined to switch with her.
Cousins F and P : The risotto, it was too watery and had no flavor. They ended up comping Cousin Fs meal, and offered a free one, but he declined.
Girlfriend : Seafood Macaroni, she said it was good. She didn't really rave about it, and said there's better at Miami.
Brother : The Blue Burger, he said it was one of the best burgers he's ever eaten.
Me : Gnocchi and Chicken with Mole Sauce, was a really bad flavor as the Mole Sauce was nasty. However the chicken and gnocchi were rather good. I ate the whole thing so my brother couldn't say you don't like anything. I made it seem like I loved it :depressed:

Now time for dessert! I ordered a Brookie, but no one else got anything. The lovebirds left to get milkshakes. The brookie was okay, but nothing out of the ordinary. As we paid our bill, and walked out the girlfriend got a Banana Vanilla Milkshake. It was very over the top, but it was really delicious especially with the chocolate coated banana on top of it. Yes you read right a whole banana on top of a milkshake. Plus you could keep the cup it comes in! Overall, I rate it 3.5 out of 5 stars. We'll go back once the excitement for it dies down a bit. We left the restaurant close to midnight, and caught the bus back to our hotel. Once again I was locked in the bathroom working on my AP Computer Science homework. At 2 AM when I finished, I went to bed.

Tune in next time for the finale of Last Days of Summer!​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom