Last 2 Weeks in October

a2grafix

My last time at WDW was a mid-to-late October trip in 2007 -- Oct. 21-26.

For the first set of days, through the Tuesday, it was pretty warm -- highs in the low 90s, moderately high humidity, and lows in the lower 70s.

A cool front did move through, triggering rain, not like a downpour, but steady, for some of the evening. Wednesday - Friday it was partly to mostly cloudy with highs in the upper 70s, low 80s, moderately low humidity, and lows in the upper 60s.

I was told by my friend who lives in Florida, it had been somewhat hot throughout October in 2007 and everyone was welcoming the cooler temps.

So, not too bad, I would say. To me, though, it was perfect and did not mind. The weather got better as the weekend approached, but I was gone by 3 p.m. for the airport.

Crowds you say? Well, they were pretty okay. Monday - Wednesday at WDW and Universal -- small wait times. Heck, Universal had like a 5-minute wait time to get on most of the rides! It took us longer to walk through the line just to get to Hulk, Spiderman, Dueling Dragons, Twister, etc.

Thursday - Friday the crowds grew and the lines got moderately long (back at WDW) -- 40-50 for Soarin, 25 or so for ToT, 50 for Mission:Space. I noticed an uptick Thursday and Friday before I left.

Check the sky as the week progressed I was down there --

Perfect, hot and sunny
tower2.jpg

Ditto
hulk.jpg

Space Shuttle launch
shuttlelaunch1138.jpg

Pretty okay, but rain on the way
missionspace.jpg

The rain has arrived
france.jpg

Doesn't look good
boardwalkfrombeach.jpg

Overcast Wednesday after front moved through
yeti4.jpg

Overcast Thursday morning
waltandmickey.jpg

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

Temperatures can be hotter than that, but it's usually not that bad. Kinda like wearing shorts during the day and needing a light sweater at night. I have been there in late October during weather I know should only be happening in August!

If you're expecting deserted parks, you're going to be disappointed. There are good-sized crowds, though (IMHO) it's not too bad.

My friends and I also do a late October trip but that has to be pushed up a few weeks this year. I'll be in the parks the week of Columbus Day and I've heard that is a busy time. Anyone?

Good luck, and have a blast!

Upvote 0

tink68

Temperatures can be hotter than that, but it's usually not that bad. Kinda like wearing shorts during the day and needing a light sweater at night. I have been there in late October during weather I know should only be happening in August!

If you're expecting deserted parks, you're going to be disappointed. There are good-sized crowds, though (IMHO) it's not too bad.

My friends and I also do a late October trip but that has to be pushed up a few weeks this year. I'll be in the parks the week of Columbus Day and I've heard that is a busy time. Anyone?

Good luck, and have a blast!

We were there last year thru the Columbus Day weekend and left on that day. We are doing the same thing this year. Crowds were there but not nearly like summer. Do not know about the rest of the week though. We will be at the Contemporary also. Have fun! :sohappy:
Sheri

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom