Lasseter Taking Leave of Absence

TwilightZone

Hollywood is a disgusting pigsty. Feel bad for Docter who has to clean up this mess laid by Lasseter. I also feel like Iger's not getting enough blame for Lasseter here. It's clear he knew what was going on yet ignored it.
And Eisner. Sure disney didn't buy pixar at the time, but I'm pretty sure they were heavily involved with it behind the scenes and what not.

TROR

And Eisner. Sure disney didn't buy pixar at the time, but I'm pretty sure they were heavily involved with it behind the scenes and what not.
I've gotten the impression that a lot of this activity was more in the last ten years, but even if it was all the way back to the 90's with Lasseter I'm just not sure how much say Eisner would've had in having Lasseter ousted.

Here's an interesting moral dilemma: Let's say Lasseter was fired in the 90's due to sexual harassment claims and, as a result, Pixar never really takes off the ground. Is having kept quiet about Lasseter's behavior then justified by the countless jobs that Pixar has created as well as the lives the studio has influenced? I'm not going to say my stance, but it's an interesting situation to ponder.

Curious Constance

1530140494578.png

How could a guy that plays with toys be creepy?

SuddenStorm

LOL. I'm trying not to judge, but there's something about him that I've always found unappealing. 🤔 Just look at him in that photo unironically clutching two dolls.

To be fair, those are two dolls that he had a direct hand in creating. He helped craft their stories, and those two dolls helped launch one of the most respected animation studios of all time.

Not to mention the hundreds of millions of dollars in box office sales and merchandise the Toy Story franchise has generated as well.

If I were in his situation, I'd be holding those two dolls unironically as well.

D

Deleted member 107043

To be fair, those are two dolls that he had a direct hand in creating. He helped craft their stories, and those two dolls helped launch one of the most respected animation studios of all time.

It isn't that he's holding dolls, it's the way he's holding them that I find odd. I have no idea what's going on in the photo, but to me he looks like he might be tipsy. And what the heck is he doing on a red carpet with dolls anyway? Maybe it's his eccentric nature that I'm having a reaction to, I dunno.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom