Lasers back on in Dinosaur

nicknick553

I'm not sure about this one because Yeti was something that could easily be thought was moving to the inexperienced guest but lasers? That's something huge that you'd have to either be playing a prank or have some serious vision problems

Rob562

Does anyone have video of them actually working (not necessarily from today, but in general).

Martin's tribute video has them.

Fast-forward to the 12-minute mark.

I wonder if it's the rotating "scanner" effect on the first curve after Load that's back on, and someone overreacted with "OMG THE LASERS ARE BACK ON!!!!!!"

I'm sure there will be others who will get there before me, but I'll check it out in two weeks. (And I know what most of the effects are *supposed* to look like, so I'm not typically one to get confused by what's working and what isn't)

-Rob

ctxak98

Martin's tribute video has them.

Fast-forward to the 12-minute mark.

I wonder if it's the rotating "scanner" effect on the first curve after Load that's back on, and someone overreacted with "OMG THE LASERS ARE BACK ON!!!!!!"

I'm sure there will be others who will get there before me, but I'll check it out in two weeks. (And I know what most of the effects are *supposed* to look like, so I'm not typically one to get confused by what's working and what isn't)

-Rob

I think the load lasers have been on for a couple years now! or atleast the past year! If those lasers are back on! omg this could mean they actually CARE about ride maintenance again. This ride show how little they care about SMALL details anymore. Everything broken in this ride is minor...BUT would be so much better I they all worked again!....Im talking to you guys Ceardactylus and Compsognathus!

ctxak98

I didn't notice any lasers this week. The Ride was running in pretty good condition though. Doors Working, Alioramus working, etc...
If you watch the alioramus movement in old videos like Martins and then like NOW on youtube...you can see even his movement now is toned down! such a shame. Same goes for the Sauropod!

The Empress Lilly

Meh, those lasers aren't working or I'll change my name to jt05.

So sad. Dinosaur is a mistaken copy of indy to begin with, was changed much for the worse to tie it in with the already forgotten movie of 'Dinosaur', and today runs in the worst condition of all rides in DAK - and that's saying something considering it is up against some pretty stiff competition from Everest and Kali.

Weather_Lady

If you watch the alioramus movement in old videos like Martins and then like NOW on youtube...you can see even his movement now is toned down! such a shame. Same goes for the Sauropod!

I'll say. It wasn't moving a muscle when we saw it in October (must have been broken completely that day). It was one of the first things we saw, and it made a very disappointing and, frankly, stupid-looking first impression. The four of us got off at the end of the attraction and said, "really, that's IT!??!" I wish I'd seen the original incarnation -- from the looks of the video above, it was much richer and more impressive before.

lego606

MagicBandit
Original Poster

-Rob

According to them that's what it was. Originally i thought it was the "field" lasers (so i overreacted, sorry :()Still though if they fixed those little stuff it could be indicative of the beginning of a change in TDO's philosophy. https://twitter.com/disneyhipsters/status/335482264303575041

MissAlmyra

I'll say. It wasn't moving a muscle when we saw it in October (must have been broken completely that day). It was one of the first things we saw, and it made a very disappointing and, frankly, stupid-looking first impression. The four of us got off at the end of the attraction and said, "really, that's IT!??!" I wish I'd seen the original incarnation -- from the looks of the video above, it was much richer and more impressive before.

I had the exact same thing happen on my trip last October! Without him working it made a very poor first impression of the attraction.

Hobnail Boot

Totally misread the posting title. I thought it had to do with putting lasers on the backs of dinosaurs?? Now that would be cool.
Here you go! :D

dinoriders1.jpg

Alektronic

I think the load lasers have been on for a couple years now! or atleast the past year! If those lasers are back on! omg this could mean they actually CARE about ride maintenance again. This ride show how little they care about SMALL details anymore. Everything broken in this ride is minor...BUT would be so much better I they all worked again!....Im talking to you guys Ceardactylus and Compsognathus!

There are no load lasers. There are 2 Cyberlights above the entry and exit trackswitches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom