Large group/convention in Mid-October

LaughingGravy

Original Poster
There is some large group that has traditionally arrived 2nd week in October where most of the Disney resorts are booked (also by this group). Could anyone tell me what it group it might be besides In'tl Food and Wine festival?
Any one company likely? We're having a little trouble trying to get reservations. I hear many of them stay at the Dolphin if that's any help. If anyone knows who this group is, could you advise on their history/behavior as we would like to stay at the Dolphin?

speck76

The Gartner Group Oct 16-21 this year at the Dolphin

Orlando typically has a bunch of large citywide conventions in the fall, but not this year......

artdude323

The Common Ground forums meet at that time every year, but there's not more than a couple hundred of them, and they're pretty well behaved.

ljs1691

Well, many of the school systems in the southeast have Fall Break that lasts one or two weeks during the first three weeks of the month. This seems to be getting more common as schools around here are going to a shorter summer break in order to get a fall break.

We were there last October and it was packed. Many resorts were at 100% capacity during that time. I would say you are seeing the same thing with trying to get reservations this year.

Families are traveling again, and well.....why not go to Disney World!!!

Good Luck.

tigger1968

Fall break for both Alabama and Tennessee is the week of October 10th thru the 14th. I know this because that is the only time we could get all 12 of us in the family together for a Grand Gathering! :D See ya down there!

JPVonDrake

There are normally dozens of very large convention groups staying at Walt Disney World Resorts anytime throughout the year. Most do tend to stick to the Convention Resorts however. The good part is most of these conventioneers are attending meetings and seminars during the day so it does not affect Theme Park attendance.

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom