Lanyards and Hard passes?

DrummerAlly

We are traveling with three kids and will have a DAS pass. I hate using my phone all the time and am pretty technologically challenged. I’m thinking of asking for hard tickets and having us wear them on lanyards for easy access into the parks and then the constant tapping in through lightning lanes. (Similar to how we do it when we visit Universal). Will we look silly in Disney using lanyards / hard tickets instead of the app for everything? Will they give us hard passes?

I recognize I’ll still need to book our next ride with the app for the DAS, but I can handle that.

JIMINYCR

DW being in a w/c has a difficult time at some of the attractions she can do to get her MB scanned due to the angle she is at so she prefers having a hard ticket which is easier for her. Dont worry about how it looks or how others see it. If it makes life easier for you and it makes your trip better to handle, do it.

Upvote 0

jaklgreen

Yes, they will give you a hard ticket. If you are staying on property, they can give you one at the resort also. I would pick a hard ticket over the phone option any day if you are dealing with kids also. It is one thing to tap your phone for just yourself, but gets to be a pain when you have to keep switching it to every member of your family. A hard ticket would be much faster. As far as lanyards go, that is personal. Some people don't like the strap rubbing against their sweaty necks all day and it can become irritating. Not to mention that after a day or two, they get nasty with all of the sweat and sunblock. I would just hold onto the tickets in your pocket or bag and hand them out to tap into the ride and collect them back again. You are really only going to need to do this a couple of times an hour, if you are lucky enough to get on rides that quick.
Depending on how long your trip is, it might be worth it to buy the cheaper magic bands.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom