Land and Sea -- In What Order?

lostpro9het

All this talk of bookending the cruise with trips to the parks got me thinking... Why not bookend a park visit with 2 cruises? 3NT Bahamas, 3-4NT in the parks, 4NT Bahamas... I think this might be a future itinerary for me.
59658841.jpg

The90skid

On my most recent trip, I did the sea-land combo. I was completely exhausted by the end of the trip, but it was still a good time!

Phonedave

There are benefits and drawbacks to either way.

I have done parks before, after, and bookended. I like parks after personally. Parks before seems to be a waste for me. Usually we are so excited about the upcoming cruise that it sort of overshadows the parks. Also, if you take Disney transport from the parks, you end up boarding the ship later. I prefer to arrive the day before and either stay at the airport (if using Disney transport) or rent a car and stay near the port. They way you can get on board early.

Parks after is nice because, unless you get a good flight time, you end up spending hours at the airport. It's also nice because a few days at the parks are a nice transition to the end of vacation. We usually take a later flight so we can do some things, even if it is only Disney Springs on the day we leave. The last day on the ship is hurry up and get off.

-dave

ToTBellHop

There are benefits and drawbacks to either way.

I have done parks before, after, and bookended. I like parks after personally. Parks before seems to be a waste for me. Usually we are so excited about the upcoming cruise that it sort of overshadows the parks. Also, if you take Disney transport from the parks, you end up boarding the ship later. I prefer to arrive the day before and either stay at the airport (if using Disney transport) or rent a car and stay near the port. They way you can get on board early.

Parks after is nice because, unless you get a good flight time, you end up spending hours at the airport. It's also nice because a few days at the parks are a nice transition to the end of vacation. We usually take a later flight so we can do some things, even if it is only Disney Springs on the day we leave. The last day on the ship is hurry up and get off.

-dave
Happy to hear you say this about after the cruise. We just booked our first Disney Cruise and I had this exact conversation with my wife about not wanting to sit in the airport for hours on debarkation day. She agreed that maybe we could try Saratoga for a night and just do Disney Springs since we will be doing the parks for a few days before the cruise and our APs page for expire on embarkation day. Looking forward to trying Disney as all of our previous cruises have been Carnival.

Phonedave

Happy to hear you say this about after the cruise. We just booked our first Disney Cruise and I had this exact conversation with my wife about not wanting to sit in the airport for hours on debarkation day. She agreed that maybe we could try Saratoga for a night and just do Disney Springs since we will be doing the parks for a few days before the cruise and our APs page for expire on embarkation day. Looking forward to trying Disney as all of our previous cruises have been Carnival.

If you really want to do Disney Springs and try SSR, by all means do so. But if you are just looking so stuff to do on debarkation day so you don't have to sit in MCO, then you might want to just stay at one of the hotels across from Disney Springs. Just because you are in SSR does not mean you will be close, you could end up way on the other side of the resort.

OF course you have to look at cost. With SSR comes free DME transfers to the airport. Offsite you would have to get there on your own. Of course you could always rent a car in Cape Canaveral and drive to WDW, and then drive to the airport and return it there. That way too, since you would not be entering the parks, you could do other things in and around the Orlando area. If you were planning on taking Disney transfers to SSR, they are about $75 per person. You should be able to get a rental car for that $150.

Just some ideas to think about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom