Ladies should I chop my long hair off before or after my August WDW trip?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I've been growing my hair for about 18 months and it has gotten quite long and I thought I'd like it long to get it up and out of the way and also it would be easier for my trip. But lately its actually been driving me more nuts thanwhen it was shorter and I'm getting it colored in a few weeks and am considering getting a buzz cut or a super short pixie cut but now I'm torn because I wonder if that's the right move to make just a month before my trip or if I should suck it up and not do the big chop until I get back.
In your opinion would Disney in August be better with long hair up in a pony tail or super short hair?

Queen of the WDW Scene

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
If you are not used to the heat with longer hair I would say cut it shorter before travelling.

I've been in August a number of times. It's almost ways been with that in between hair so it's on my neck and getting very sweaty and stringy.
I will say though I also just realized I think I'm getting headaches and neck pain from tossing my hair up all the time now and recalled a time that it felt so good to take my hair down at the end of the day during one of my trips so that may be enough to convince me to cut it super short.

Last edited:

Songbird76

I've been growing my hair for about 18 months and it has gotten quite long and I thought I'd like it long to get it up and out of the way and also it would be easier for my trip. But lately its actually been driving me more nuts thanwhen it was shorter and I'm getting it colored in a few weeks and am considering getting a buzz cut or a super short pixie cut but now I'm torn because I wonder if that's the right move to make just a month before my trip or if I should suck it up and not do the big chop until I get back.
In your opinion would Disney in August be better with long hair up in a pony tail or super short hair?
Personally, I've always waited until after Disney to chop because I need to not have hair sticking to my neck. I combat the headaches by tying it back in a braid rather than the weight of a ponytail or braid. But that's just me. How easily do you sunburn? If it's super short, that could be an issue. The other side of that is that you don't have to style it every day if it's short. Wash and go. I've never cut mine shorter than chin length. I generally grow it out for 3 or 4 years and then chop it to chin length and donate it. But I chopped it once before Disney and I was miserable not being able to tie it back. So now I always wait and I just put it in a braid every morning to keep it out of my face and off my neck. But I don't think super short hair would suit me, so I'd only do that for a sponsored cut, like for cancer or something where I could donate the hair. But I also burn really easily with my fair skin, so that's something to consider. The sun in Florida is pretty intense... If you like hats, that might be your best bet. Buzz it and wear a hat. No sunburn, and easy to take care of.

HouCuseChickie

As a person who has never been able to pull off the short hair look, I wear mine in a big bun on the top of my head. While it's probably higher maintenance than a short cut, it's cooler than a ponytail and still keeps the hair out of my eyes. We're going to be outside in triple digit heat all weekend and it'll be my go-to "style" for the weekend.

Figgy1

Premium Member
IMHO if you're going to do a pixie I'd do it a week before the trip so you have wash and go hair that won't be at the in-between stage

jaklgreen

I always chop my hair before I go. It is just barely long enough to pull back into a small pony. I hate having long hair around my neck anyway so it never really get too long. But it is nice to not have the extra weight and heat to deal with. I have thick hair if that matters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom