Labor Day Weekend 2017

paigelovesdisney

Hi all!

First time poster here! I've been reading the forums for a long time and have always used your guys advice to book my trips in the past :)

We live in South Florida and are planning to take our 2 year old to Disney World (and possibly my parents) either Labor Day weekend or the following weekend. Is Labor Day weekend crazy busy? We can go the following weekend but we wouldn't be able to stay as long as we won't have days off from work.

Input welcome ASAP as I am booking today!

Last edited:

Tk0021

We are making our second WDW trip this Labor Day weekend. We are pulling our DD6 out of school to go. They will be just staring so she will not miss much. I wanted to go later in September but my parents are coming along and they wanted to do early September. We are avoiding EPCOT because of the F&WF and we are going to MK most days but we are going to AK. We'll see how bad the crowds out there with Pandora.

Upvote 0

EPICOT

Looks like MK hours for the Sunday before Labor Day (9/3/2017) were extended by 2 hours for an 11pm close. Seems this could be a sign for a very busy weekend.

Upvote 0

Tk0021

Looks like MK hours for the Sunday before Labor Day (9/3/2017) were extended by 2 hours for an 11pm close. Seems this could be a sign for a very busy weekend.
This is the only day I am not going to MK on that weekend. That's our AK day.:bawling:

At least they extended Saturday's hours to 11:00 also. :)

Upvote 0

paigelovesdisney

Original Poster
We took the advice from earlier in the thread and are all booked to go the weekend after
Labor Day weekend because we are taking our 2yr old for the first time. Booked the cabins
and Boardwalk Villas. Does anyone expect the weekend AFTER Labor Day to be busy?

Upvote 0

DisneyGigi

This will be our 5th trip during Labor Day. The weekends are busier but it falls off on Labor Day. Monday-Thursday is very pleasant. Crowds pick back up on Friday and Saturday following Labor Day. At least it has been the years we went. 2007,2008, 2014, 2015.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I'm glad they extended the hours, but now I'm nervous about the crowds!
They extended the hours last year during that weekend as well, but MK was open even later, until midnight. I was at MK that Sunday 9/4 and had an amazing time. My family left to go back to the resort and I stayed. The crowds were low but I think it was mostly because of the rain. It finally stopped raining and it was so nice and the park was basically cleared out. We didn't find the weekend crowds to be TOO bad last year. But after Labor Day was when it was really great.. the crowds disappeared.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom