Kubo and the Two Strings

andysol

Original Poster
Just watched this tonight. No Disney- it's actually only the 4th film from Laika studios who did coralline, paranorman, and box trolls. Thought I'd share it as I'm hoping word of mouth makes it more successful as it deserves it.

Absolutely brilliant for any film- but particularly a family animated film. A+, and my favorite animated film in years.
The animation is the best I've ever seen when you take into account how they made it. Really, this isn't even debated. Might not be your style, but there isn't a better technical achievement to date.
Acting was pitch perfect too with Theron running away with it. Such a soft but strong voice.
Story was great for me, as I relate to it quite a bit personally.

Pacing was the only issue- and a minor one at that. Dragged a little long and ended a little too quick. But all around, a masterful performance and stunning film. Easily the best animated film of the year and arguably of the decade.

The worst part? Only ~15 people at a 4:30Pm Friday showing in the theater. I wish this was a commercial success, but alas it's a laika film...
Even with that few people, they all clapped at the end!

Edited: sorry- just noticed there is ANOTHER movie thread. Could a mod please move to the appropriate section?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom