Kouzzina by Cat Cora closing permanently at the end of September

doctornick

As long as there is a new restaurant in the space, not a big deal.

I agree with others that the Boardwalk is not easy to get to for most folks. And it is ironically located right next to WS, which is the one theme park area that does not need any additional nearby food offerings. If the Boardwalk was located right outside (say) DAK, I think it would help both the theme park and the entertainment district.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Never got to eat there, and now I guess I never will.

Does the closing reflect a lack of business, or just a desire to do something different on the part of either Disney or chef Cat Cora?

It probably does not fit the tastes of the average Disney Guest - Burgers/Chicken nuggets seem to be the preferred cuisine with steaks at the upper end. However Disney DOES do a really good pot roast never figured how Disney has allowed that to remain unchanged over the years.

ToTBellHop

As long as there is a new restaurant in the space, not a big deal.

I agree with others that the Boardwalk is not easy to get to for most folks. And it is ironically located right next to WS, which is the one theme park area that does not need any additional nearby food offerings. If the Boardwalk was located right outside (say) DAK, I think it would help both the theme park and the entertainment district.
Boardwalk should have been a MK resort on the monorail line...

GrumpyFan

The menu for Kouzzina never really resonated with us, so we never tried it. But, we were big fans of Spoodles. I'm a bit sad now that we didn't give it a try.
I have to wonder though, if maybe they're working with her on moving it or maybe a new concept for Disney Springs.

Curious now as to what will replace it.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The menu for Kouzzina never really resonated with us, so we never tried it. But, we were big fans of Spoodles. I'm a bit sad now that we didn't give it a try.
I have to wonder though, if maybe they're working with her on moving it or maybe a new concept for Disney Springs.

Cat just opened a new restaurant in Singapore so she may be going international instead of concentrating on the US.

ToTBellHop

If the replacement is opening in "late 2014" and this closes Sept. 30th, the replacement will likely be Kouzzina with new paint, new chairs, and a new menu (which is pretty much what Kouzzina was compared to Spoodles). Maybe a fancy looking McDonald's.

Or a Starbucks. With seating.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom