Kingdom Hearts 2 Censored

bigbadwolf

Original Poster
Yes the game is still amazing, but why did they have to censor the game?!
Here is a list from wikipedia.org-

*The Hydra has its green blood from the Japanese version changed into black and purple smoke in the English version.
*Xigbar's telescopic sight view has been edited from the Japanese version to replace its crosshair with three circles and remove the black shading around the sides that implied a telescopic sight.
*The guns of pirates found in the Pirates of the Carribean world in the Japanese version have been altered into crossbows.
*Scenes in the Pirates of the Carribean world have been edited to remove some of the violence.
*Undead pirates do not react adversely to Fire magic as they would in the Japanese version.

FigmentJedi

Well, they wanted it to be at least E-10. We can't go around having a game with Winnie the Pooh in it being T now can we :rolleyes:?

bigbadwolf

Original Poster
Tahu said:
Well, they wanted it to be at least E-10. We can't go around having a game with Winnie the Pooh in it being T now can we :rolleyes:?

Well POTC was PG-13

KH Really isn't directed toward children that age anyway. With guns, drama, people dieing, and enough violence. Really I didn't notice it was missing anything. But taking away the pirates guns... ehhh... thats a little too far... and so was taking the blood from the hydra boss, which by the way in the Hercules movie did have much of. Now Winnie the Pooh is just a side mission, and with all the violence and drama with the other worlds, Winnie the Poohs world was soo soo much more different. Which is a good thing because it was the only world that seemed peaceful. If you play the game and get there you will see for yourself. Pooh even tries to make Sora stay, and of course Sora feels bad about leaving Pooh there and promises to return.

FigmentJedi

I was being sarcastic. I have the game after all. And more then likely if they didn't change the guns, Jack Thompson would be on the rampage again after Disney going "ZOMG! DiSnEy's gunna maKe kids become Pirates and shoot people!"

Mr Bill

I think Jack Thompson has finally crawled back into his hole, but if he was still around, he'd probably be the first person to make that claim. He'd also conveniently ignore the fact that guns appear in a ride visited by hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of children a year, that a movie that the level in that game is based on, is based on. Because video games are the only things that encourage negative behavior.

imagineer boy

That's odd. Clayton in the Tarzan level of the last game had a gun that he shot you with. Why did it have to be so different in this one?

bigbadwolf

Original Poster
imagineer boy said:
That's odd. Clayton in the Tarzan level of the last game had a gun that he shot you with. Why did it have to be so different in this one?

Probably since then video game violence has been targeted like crazy. Since GTA had that "hot coffie" mod, well you get the picture. :mad:

Figment571

bigbadwolf said:
Yes the game is still amazing, but why did they have to censor the game?!
Here is a list from wikipedia.org-

*The Hydra has its green blood from the Japanese version changed into black and purple smoke in the English version.
*Xigbar's telescopic sight view has been edited from the Japanese version to replace its crosshair with three circles and remove the black shading around the sides that implied a telescopic sight.
*The guns of pirates found in the Pirates of the Carribean world in the Japanese version have been altered into crossbows.
*Scenes in the Pirates of the Carribean world have been edited to remove some of the violence.
*Undead pirates do not react adversely to Fire magic as they would in the Japanese version.

We all have to be SEEENNNSSSSIIIITTTTIIIVVEEE. We can't make anyone angry or mad. IT'S DUMB!!!!!:fork: @$#$#^%#$%$#%^$!!!

EnvyGreen

*sigh* the Japanese versions are always better.

last game, they got sora's necklace when they purchased the game. and they also had a special scene, and an even better secret ending than another side, another story.

but i will say, Japanese sora's singing voice is to die for adorable. not saying that our haley didnt make me giggle like the fangirl i am.

which reminds me, any idea why kingdom hearts isnt such a "big thing" at the parks? the most ive ever seen of it were a commercial for it in DTD, the game on the bottom shelf of a display for movies/music, and a character sora http://www.risingsun.net/albums/cs36/source/cs36-1317.shtml at a mnsshp in 04.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom