kids meals if you are not a kid?

twoweirdos

Original Poster
last time DH and I went to WDW..the counter or QS type places would let adults order kids meals(I guess either it not mattering or them assuming I was buying for my child)
is this still the same?

MissM

They never check or ask who the child meal is for. You're more than welcome to order a kid's meal for yourself at any counter service location without problem.

twoweirdos

Original Poster
i also remember at Sea world they had kids meals in a souveneir type container...a dolphin...tiger head...etc
Does Disney do this?I seem to remember no,,,it was just the food and drink

Dwarful

We have done this before. The best selection for kids meals (imo) is Seasons at the Land in Epcot. Otherwise it has pretty much gone down to hot dogs, tiny chicken nuggets and hamburgers. The only places that 'give' anything is the water parks and Hurrican Hannah's at YC as far as I know. AK used to give a little squirt water toy but I don't think they've done that for quite some time.

tink33

I would love to order off the kid's menu. I called the wdw dine # and was told if I ordered a kid's meal it would come off my child's dining plan and she would run out of meal's before our trip was over. Does anyone know if this is true? The rep at disney thought it was really strange that I did not want an adult meal.

Mukta

I would love to order off the kid's menu. I called the wdw dine # and was told if I ordered a kid's meal it would come off my child's dining plan and she would run out of meal's before our trip was over. Does anyone know if this is true? The rep at disney thought it was really strange that I did not want an adult meal.

It sounds like you are on the dining plan. You will not get your money's worth if you order kids' meals while on the DP. You are better off not getting the DP and paying for kids' meals out of pocket.
If you are there for free dining, why not order off of the adult's menu?

Dwarful

As the above poster stated if you are on free dining go ahead and order the adult. With quick service the current kids meals don't really have very much to offer...chicken nuggets...I think its four and they are small. You could opt to split the adult chicken strip meal with your child. If your card says '3 adults, 1 child' at the counter service that is all you'll be able to order at one time. You could order less, but not more at once. At least that's what happened to us the last time we used the ddp. We had extra credits left over and I tried to get four adult sandwich meals for the car trip home...I had 6 credits left which I knew were 4 adult and 2 child meals. The cast member at Movies wouldn't let me use four adults at once because our card said 3A1C. So I took the 3 A then went back and got the other 1 A and 1 C meal and my husband grabbed one more child's meal. For us it was a bit of a hassle, but it was worth it because it gave us 6 bottled bev. and lots of snacks/sandwiches for the road trip.

tink33

Since, it is free meal plan (at the time we booked it was not) I'll order off the adult menu. I'll just ask for fruit or veggies instead of fries. Will power is what I need.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom