Kids Credits Quick Service Dining Plan

Dcokers

Original Poster
I am going to DW on the Dining plan and my 9 year old is at that stage where she often eats an adult meal however she is on the kids dining plan.

Last year I noticed that the Disney dining plan just counted "credits" for the quick service restaurants, they didn't break it out between adults and kids. (they do break it out for the table dining) Does this mean my nine year old can order something that isn't on the kids menu at quick service restaurants.

tmstephe

Yes. We discovered this on our last trip, too. The sign says kids have to order from the kids menu but my 8 year old sometimes wanted the adult choices. We were never questioned about it. If in doubt, an adult could just go up to the kiosk/station alone and order for the child.

I_heart_Tigger

I'm in the opposite situation. My niece is in the adult category but prefers the kids meal items. On her last visit it wasn't an issue to order from the kids menu and use and adult credit for our TS or QS meals...hoping that's the same this year. She will usually find something on the adult menu if she has to but likes the nuggets and mac and cheese options.

EnchantedRose

On our last trip (November 2013) we got the QSDP and we would use points for adult meals for our son all the time. He was 6 at the time. Depending on where we were ordering from I would get him an adult meal. He can eat a lot when we wants...so depending on his mood. We never had an issue ordering for him as an "adult".

Weather_Lady

When we were there 2 weeks ago, a CM who heard me asking my 6-and-8-year-olds what they wanted from the kids' menu offered the unsolicited advice that, "they can order from either menu if they want -- regardless of what the DDP rules say, counter service meal credits aren't divided into adult and child categories."

tmstephe

When we were there 2 weeks ago, a CM who heard me asking my 6-and-8-year-olds what they wanted from the kids' menu offered the unsolicited advice that, "they can order from either menu if they want -- regardless of what the DDP rules say, counter service meal credits aren't divided into adult and child categories."

I love it when CM's go the extra mile. Seems like it's getting rarer these days, but it does still happen. We had a CM at the Liberty Inn offer to include bacon cheese fries as a side at no extra cost. He had to "trick" the computer, but he made it happen to help out our DDP credits. On the other hand, we had an extremely bad experience at Pinocchio's Village Haus where the CM was (in my opinion) rude and inflexible. At any, thanks for sharing an example of a positive CM interaction!

This is the first time I am traveling with a child on the DDP, and am glad to hear there is some flexibility because I'm not seeing much variety on the kids menus. What I can't seem to get a clear picture of, however, is what a child is entitled to when ordering from the kids menu - it looks like the meals come with milk or water, are we able to sometimes substitute a juice/lemonade? And one menu I saw said the sides of grapes and carrots could be exchanged for a variety of things, one of which was a cookie. Do you get a separate dessert from the regular menu when redeeming a kids meal, or is the meal basically all-inclusive? Not all that important, since I'm sure she doesn't need desert at every meal, but it'd be nice to grab an apple/banana in place of her desert for a snack later.

crispy

They usually get a cookie in addition to the sides (like grapes and fries), but it really depends on the restaurant. When we have the dining plan, our girls usually share an adult meal (the adult chicken nuggets are a lot tastier!) for lunch and breakfast.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom